Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when will my sim become rich?

2...Next

Comments

• TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    I was also very confused as to why the median is listed as 9800 simoleons but in reality being paid much lower...
  • TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    I also can't turn off the celebrity walk...which was fun for about 4 minutes...
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @Teoboy it seems like there are ALOT of bugs in this pack including broken perks so I’m just hoping the next patch fixes all of this
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    > @TeoBoy said:
    > I was also very confused as to why the median is listed as 9800 simoleons but in reality being paid much lower...

Yea, the pay is really awful, but it is fun for a while. Love the acting. Wish there was more variation and more to do.

As for money, playing without cheating, the best way is gardening. Dragon Fruit plants can be made from plants found in most neighborhoods. Four Dragon Fruit plants will yield over $10,000 a day even at low gardening levels. $25,000 a day if you don't have Seasons. (They nerfed gardening in that pack)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    My Global Superstar is a singer. I am using Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career mod to augment GF. My Singer makes 10,000 per concert, is in constant demand and gets offers to have his photo on magazine covers. As a result he's managed to reach level 5 in modeling (courtesy of RTF) and now makes a cool 10,000 per session, as well. He's also earning 200 per record he releases in royalties. He's got 48 songs, so far. Suffice it to say, he's doing very well for a high school dropout. He's a YA, now. No 'motherlode' needed. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Update: my sim is now a 5 star celebrity and level 10 in the acting career and the most she can make off a gig is $6,500 even though under her career panel it says medium gig pay is $9,800. Am I doing something wrong. I really don’t see how I would ever get her to the pinnacles at this rate. Good thing I have aging off.

This. It has to be a bug, right?
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I also have a level 10 actress who is a global superstar, has all the perks that supposedly augment money, has worked literally as many gigs per week as allowed her entire adult life, has so much charisma that she can borrow large sums of money from all her friends, and still can't afford a mansion on the hill. Gurus, if you're reading this thread, please, please fix this. The acting career, stuff for people with scads of money, and a theoretical progression from the slum to the hill were the main selling points for this pack. There is no excuse for leaving them this broken.

And if I may make a suggestion, I think basic gig pay ought to be multiplied by the number of fame stars a sim has, excluding zero. This would be a quick and realistic fix.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Interesting comments. I have a global superstar ex-actress with a money tree and she can't spend all the money she makes. Also take a cuttings from the money tree and graft it on to other plants and the money will really start to roll in.

She quit the acting job and is a writer and now gets plenty of royalty income.
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    My sim made offerings to the gnomes when my game started up and they go a halo around their head. Now they drop tons of seed packets that sell for 100 each in build mode. Just let them stack up and you can make up to 2000 or more in just 1 sim day.