Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What antivirus software are you using?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, currently, I've installed Avast Premiere but I'd like to change to a new one this time. Any recommendation will be great. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've been using AVG for years.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Is it free version?

• Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Kaspersky is forever awesome (and cheap)! xD
  • Options
    CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    360 Total Security
    positively Epicurean
  • Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    I've also used AVG Free for years and have been satisfied with it. Very non-intrusive compared to some software I've used before/at work/on other people's PCs. Although in recent years, they've been throwing up little pop-up ads in the corner of my screen maybe once every week or two. But it's never so inconvenient that I want to switch software -- except one time last year when a bug caused the pop-up to appear for people literally every 2 minutes. But they fixed that very quietly the same day it started happening. Other than that... AVG's cool.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited January 2017
    McAfee.

I used to really hate it, but so when my last laptop had it I quickly swapped it out for something else. But it was still in my recovery tools and I had some nasty virus that was destroying my computer but NOTHING could find it, I downloaded various deep scan tools from a few reputable sources but none of them could find it. I got into my recovery tools and ran McAfee and it found and removed the virus no problem. It came on my new laptop so I'm just keeping it.

I was using Avira free on my last laptop though (after that virus), I like it a lot too. Even the free version is great (and I never thought I support a free anti-virus)
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I use the free version of Avira. It seems ok.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I use McAfee which is great. I haven't had any problems with anything since I've had it.
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    The preinstalled Windows Defender B)
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I don't actively use antiviruses, Windows 10 has some defender thing but it hasn't alerted me of anything ever since I've had this PC (almost 2 years)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I use Avira. It's free. It has very good reviews.
    I use it in combination with an ad blocker and extensions to block trackers, and plugins are disabled by default on my browser. If you really want security, I recommend doing this. Antiviruses aren't enough alone.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Is it free version?

Yes, the free version.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Norton Internet Security.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,072 Member
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials as my primary antivirus and use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as a backup to check to make sure nothing is missed.
  • Options
    matthew1112matthew1112 Posts: 77 Member
    avast
  • Options
    Lona1213Lona1213 Posts: 21 New Member
    My anit-virus is Avast. It is great, but Pro Antivirus, Internet security and Premier costs money and it is not cheap! I would recommend downloading free version for now and get the pro stuff later.
  • Options
    simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    I used to use Norton Internet Security when I got my first laptop, then used AVG for years but it messed up, then switched to Avast(which was great) but now I am back to Norton. Haven't had a problem since.
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • Options
    kikyo_1987kikyo_1987 Posts: 42 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Is it free version?

if you are running windows 8 or high windows defender is built into the operating system and does good enough. I also use adblock plus on my web browsers.
  • Options
    HaserederHasereder Posts: 2 New Member
    I like trusted brands - avast antivirus reviews in addition, if you look at many ratings, it is clear that Avast is a leader among free and paid antiviruses.
  • Options
    @Hasereder Thank you very much. I'm still using Avast one.:)
  • Options
    tglee19tglee19 Posts: 32 Member
    V3-AhnLlab
  • Options
    EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    My school (which is my computer to use and take home (and play games)) put sophos Anti-Virus on our computers
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling