Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite season in the game?

Comments

• therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    Minę is Winter. Cant post pics right now, but will later.

Snowy sunny Winter
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Thought so. I’ll have to check the world out soon :)

@Goulsquash
    I spent a few minutes in my game just watching the snow slowly fade away as the spring temps were causing the snow to vanish. I really love the level of detail the makers of Seasons put in.

@Springfairy556
    Lovely pics! I like the warmth of the sunset in the last pic. Autumn is soon to appear in your game then! :p

@Serendipity93
    Very much agreed. But then Spring is becoming a favorite of mine now... :o:p

@Faerie197
    Yeah while I love actually experiencing seasons now the rain has started to get on my nerves. There’s a mod out there that reduces the amount of rain so I’ll have to check it out.

@LunBeauty
    Autumn is my favorite IRL too. But where I live there aren’t many trees so when it is fall the leaves seem to change color one day and fall off the tree another all at once lol
    giphy.gif

@Bettyboop55
    I haven’t played in Sunlit tides in ages! I’ve been planning on doing so as it has so many pretty views there.

@therealsunsetvalley
    You’re in a good thread to post those pretty winter pics. Lol. Although I might be attempting to turn the tide in Spring’s favor though >:):p
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Anyone else find it amusing that when it's raining or snowing, the game shows it raining or snowing inside as well?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    edited January 2019
    @AlexaKry
    Is that Bridgeport? Winter looks so pretty there!

@Faerie197
    Do you mean that it’s actually raining in your sim’s houses when it also rains outside?

If it’s actually raining in your sims house then the roof might not be on the house properly. :/
    I mean there's no mechanical effect (don't get soaked, don't get cold) but visually the rain falls inside the house too.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Always say winter, but the graveyard, in fall, during a rainy day, is really sad and spooky...

dVn66Oh.jpg

Cux7vl3.jpg
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I mean there's no mechanical effect (don't get soaked, don't get cold) but visually the rain falls inside the house too.
    Strange! Does it happen to all of your houses? This is making me curious. Lol.

@Hejix
    I've taken a few gloomy Fall pics recently in my game as well! It's amazing how pretty darkness and gloom can be. Lol. Also, your pics are obviously lovely :)
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Amphora : yes, it is Bridgeport! I just deleted the butterfly park and put the seasons festival park there.
    I love editing towns and making them my own. Really gives your own stamp to them and makes gameplay more worthwhile :)
    edited January 2019
    Not sure. It definitely happens with house boats. And the rain visually falls inside of a green house. But that might be due to the way a greenhouse is still classified as "outdoors". Not sure off hand about a house though, will have to sign into a save and find out. One sec while I verify.

EDIT: Doesn't happen all the time with houses. In the save I loaded up it initially showed it raining indoors, then when I put up all walls (visually) that stopped happening.
    Post edited by Faerie197 on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member

I think winter is one of my favorites. Summer is good but it's pretty much like playing the game without Seasons.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I enjoy them all. But in my current save it’s Spring and it’s so pretty!
    Winter is lovely, but sims are idiots. If they aren't leaving their lot they will run outside while still wearing their sleep outfit, or whatever they happened to be wearing. Which in turn means the sim starts to freeze rather quickly. To a lesser degree Spring and Fall suffer the same issue. It just takes longer. I mean, sure the greenhouse prevents snow from falling on your garden. But it's clearly not heated since sims can and will still freeze while tending the garden in winter. Yet because it's on the same lot, they'll do so while still wearing their bed cloths.
    @Amphora Thanks!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mine is autumn/fall, it creates eerie feeling and the lighting is awesome
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Now, winter frustrates me. Sleeping in the snow during a teen party, really? Going in the waterslide in a snowstorm? Walking barefeet on the ice!?! The garden still being watered in winter???

Where are the Christmas light?!? Where are the frozen ponds...?

Okay, fall was wayyyyyyy better. Spooky day!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member

49569723_226785998245660_6458503255419781120_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_eui2=AeF1PMmOHs1NvJlNXtJMhz8Ufxz8As3wMSD-K4ASgrmgz8x1CLEhgtAtLdwAlpcPuF0IyiEQ2XPYLf_swNqOldSDzrRuBOVdcY5sQSZ9k94i9w&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=47fad306a9e539535551a12a066848f6&oe=5C91A12E
    I use a mod to increase season length, so its still Fall time.Not sure why my water looks super glossy.XD
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I held off replying because I like all of them. EA did such a good job on this EP. I'll share the very few Seasons Scenery screenshots I have. I miss this pack sooo much in my LEPacy save. :D
    1. Winter - Level of snow
    2. Autumn - Leaves turn
    3. Spring - Rain & Thunderstorms
    4. Summer - Hot days spent at the beach

Twinbrook
    tumblr_nsn2w8RN0w1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    Midnight Hollow (Raining) It looked way cooler in person. lol
    tumblr_ns35x9qEDC1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Hejix wrote: »
    Now, winter frustrates me. Sleeping in the snow during a teen party, really? Going in the waterslide in a snowstorm? Walking barefeet on the ice!?! The garden still being watered in winter???

