Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things other people want that you don't care for?

I was thinking the other day about how often I see certain features for the game get requested on the forum and when I think about those features they just don't sound fun to me at all. One example of that for me is cars.

Are there any popular ideas or requests for the game that you see often in the forums, that you yourself don't care for?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Definitely cars. Also body hair and more CAS for males. To be clear I wouldn’t mind these additions they’re just not at the top of my wish list.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    cars. I don't care about them at all haha. If they add them I don't care, but I don't care if they don't too lol
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Witches. I've never made much use of life states other than human in the past Sims games. And I especially don't care for the more creepy themed ones, it's just not my style.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Vacation Worlds. Never been a fan of the concept. Don't understand why people would want forced limitations placed on their worlds.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    ^I didn't know people were asking for witches but I would agree with that one too. I just like playing with human sims.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Body hair is definitely one for me. I don't care for it much in the RW, so there's that too. Cars, I could see the uses, but I'm just kinda meh about them. They were little more than decoration for me in S2.

Occults, however, I need!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    I've seen a lot of requests for some kind of farming expansion. It could be interesting, but also quite time-consuming and difficult. I'd pass on that one.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    There's lots of stuff that I don't see the point in...
    Tropical islands
    Mermaids
    Tweens/preteens
    "preschoolers" (that's what toddlers are...)
    Laundry
    Dorms
    Cheerleaders
    Fairies
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Hmm... I agree with you guys I only play with humans and am very realistic about how I play. Rarely one of my sims will marry an alien and bring aliens into the family, or my male sims get abducted. But then again, it’s rare but it’s actually quite enjoyable for a generation or two. But the people who play full blood lines of supernatural creatures and are borderline obsessed with them? Nope, not my thing.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited January 2019
    Pre-teens and reworked babies don't interest me at all. I know that babies will probably get reworked somewhere down the line because so many people want it. I will deal with it if it happens, but I'm not a family player so these suggestions just don't appeal to me. I am happy with the life stages we have and how low maintenance the current babies are.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2019
    • Cars - I'm happy enough with the toy cars I can just enlarge to make them look like actual cars. I would find this addition pointless (unless we get more options with them besides travel)
    • Shorter Teens - even though they have the same height as adults, they are clearly distinguishable from young adults, especially the random generated ones
    • Farming - not my cup of tea to be honest
    • Horses - never cared about them in TS3, but I would like small pets being added back, something like birds or reptiles
    • Improved Babies - babies in TS3 had many different interactions available, they also weren't tied to the bassinet, yet I still thought they were boring. To be fair, I don't really care about babies in real life either.
    These are just those I can think of right now I couldn't care less about, yet they seem to be really popular requests.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    It's been said already but cars and babies. I just age the babies up anyways and cars seem pointless in a closed world so 🤷
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Witches and Fairies, sorry..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Witches, faeries, nymphs, imps, werewolves, wererats, smurfs, elves, mermaids, mer-men, gremlins, half-orcs, jackalopes, chupacabras, griffins, pegasi, centaurs, etc...

And anything to do with babies.
  • SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    Even though it’s already be said:
    1. Cars. I liked them in the Sims 3 because of the open world, but I don’t think they make sense for the Sims 4. It’d just be a few second long cut scene of a sim getting into a car before it disappears.
    2. Any more “supernatural” life states. I prefer to play realistically, I never use the aliens or vampires so I know I wouldn’t use witches or werewolves
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    1. Babies and Preteens - Babies are my least favorite life stage so I hardly use them, and preteens would not only be redundant, but their existence would mean fewer CAS would be created for the rest of the life stages because they'd have to cater to yet another child type.

2. Color Wheel or CaST - I know we're not likely getting these, but people keep asking anyway. I think we generally get a good selection of swatches, so I like using them. I wouldn't mind a couple of new odd hair and eye colors altogether, but the general selection is pretty covered. I don't feel that nuances in color shades would make a huge difference, but I also use CC so I tend to get stuff elsewhere anyway.

3. Ocean Swimming - I know I'm going to get crucified for this, but I honestly don't need swimmable oceans. I really don't think I'd use it much, I don't even use pools that much - only when I download a house from the gallery that happens to have one. But I will say that maybe it's because there isn't much to do in pools, so they're boring. If we had floaty rafts and water games and slides and stuff I might change my mind, but I still think the novelty would wear off quickly for me. But if we were to get creepy mermaids with sharp teeth and a Lovecraftian flavor, or dangerous Sirens, I could quickly become enthusiastic for ocean swimming. I suppose it's all in how it's executed.

4. Cars - I also have no real desire for cars. I like to play a lot of occults, fantastical and historical era Sims, so cars just kind of mess things up in my environment.

5. Disabilities - I just don't think I'd use them. As I wrote above, I usually play fantastical Sims and very unrealistic games, but maybe I could find a place for a disability here and there in a historic-based household, but I feel like I'd be dreading the next game bug that messes something up badly, or hearing about a new controversy surrounding the game because somebody was using disabilities offensively in gameplay videos on Youtube... I just feel like it could end up being a fiasco.
    #Team Occult
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Also...body hair. Yucky. :D

But fur is perfectly okay. Like on a Werewolf.
    #Team Occult
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cars
    Tweens
    "Preschoolers"?
    Farms (Zzzz, boring!)
    CASt
    Laundry
    Tropical vacations
    Mental disabilities
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2019
    Pre-teens. I see them as a wasted space for a life stage and using up resources. Children and toddlers already get so little already along with teens, WHY divide it up even more? I just don't see them bringing anything to the table in the least other than extending the younger years for your sims children.

