Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Maxis Monthly (The Sims Now On Alexa)!!!!!!

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So the stream may or may not show any content for Sims 4 way to waste people time how I miss the quarterly teaser.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Exactly, Maxis Monthly just became another GuruGarage.... what's the point of having both "types" if they're more of the same?
    The only appealing thing about monthly was the anticipation for new content, anything.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Kate said something nifty, but that each MM won't necessarily have something new for your preferred game (TS4 in my case).

If there's nothing, I can't really blame them because everyone's just coming back from the holidays (even I just came back to work this week). Plus we still got some holiday goodies last month. So anything goes.

Even though they don't announce packs in these things, I wonder if we'll get a GP or SP this month like the previous years. A big new feature like toddlers is probably out of the question because we just got terrain tools, so we'll just see.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2019
    On one side, SimGuruGnome I think said that there's a new surprise to start off 2019. But on the other hand, Kate says that not all MaxisMonthly streams will have new announcements.. I choose to believe there will be nothing announced today and be pleasantly surprised if there is, than to have my hopes up and be disappointed instead.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    On one side, SimGuruGnome I think said that there's a new surprise to start off 2019. But on the other hand, Kate says that not all MaxisMonthly streams will have new announcements.. I choose to believe there will be nothing announced today and be pleasantly surprised if there is, than to have my hopes up and be disappointed instead.
    Probably the same thing Kate mentioned? "showcasing something kinda nifty"

They said they won't announce packs anymore in Maxis Monthly and that it won't be a patch this time either, so I guess maybe a new little function, like a new cheat :neutral:
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Probably the same thing Kate mentioned? "showcasing something kinda nifty"

They said they won't announce packs anymore in Maxis Monthly and that it won't be a patch this time either, so I guess maybe a new little function, like a new cheat :neutral:

Yeah which makes this thing totally pointless imo.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hit me up when there's actual news coming in the Maxis Monthly. I won't be watching.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't get it. People want more transparency and communication, don't they? Not only major announcements? Maxis Monthly was never put out as an announcement feature. It's a communication feature, and there's always more to talk about and share than major pack/feature announcements. Plus it's been a very long time since Sims was only about the PC game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't get it. People want more transparency and communication, don't they? Not only major announcements? Maxis Monthly was never put out as an announcement feature. It's a communication feature, and there's always more to talk about and share than major pack/feature announcements. Plus it's been a very long time since Sims was only about the PC game.

^^^^^ This.

And also... we just got Get Famous two months ago. Right before the holidays. If they don't have anything major to announce right now, maybe remember that we just got an EP.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Exactly, Maxis Monthly just became another GuruGarage.... what's the point of having both "types" if they're more of the same?
    The only appealing thing about monthly was the anticipation for new content, anything.

I actually agree with this, I feel like there's nothing that really sets the two apart. Like @Eliharb said anticipating new content was the most appealing thing about MM.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Their showing off a new feature however we won't be getting it today.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited January 2019
    Even Alexa doesn't understand the murmuring gurus. Please EA team, consider foreign language listeners and try to speak loudly and clearly.
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
    Ready for this to go live. It's just in testing now. Not available on my Alexa Speakers and Smart Displays.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I just watched part of an Alexa commercial. This is the stream. That is it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, the Alexa app looks cool, but I neither have nor want one. :D I hope the others enjoy it though
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    From their wording it seems like we wont get a pack this month. But feburary is a month we should be looking for. Sims anniversary + a new pack.
    Thats my feeling after the stream
    Oh well they just confirmed no new content for sims 4 this month. (twitch after the stream in the chat)
    Oh well they just confirmed no new content for sims 4 this month. (twitch after the stream in the chat)

I don't know if that's what they meant. I still wouldn't rule out a Stuffpack however a big pack like a Gamepack I would rule out this month.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

I don't know if that's what they meant. I still wouldn't rule out a Stuffpack however a big pack like a Gamepack I would rule out this month.

Haven't seen or heard their wording, but I am not even expecting a Patch. So I can be pleasantly surprised if there is, and not be disappointed if I'm right and there's absolutely nothing.

I dont know how to make screenshots n stuff but they literally wrote: „Can confirm, no new content for TheSims4 this month“
    Also they said there are no hints hidden in alexaSims
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    This targets such a niche audience, what's even the point? :/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »

I wish I could agree, but I fear the niche audience are we ...
    rinre33 wrote: »

Simmers are probably made up of loads of separate niche audiences. We're probably all part of some niche or other. Plus something like this could pull some new players in, which is to all of our benefit. Franchises don't survive if they rely only on continuing audiences.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm not mad, I just don't get the point of wasting a Maxis Monthly on this. They didn't have content for any game, just a silly trivia thing on Alexa's app. I don't even have her, I don't own an android and I do not have Alexa anywhere nor do I care. It's just unnecessary, but that's just my opinion. You can't be surprised by people not taking an interest in this especially when it's the first Sims stream of the year.

But I guess Maxis was never very good in marketing. Remember Rachel dancing on stage? Them using the phrase "throw shade" in a trailer and totally out of context?

Anyways, it's things like this that make it hard for us to do any speculating or gain any hype.

This silly game will be played by maybe 1000 people around the globe and be forgotten about next month. But hey, if you like it play it.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Of note, the Alexa doesn't impact Sims 4 development in any way:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top