Sounds like a game glitch to me.Winter works just fine in my game.
    48404835_211072196483707_4225663836855730176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeF-pMqWLpRf6vCuqDUnlnNOjYW7R7qfxRMtYMTPTNPie9tPbIhhcx48z9f5HupjxmG_fnL_1Q9LqUBIdsZ3HY3WZI8hNEkxkI1DD1tRtygHrw&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=de336ff84d1e7a30751d09cec7a1c8ec&oe=5CC2A629

48275020_212595636331363_6503729467205091328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_eui2=AeHc6j2jeNgUe7WVaX3EmcR4NwqStWMuU-FTGYqeoNbF9MDGmFvX8IIh9DQGiMQWabbcH_4U2kPrlEamV_R8PifMADA-3T-IsFlxf2a7S509ig&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6778e59dbe753cabae985527a385d348&oe=5CC0CC8A

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I do not like playing my game in Winter. It looks lovely and the effects are just right but it depresses me. I don't like my sims going out in the cold so I don't do as much (they don't care, it seems).

Fall is much better. They can still do most things and I like the wind effect.

I haven't got to play as much in Springtime. Sometimes it's so beautiful and sometimes too rainy. The less rainy Spring is my fav. Love to hunt those Easter eggs!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I always enjoyed winter, I loved the snow effects. Fall is also a close second favorite, the thunderstorms, howling wind and heavy rain that sometimes would happen.
    edited January 2019
    Hejix wrote: »

"Sleeping in the snow during a teen party, really? Going in the waterslide in a snowstorm?"
    No one said sims are smart. :D (lol) One time I was scrolling through the open world waiting for my sim to get off work and saw a bunch of townies sunbathing on the beach during a very overcast rainy day. I thought it was hilarious.
    "Walking barefeet on the ice!?!"
    Do you mean ice skating? Sometimes it takes a bit for the ice skates to appear but they should do a spin before getting onto the ice and eventually the skates render.
    "The garden still being watered in winter???"
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Harvestable plants should go dormant in the winter when outdoors.
    "Where are the Christmas light?!?"
    I believe it needs to be close to Snowflake Day in order for the game to auto place roof lights for the holiday on non-active household lots. Could be dependent on Season length settings.
    "Where are the frozen ponds...?"
    This has everything to do with temperature much like real life. Also depends on the size of the body of water.

Not trying to nitpick... Just my two sense from one simmer to another. :)

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

@SimplyJen,
    "Where are the Christmas light?!?"
    I believe it needs to be close to Snowflake Day in order for the game to auto place roof lights for the holiday on non-active household lots. Could be dependent on Season length settings.

Lights can be put up anytime in any season as I have done them in the Summer time and changed the color to red for the 4th July. Or they could can changed to red for Love Day... :smiley: And they stay up for as long as you want to to as they don't disappear after Gift Giving Day. I've gone around to a couple of houses in my game and clicked on the neighbors house doors to set the lights up on them as I have never seen the game do it automatically.

This picture is from Fall/Autumn in my game. So I changed the lights to purple since purple is suppose to be a popular color for Halloween... :) (Plus it's one of my favorite colors as well as my SS favorite... :) )
    u0HPAj4l.jpg

This is from my Frankenstein game play of a Fall picture with the purple lights on their house... :)
    frYXL38l.jpg
    @SimplyJen
    Non Active households have put them up last day of fall in my game.
    And yep, I find larger ponds freeze and become solid more quickly.
    My plants are dormant in the winter, but my game still requires me to water
    them and weed them.They just can't be harvested at least in my game.
    edited January 2019
    @lisasc360 I am aware active households we (the players) can put lights up anytime... I was talking about non-active households... You know, the townies we're not controlling. When the game auto puts up the lights without switching households to put them up manually. Hope that made sense. :) cool pictures
    @Springfairy556 Ah, it's been a while since I've played with Seasons enabled.