Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the Sims 5 if it came out in 2020?

Some of you are looking forward to the next series of the Sims and some of you are playing the Sims 4 and hoping that it will be complete before the Sims 5 is put out on the shelves.
There is a lot of speculation on when the Sims 5 will be announced and when it will come out but the consensus seems to point towards sometime in 2020.
I am curious if people will buy it when it comes out or hold back or forego it altogether and stick to Sims iteration that makes them happy.

Would you buy the Sims 5 if it came out in 2020? 311 votes

Heck yeah!
16%
laundry232000AllearsTheLibrarySimSusanaLeotefriendlysimmersANNETTE1951vivica86SusiechanJestTrualanmichael1catloverplayerakaniki0Lizzychicagomarcel21LustianiciaJennyggCheezirationhughugorangehippogriffdoogerie 51 votes
If the base game is great.
41%
auroraael14CK213Jderrick094catmom1987icmnfrshGRIMMYrudy8292JaiSeaIdontrcallGalacticGalIcewolfalexspoom13Cabelle1863storyyJessa_DakkaroveronMjstsmPkthompAlrynnIsb917 128 votes
When it goes on sale or the price is reduced.
12%
Kita5399AnmirlaPaigeisin5Bluellemlmeadowsashcrash19simmietimeRamblineRoseaero2491jude72plaEmmaVaneBeena0721frog2113KNPenx_Always_Heart_xWrwurdoedearCorenrenAgentJuliapiperplays 39 votes
No.
19%
IceyJaprilroseVibseWritin_RegAlainar415luthienrisingstilljustme2sekojranashazaam1akuheikomatsuMVWdeZTpixiejuiceCinders27kellzaCeCeDotGrandRailZeldaboy180JRBearannaliese397Lee17 62 votes
Heck No!
9%
LeGardePourpreSimmySimianPlayerSinger2010TnT_TerryMariefoxprice83SuniroseVuloridavina1221LittlBowBubfiercephoenix91GwinielRemy_GenevaByondTime89FlyingPotato659itskatylynnSteve StormLouise_G0325RetinaStormSAEldarinthatsnotsweg 31 votes

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2019
    No.
    Because I'm still waiting on content, and if it's not delivered the Sims 4 will be my first and last main title.
    Specifically:
    Sorcerers
    Werewolves
    University/Education
    More Adventure Packs (The Jungle is not my cup of tea, Try again)

I would like a Farming Pack, again to me a Italian/French Country side, maybe the Parisian or Roman skyline in the distance, would be my ideal, Somewhere I place my Sim's Chateau over looking the Farm, I would design a Grape and Strawberry vineyard, then have a big Apple, Lemon and maybe a Pear Orchard. Would love to have a winery and brewery, and Craft, Name, Age, and Sell my wine and beer to various Stores and Restaurants. I want to build a Cellar to store my wine too.
    I would love to have real Bulls/Cows, Hogs/Pigs, Roosters/Hens roaming around as pets mainly.
    Have Harvest Festivals. Grow and Design my own Corn/Wheat Mazes.

Sims 5 can be announced in like 2023, or 2025.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I dunno? I usually don't make the decision whether or not to buy something before I even know anything about it
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Maybe? The base game has to be AMAZING, have lively Sims with good AI, has really well-done toddlers (like Sims 4 toddlers), is OPTIMiZED and well-coded, has open restaurants and bussiness, very populated lots, and is good for a rotational playstyle.

If it has fully open world, then I will not get it until I see it can be optimized for many users, has populated lots at all times (no ghost lots!), has open businesses lots, has charming Sims with lots of interactions and good AI (Sims 2) and has details, like Sims 2.

I did not really love Sims 3 all that much, so it HAS to be a big, big, BIG improvement on that game to get me.

Sims 1, 2, and 4 are the Sims games I’ve enjoyed, but Sims 2 is the GOLD standard.