Supernatural EP- Felt like such a novelty pack that would only cater to some and not a majority. Vampires were done nicely for a gamepack and could see another occult possibly added in this same manner. But risking it all once again on a EP like that that was lack luster? No thanks.

Height Sliders- Dunno, if people actually know the work that has to go into this and it's been 5 years and tehre's been so many animations between sims from packs. It's just going to be a thing. Yeah, I've seen height sliders in certain games, but it hardly affects animations with other characters (hugging them, kissing them etc~) or has no purpose other than personal detail. Even with mods you can see why they aren't a thing.

Disabilities/Disorders- I can see why some folks would want them, but it seems like an awful lot of work to put in. Think the only disability I can see being implemented fairly easily with sims and would be good is sign language. I know a lot of us like to emulate the sims as close to life, but I'd just hate to have my sims suffering from disorders. I don't want a reminder of that nor need every little thing like that customized in the game.

Horses- I just don't get it other than personal preference and like for horses there's not much of any room to be riding around with them anywhere, especially with a lot of places being suburban areas. They only have a place on a farm for the most part. I don't need more animals wandering around in bridelton bay getting sick.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,942 Member
    I didn't mind fairies in Sims 3 as I liked the skill-enhancing abilities. In some ways the longer life span was ok, but it was just too long. Five times the length of a normal lifespan?? Two/three times longer would have been enough. I'd complete Lifetime Wishes with loads of lifetime left over, and you couldn't choose a new one like you can in Sims 4, so there was nothing else to aim for. So I wouldn't be particularly interested in another supernatural pack. I also have no interest in vampires or aliens or werewolves.
    Not interested in extra life stages either. What we have is fine.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Memories
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Cars, university... not saying I wouldn't do anything with them but it seems like the University is the next big request and I would basically rather take anything else. Cars themselves don't really seem pack-worthy to me although I'm slightly interested in a potential mechanic career or car building projects. Get Famous was something I didn't ask for either but it turned out fine afterall.

(I'm one of those horse-farm girls :p)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Nope, we need cars and #liberatedbabies. And vacations, yes please!

1. Anything supernatural. I HATE them. But if we get an EP I will buy it for the furniture, and other CAS items.
    2. Farming. But again, if we get a GP if the items are nice I will buy it on discount.
    3. Back to the Future or Into the Future type game play. Blech!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Story progression. That's something I never had in my game to begin with because I skipped TS3, but I also don't understand the appeal of it. More random things happening to my sims? Totally fine! But currently unplayed sims that I created randomly marrying, reproducing, changing jobs, or dying without me having any control over it? No way! I'm already annoyed at certain things we can't control as it is, such as all sims being addicted to computers regardless of traits, and story progression is just a more extreme version of this, so if it ever becomes a thing, I hope we'll be able to turn it off, because it would totally break the game for me.

University. Or rather... university as it was in TS2. It felt so unlike the university experience I had in real life, also because you had to move into a dorm rather than it being an option. I do like the idea of getting degrees that will make work life easier and/or bring about other benefits, but even then, it's just a "nice to have" kind of thing for me, not something I desperately want or need.

Improved babies. Especially if they're going to take development time away from other features. I once read a tweet from a guru stating that they consider revising elders, but babies are higher on the priority list, and I was like, what? This incredibly short life stage that isn't even that interesting in real life either is somehow more important than our elders?? They shouldn't be stuck to their cribs, I agree on that, but... what else could you really do with a baby?

Preteens. Just give me slightly shorter and younger-looking teens instead. Unlike many others, I cannot distinguish them from adults unless I click on them and see that the romantic interactions are missing.

Any occults that aren't witches. Then again, I wasn't terribly interested in vampires either until we got the TS4 version of them, so I guess I might still change my mind on this depending on the execution of any future occult ideas.

A fear emotion. This has come up a lot since the Jungle Adventures teaser showed a sim getting scared of a skeleton, but I don't see how it could add anything to the game that isn't already covered by the Tense emotion. I would appreciate a CAS setting to let sims have individual fears, just like pets have them, but again, it would be enough for me if those sims just became tense when faced with the thing they fear.

New radio stations. The number one thing people ask about whenever a new expansion is announced, but we already have so many of them, and they all do the same thing anyway (except you can't dance to some of the music). How about an option to create custom radio stations and put in our own music instead? That should satisfy everyone.

Body hair. Once upon a time I argued in favour of this, but when I think about it, I probably only did that because I couldn't understand why something so basic and natural wasn't in the game, rather than because I actually wanted it. Just like tattoos, I would probably apply it to four or five sims in my entire world, and then forget it even exists. I don't like body hair at all, I don't think it's sexy or even necessary anymore, and evolution should finally get rid of it.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Preteens. I already shorten the child and teen lifespan. It’d just be another age to plow through.

Enhanced babies. I mean, it wouldn’t be a bad thing, but I’m fine with how they are now and would rather see them make something else. Like ferrets. Give me the cat-snake fur babies so that I can live vicariously through my sims, please.

And I’m not super keen on cars? I don’t think I’d use them other than to add garages to my builds.