Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 4

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
New year is here, and that also means a new month - it's time for the 4th episode of Maxis Monthly! Let's watch it together here on the forums!

When? Today at 11AM PST. As usual, you can check the exact time for your timezone here.

Update: if you missed the livestream or you want to watch it again, here the video:
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Is it me or they are in late?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited January 2019
    I just turned it off. I couldnt take it anymore. I was expecting something about sims the game, not a show about the alexa device.
    Its a pity we cant downvote on this forum.
    Post edited by Zasz on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I have no idea what's going on on the stream right now.....why....are they streaming an ad for Alexa?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Aw, they should have named the toilet Tragic John.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think the Alexa thing will be fun. :) People are so negative.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    For those who don't own/operate an Alexa, I can understand being a bit meh (like me). For them it's not about "negativity" but rather something that has no use to them -- at least Baby Ariel clothes adds to their Sims wardrobe. I'll just shrug, shake my head, and move on though.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Alexa Play the Sims
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I think it looks cool but I wish there was more to it. Maybe something like the Skyrim add on to the Alexa where you can play the game?
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

edited January 2019
    Wait! I want one you did breath on!
    *breathe
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    As expected, it was nothing. Glad I had no expectations.

Anyway, was I hearing wrong or did that chick pronounce mukbang as "mook-bang" :#
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    My Alexa kept waking up every time they said her name lol
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    My Alexa kept waking up every time they said her name lol

You could have stopped that by hitting the mute button.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Can't wait for this to go live next week. I asked SimGuruLegacy if Alexa will be able to play the CAS/Buy Build Music from Outdoor Retreat and he seems to think so. He's testing it now.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    That's it is alexa? Nothing new coming in patch or any packs announced?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    So glad I checked the comments before I wasted 38 minutes of my life. *huge eyeroll*

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I came into it expecting nothing, and I got just that.

The idea of doing a Maxis monthly stream is awesome, but the execution is so poor. When I loaded the stream up, and was introduced to an engineer guru of TS4, I got excited, because I thought we would be engaged with information/commentary on how/why certain things work the way they do in TS4. That’s really what I look for most from these streams — seeing developers we usually don’t see, and hearing their experiences developing the game.

If we don’t get that, I really don’t see the purpose in these streams all that much.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    For those who don't own/operate an Alexa, I can understand being a bit meh (like me). For them it's not about "negativity" but rather something that has no use to them -- at least Baby Ariel clothes adds to their Sims wardrobe. I'll just shrug, shake my head, and move on though.

i actually wanted alexa for christmas but got switch games instead. of the 2 i thought i had a better chance at getting alexa cause its cheaper or it was at christmas.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    What's Alexa? I though her name was Siri or something...
    Read: I don't live in the US and don't know anyone with Alexa or any device like that. Even Apple products are very rare there. I though Maxis monthly will be like Q&A that are on Twitter not add for their and others products.
    You constantly say you don't have time and resources to do /insert almost anything fans ask for/ and you need to be careful what you put your energy into. But then do some device add?
    I love the gurus but management should listen to us sometimes too.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    @Kolikokolitka Alexa is the box looking thing for your apartment. Siri is the phone thingy. Like the initial windows 10 voice activated thingy (which I dont use because I still prefer my windows 7).
    What's Alexa? I though her name was Siri or something...
    Read: I don't live in the US and don't know anyone with Alexa or any device like that. Even Apple products are very rare there. I though Maxis monthly will be like Q&A that are on Twitter not add for their and others products.
    You constantly say you don't have time and resources to do /insert almost anything fans ask for/ and you need to be careful what you put your energy into. But then do some device add?
    I love the gurus but management should listen to us sometimes too.

Siri is Apple's Virtual Assistant, Alexa is Amazon's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I would normally be uninterested in this news, but very recently this Christmas I received an Amazon Echo speaker as a gift. So I wouldn't know how it would actually work with my little speaker, but would it just play Sims music and trivia for me only?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    @Kolikokolitka Alexa is the box looking thing for your apartment. Siri is the phone thingy. Like the initial windows 10 voice activated thingy (which I dont use because I still prefer my windows 7).
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Siri is Apple's Virtual Assistant, Alexa is Amazon's.
    Thanks, I know (I didn't know which company they belong to). What I wanted to say, that this was an add for US viewers and by "announcement" I didn't except to be and add for only one part of the world. If it would be a new website or something, I would get that. But this was way too far. But I understand that it's not the gurus making. I work in the game developing company as well and I see what non-gamers (non-IT) people in management could do with the game. I would just like to see the resources to be put on something useful (new items, new gameplay, bug fixes...) than this.

EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited January 2019
    Would be nice if they can update the Lindsay one to Alexa in the game so that we can have those sweet features in the Sims game.😒 :/
    edited January 2019
    beville wrote: »
    Would be nice if they can update the Lindsay one to Alexa in the game so that we can have those sweet features in the Sims game.😒 :/

Sims can already play trivia on their speaker.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top