Sims 5 has to be an improved Sims 2 for me to buy it, basically.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    There would have to be a lot of things I want for it to be something I'd buy, at this point. So I picked if the base game were great. To be honest, if I had not had the instability problems and long loading times with Sims 3 I'd probably have stuck with that, but Sims 4 is very stable in comparison and has short loading times. If it were a good mix of open/closed world (maybe open neighborhoods, but with larger worlds than Sims 4 though smaller than Sims 3), some choices of CAST (maybe not a full spectrum of any color but at least some basic color choices on a palette or something - 16-32 standard colors would be fine and then whatever they wanted to throw in as well) and prefer some dogs/cats and basic weather in the game because with Sims 5 it would be time to get those from the start, I would get it. Even without dogs and cats and weather I'd still get it, but on sale. I need some sort of world openness and color customizing though, otherwise it's going to seem like too much of a repeat of Sims 4.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Heck No!
    Nope. I'm not done with TS4 yet.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2019
    If there actually are IMPROVEMENTS from TS4 and not steps back, like a color wheel and some sort of open world, I'd buy it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm not making the same mistake I did with TS4. Sure, it's in better shape now, but it never should've been released in the state it was in. Even a half year delay would've done wonders, and I'm pretty sure TS2 and TS3 were delayed too.

I guess I gave EA too much benefit of the doubt. I bought it knowing that two features important to me (toddlers and pools) were absent, thinking maybe the rest of the game makes up for it. It doesn't, and there were a lot of other missing features.

I'll wait for reviews this time.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I picked this because I still have a lot of sims 4 to explore. I was off 2 years saving for a good computer, so I still have a lot of catch up. But if the sims 5 was not rushed and had some great features like:

CAST...the feature I miss most is not being able to change patterns and colors on furniture. If they started with CAST that they updated with packs I would be thrilled.

Real babies.... no babies being tied to an object.

Children that could play with each other, without objects (tag, etc.).

An open neighborhood would be nice, but not necessarily essential.

I want a game like in the past game where you bought clothes and put them in the drawers. It was more realistic to me. They could have hat boxes for hats, dessers for clothes, closets for outdoor wear, shoe boxes for shoes, jewelry boxes for jewelry, makeup table or just a tray of makeup for makeup, or if you went to a wardrobe, dresser or mirror you could choose from the pieces in all caregories which you have already bought. I don’t like outfits already put together, for me it’s not realistic. They should include a category for put together outfits for when your sim is not being played And might show up in town, at parties, etc., (or in case you want an instant put together outfit) and so you could change townies, the feature to change townies outfits was a good one.

I think they should include retail business from the beginning and expand on it in packs.

I would like to see combined lots like retail and home lot, or restaurant and retail. Or park and retail, or lounge and retail. It would great to make a mall. Of course an open neighborhood would work pretty much the same..

Also food stalls should be open (at least during certain hours) when you place them on lots, or at least be given that opportunity, instead of having to pay to open them.

A family tree, pools, many skills, and several careers (I love active ones) please show us you are going to give us active ones from the beginning.

And of course the sim being able to do more than one thing at once (like watch tv and eat) should be brought back.

I don’t like rabbit hole (shell) buildings. If I can go to a lot, I want to be able to see what is inside ( like the hospital in sims 4).

If these things along with good AI are there in the beginning I am sure I would jump at the chance to buy it right away.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    No.
    The Sims 4 still has a lot more great content that can be added (chemistry/turn ons&offs, wants and fears, fixed babies, more elder content, funerals, university, witches & other supernaturals, oceans, hotels, farms, cars, and sooo much more), I really don't think it's time to move on. I'd be extremely disappointed and if TS4 wasn't finished, I wouldn't count on TS5 to be. That said, I can't wait to see what's in store for TS4 this year!
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Heck No!
    No because I love the sims 4 and I'm happy to keep playing it.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The base game will have to remind me of the way the base game of Sims 2 functioned in order for me to even consider Sims 5. I was not impressed with Sims 3 or 4 and have been focused on Sims 2.
  • 7Lee177Lee17 Posts: 5 New Member
    No.
    I feel that Sims 4 still has a long way to go and adding a Sims 5 just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Heck yeah!
    yes I will even if I still like the sims4 I would buy the sims5 since I would went the whole series
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    No idea...depends on what the game contains and is. I don't buy any game without actually seeing some gameplay videos and feature set.

How could you make this poll without having at least one vote option that is along the lines of "It depends on the game itself" or some such? I have to believe most of us would make a decision only after the game was actually made and we had at least some idea of what was in the base game, what wasn't, exactly what type of game it was, etc.

