Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llandros' Ultimate Sim Challenge Rules (Sims 3)

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

@AlHollandiyah How's things going in your game? I've finished up the business career and joined the bookstore. I'm pretty much just waiting on my sims child to age to young adult to move in her boyfriend, and finish my Ultimates bookstore job then moving them to Riverview.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I'm currently still at the start of the criminal career, as I am switching back and forth between sims and minecraft! Last time I tried she couldn't go to work, hope next time the game launches that is fixed, else I'll probably move her to a fresh save for the xth time.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    You both are inspiring me to try this challenge again.

It's definitely a challenge, especially because the goal is to do everything you can with the games you have. I just have a hard time with the supernatural and social status items. I'm not really into them (though I love the Supernatural stuff and worlds, just not playing them. I'm weird, I know).
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)

@AlHollandiyah I hate when the game glitches like that. Only issue I had so far was the daycare.

@MamaSimTee I hope you try it again. This is my second attempt, and I've made it further than the first one. I play the Supernatural's every once in a while but I never worry about social status. When it is just one for the challenge, it isn't bad to keep it at the top once you get it there. Maintaining all three might be a pain though.

Moved the family to Riverview now. I haven't started University yet, that will be tomorrows session.
    Yeah those social groups are a pain in the plum. Like seriously, how do you keep up with all three all the time. I keep loosing mine!
    I think that the quads messed it up. When she was pregnant she got maternity leave for 3 days like normal, but then there were 4 babies! And that is only possible with a Nraas mod (I forgot which one), so it probably messed up her career! Well, I moved her in to a new save, and now it just says 1 day and some hours, so thats good! I also picked another house that I liked better, a little smaller! She doesn't need a maze like castle for just herself!

@AlHollandiyah I'm glad moving her to another save worked. I hope everything works out for you now.
    I have moved her to new saves like tons of times to solve all kinds of glitches. I usually start a new town, edit it if I want to, save it as __ without moving her in, then I move her in and create a save named _1. Then I rotate between 4 saves using nraas saver. So I can always go back to my ready town when I need to. And to make sure not all is corrupted when something happened I always keep a zip of the empty town and the last set of saves in a backup folder in my documents. Still anything could happen with a buggy game like this....
    edited January 2019
    I think I found a possible bug in your challenge @Llandros2012!

I am currently in Season 13 and I just started the Architect career. However my sim is getting 0 jobs to proceed with. And when I read up on the forums all they are saying is "Work on the painting skill, and if you get a higher level in the career those jobs will be easier to get." I guess you see where this is going.... by the time that someone reaches season 13 they will not only have level 10 painting and level 10 self employed Painter career, but even the Art Master Class from the Art Appraiser career. Meaning there is literally 0 to gain for her in the painting skill at this moment, meaning she gets 0 on her job performance whatsoever. She also can't go talk to sims and show her portfolio because without any done jobs the thing is 0% complete a.k.a. completely empty. If anyone knows something I am missing please let me know, because it seems that I am stuck at this point!

I'm halfway through the culinary career. Things are progressing pretty good, just mainly reading recipes and working on skill challenges.
    If you want to complete all the skill challenges, the guitar star skill challenge is nearly impossible when you are NOT in the culinary career. Try to see if you can get it done before quitting that job. I resorted to forcing opportunity on her worklot at the end, not to spend 5 years in that one job or have an incomplete list of skill challenges. There are 3 work related challenges with guitars that count.
    Ughhh. The Architect career is a huge pain in the plum if you have painting level maxed. The only way to level it is to go to (grumpy) sims, work yourself tired, only to be told something among the lines of 'I guess you did Okay' and 'You did what we asked'. You know where all of you can stick it? I'm out of this career. I cant seem te spend one more day doing something so utterly undervalued. I have something better to do with my time. So yes, I skipped it. And I'm about to start season 14 soonish!

@AlHollandiyah Thanks for the advise. I saw where Llandros had to force the guitar opportunities in LP. As for the architect career, I wondered if using MC to lower the painting skill would work? I've got a long way to get there and I'd hate to do it, but I may try that when I do get there.
    I actually thought about that, but I don't know what that does to the special opportunity rewards. I also noticed that lowering and redoing a skill sometimes causes glitches, so I am very cautious with that. Maybe Llandros can use this feedback to change when this career is done on the challenge scale though.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Use the wishing well from Lucky Palms if you want to bump yourself up a bit in the career to keep going - you'll need to do that in the lifeguard position as well

@Llandros2012 I'll have to remember this for when I get that far. I've got one more week in the culinary career to go then off to the painting skill. My second attempt at this challenge went a lot farther than my first attempt.

@AlHollandiyah I hope your game is going well.

Finished the culinary career with one day left on year one. I'm just stopping the career one day early due to this and giving my sim a free day. Getting ready to have a child in Riverview now she has the time to help take care of it, she married George Dean after Christopher died.

Started week 2 of the painter career and am almost to level 10. My US, Brittany, will just use the other weeks to finish skill challenges but I plan to paint at least a few times a week when I can.
    @Llandros2012 you have a bug in your challenge! In season 14 we are supposed to do the Game Developer (Game Artist Branch) career. However, try as I might there was no way I could have my sim join this career in this town. Fresh save, shift click mailbox, nraas careers or go to the rabbit hole, whatever I tried I ended up with a sim that was still jobless and ended up being reset to a random part of her house. So I started googling and it seems that this is a bug specific to Aurora Skies, as many others have mentioned in this topic! And season 14 is in Aurora Skies. You might want to swap this career with another one for another season?
    So, other then the glitched career I finished season 14 and will start season 15 soonish!

Painter career is done. Working at the spa now, just waiting on the promotions. My house is completely full but I have three elders who are close to dying soon, including my Ultimate Sims husband.

Made it to Twinbrook finally. I played the first few days of University before watching the Super Bowl.
    edited February 2019

I've got the third degree finished finally, working on the firefighter career and hoping emergencies work like they are supposed to. I had an issue where my family tree got messed up but I used MC to fix it, just had to figure out where the deceased sims are listed in the mod. I've also been working on my challenge attempt thread when I have time.