Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
edited February 15 in Nominated Threads
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Would you want Sims 1 on Origin? Would you pay for it?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    $20-$30 seems a bit much (I'd still pay it), $10 would be a much better price.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would pay $20-$30 for a digital copy of the Complete Collection but I also would want any bugs fixed. We already have 3D versions (TS2, TS3 and TS4).
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I would pay for the complete collection. The only thing I would change would be more life stages other than that I would keep it exactly the same.
  • CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    $20 would be fine if they optimized the game for modern systems (i.e. by making widescreen resolutions support for starters) and maybe added something more too.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Yes, for free though, it's pretty old.
    I'd prefer it for free but if that's not possible then I'd pay for it. Got to have them all!
  • TomCerseiTomCersei Posts: 1 New Member
    EA should already start to fix all the bugs on the Sims 4 before updating other content...There is a lot of troubles with graphics on Sims 4 since last year
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes, here's my wallet, take whatever you want, but please, fix the bugs.
    They should have started fixing the bugs since Sims 1. Never really took a habit of it. If it wasn't the only game of its kind on the market... (But there are only really bad clones, lucky for them, that's how they get away with it.)
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd love to give it a spin again, if it was either free or dirt cheap, as I probably wouldn't play it for long at the time. After being spoiled with generations, facial expressions and moving lips and lots of other things in the sequels, it won't be quite the same.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    canitbeman wrote: »
    $20-$30 seems a bit much (I'd still pay it), $10 would be a much better price.

Agreed. $20-$30 is too much. Take Nintendo's Virtual Console prices (on the Wii U) for an example- N64 and DS titles are only $10, and games older than that are even cheaper. People don't want to pay the equivalent of 50% off the most recent game for an old iteration.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I chose $20, but it would be for some "ultimate" all-inclusive version.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    TomCersei wrote: »
    EA should already start to fix all the bugs on the Sims 4 before updating other content...There is a lot of troubles with graphics on Sims 4 since last year

To fix TS4's bugs? Good luck with that; most bugs on TS3 were never ever remotely addressed, and instead of fixing it, they started working on TS4.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    I have 2 copies of the delux version. I can't play it because the camera controls bother me... so just update it a bit so I can and I'll go with that one. :lol:

I don't want Any game on Origin. I want my games to work on Win10 and to be able to keep my Disks and not Have to only get any game from online stores. -I guess I'm just old and like my independence of corporate control.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'd like a 3d version instead. Update it a bit.
    A little update would be nice. I really like the old graphics, but better camera controls would be awesome.

I also wish the sims and their relationships were at least a bit easier to maintain, because it is really hard now! :'D No wonder me and my sister were crazily worried about our sims' needs for years in the sims 2, though those sims are much easier to take care of.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Why would anyone want to play that old game? It didn't age well.
    I said no...although I appreciated TS1 at its time, Its the only game in the sims series that I really don't have a nostalgia for where I want to go back and play it. I have all the discs yet if I really wanted to install it. I just don't think it would necessarily even run properly on a windows 10 pc, and it is sooo dated at this point in terms of how it looks and plays.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Wouldn't pay for it but I'd play it if it were free.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    I would love for it to be on Origin since the rest of my Sims games are on there, but I would want it to be for free like they did with Sims 2.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I’d be willing to pay for it but would prefer it to be a freebie. Also re-offer the Sims 2 UC (without having to jump through hoops for it) for those of us who missed the first offer but have been loyal Sims players (3 or 4) on Origin over the past few years since then.
    ~ ~ ~
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    TomCersei wrote: »
    It's unlikely EA would do that. TS2 & TS3 still have outstanding bugs that EA never addressed.

in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes a 100% yes. Take my wallet, whatever. I wouldn't even mind if they didnt fix the bugs, just make it windows 10 compatible in wide screen and im happy.

PLEASE EA!
  • LoppyLooLoppyLoo Posts: 58 Member
    I would love it. If ea could put the sims 1 on the origin page. I would totally pay for it or just do as a bonus collection like the sims 2. pleasseeeee EA :smiley:
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes, 20 $! Or 30 $!
    I'd be willing to pay about $20-$25 for a complete TS1 collection on Origin. However, free would be really nice too, especially considering the age of the game.
    In my personal opinion, TS1still has some of the best build and buy mode music to date, and some of the loading screen music is equally fantastic. The ONLY change I'd made is having it randomize the opening load screen/music between all of the expansion's different versions. Some of the scroll-bys were hysterical, and the music was great.
  • KustridarenKustridaren Posts: 21 Member
    I would love to play the sims 1 again on a modern os. As I remember the sims 1 is it's hard to keep your sims happy and improve their skills but it also had great music.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'd definitely get it if it were available! I wasn't even alive when The Sims 1 came out but I still think it'd be so cool to experience what it was like!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Sure, even though the game hasn't aged well.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @AriaMad2 You make me feel old, lol. Even though I feel I was a teen yesterday, hehe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top