"if the base game is great" doesn't really account for the possibility that it IS great, but it is online-only, for example. I would not buy it in that case, regardless of how great it was.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Heck No!
    I would first see what the pack has to offer. If it is amazingly good. then yea. but honestly that wont be the case.
    I will prop wait anyways for more content to drop. I dont want sims 4 to end...it gets better and better... I dont want a sims 5 because it will prob be such a down grade.

I think they will suprise us with sims 5 in a negative way. sry im a pessimist when it comes to that. Missing life stages like toddler and this time maybe even elders. No open world. Less outfits- unfinished graphics, bugs, less carriers. no pools , no deaths because its too hard and they want to apeal to young players now. etc.

Thats my expectation of sims 5. Yea maaaaybe im exagerating. but I hated sims 4 when it came out (sims 2 and 3 were so good, even at launch for me) but sims 4 was just UHGW.
    After they gave us the toddler update the game greatly improved for me. and eventho it has no open world Im enjoying many features.
    I dont want sims 5 because i expect it to be really bad, perhaps not as bad as i described it, but still bad....and I dont want to wait 2 years until they polished everything

So in conclusion I would rather wait longer until sims 5 comes which might be 2021/22 (and even longer) instead of having it now with less features.
    I mean ofcourse longer wait is not the only criteria for a game to be good, but you get what i mean with: they shall take their time to make it shine
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    If the base game is great maybe, if it lacks any real content, I'm not so sure.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    No.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    No idea...depends on what the game contains and is. I don't buy any game without actually seeing some gameplay videos and feature set.

How could you make this poll without having at least one vote option that is along the lines of "It depends on the game itself" or some such? I have to believe most of us would make a decision only after the game was actually made and we had at least some idea of what was in the base game, what wasn't, exactly what type of game it was, etc.

"if the base game is great" doesn't really account for the possibility that it IS great, but it is online-only, for example. I would not buy it in that case, regardless of how great it was.

I did not think of that option of them taking the game design and making it online or even VR only. That is definitely an interesting point.
    As it is now, the game has been single player only so I was just thinking in terms of that type of gaming style.
    Thanks for your input :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Heck yeah!
    I'm going to say "Heck Yeah" as long as all the life stages and cars are there otherwise it would be "When it goes on sale or the price is reduced."
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Only if the base game is decent. If it is another TS4 or even less then I won't be interested
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm not making the same mistake I did with TS4. Sure, it's in better shape now, but it never should've been released in the state it was in. Even a half year delay would've done wonders, and I'm pretty sure TS2 and TS3 were delayed too.

I guess I gave EA too much benefit of the doubt. I bought it knowing that two features important to me (toddlers and pools) were absent, thinking maybe the rest of the game makes up for it. It doesn't, and there were a lot of other missing features.

I'll wait for reviews this time.

That's exactly how I feel - I pre-ordered Sims 2, 3 and 4. If they release Sims 5 (and it won't be 2020), there will be no new content for Sims 4, so I'd be tempted, but Sims 4 was so awful on release that I didn't play it for three years. Personally, I rather have the three more years of content for Sims 4 that they've promised. We only just got Seasons, and there are still many expansions we're missing. I don't want to start over with another base game yet.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited January 2019
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I totally understand your point, but to me the base game would not be great if it were online-only...so I wouldn't buy it in that case. I think it just depends on what we as individuals consider great.

I'd definitely give it a chance if I thought I would like it (and I would not like it if it were online only or multiplayer). If I did not like the basegame after purchase and felt it could not offer what I wanted, I would not buy expansions for it.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Maybe...
    wyJaeT5.jpg

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    No.
    There's still so much I haven't done in Sims 4 that I want to do. If a new base game came out in the next 2 years, I wouldn't be its market till its years into new packs. Plus I'd bear some resentment against EA for dropping Sims 4 early, when there's no technical or creative need to do so and when they well know that the trend is toward building games over longer times.

Sims 4 is going on 4 and a half years. We've been told they have at least 3 years of content currently planned, which would take it to 2022. I see no reason at the moment to think it won't keep going beyond that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @luthienrising, Totally agree. Also, personally I'm a fan of that model. I'd much rather pay for new "stuff" for an existing game that I like, then pay for a new version that makes the old one obsolete.
    I know not everyone agrees with that concept, but I actually prefer it, means I keep getting more enjoyment out of a game I already own rather than having to 'start over' every few years. My only concern is that developers need to make sure the base game itself is already a complete game and not hold back stuff JUST to charge us money for them in future packs.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods