Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    omg @Bugsie2016 ! How am I supposed to remember who was Chris third uncle's second cousins dog?? :joy:
    your questions area little bit too hard.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited January 2019
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    okay those quizzes are fun, but eh... I thought I'd score more than 6/9 here :joy:
    I admit I was tempted to chose TP...

I should have thrown you all off and set the true answer to TP...
    That would be insidious!

OMG! Bugsie! Your quizes are tricky. I failed again! 4/6 correct answers and I cheated and had the family tree opened. :D
    Why don't you start a Heffner Wiki, right away? I would use it, because I clearly have patchy knowledge of my own story and characters or can't count properly. :joy:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    omg @Bugsie2016 ! How am I supposed to remember who was Chris third uncle's second cousins dog?? :joy:
    your questions area little bit too hard.
    Thats the point. Throw a few hard ones in there to see if you've checked out the family tree at any point.
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    okay those quizzes are fun, but eh... I thought I'd score more than 6/9 here :joy:
    I admit I was tempted to chose TP...

I should have thrown you all off and set the true answer to TP...
    That would be insidious!

OMG! Bugsie! Your quizes are tricky. I failed again! 4/6 correct answers and I cheated and had the family tree opened. :D
    Why don't you start a Heffner Wiki, right away? I would use it, because I clearly have patchy knowledge of my own story and characters or can't count properly. :joy:

These quizzes take less time than an entire wiki so going to pass up that suggestion.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    *sings* It's going down down down with those quizzes
    At least 3/6 means I would still have passed if it was a test at uni B)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    okay now as I promised... more detailed comment! xD

-I feel so sorry for Celeste. It's clear she feels confused, and needs a place where she feels that she belongs. It's sad that noone ever took the time to tell her about her dad truly was. But maybe it's better like this. Her wishing to think of her dead parents as angels watching over her, but at the same time dismissing the thought captures her disillusion of life so perfectly.
    -Celeste mentioning Kellie trying so hard to be a "true" Heffner makes me wonder if the fact that she was adopted let her or other people think that she doesn't belong there.
    -I had to laugh a lot while reading Celeste's descriptions of her brother. In a way I feel sorry for her, but still it's funny xD
    -While Chris drives Celeste to school, I was wondering when he stopped blasting music in his car. If I remember correctly, he used to drive with music before, as a teen? Also I think I can understand why he still keeps the car, but I cannot really explain it either.
    -I absolutely adore your screenshots in front of the school, and then later the girls on the monkey bars. I love all of your screenshots, but these are especially beautiful! Oh, and let's not forget the tooth brushing <3
    -the bullying scene was written so well. It looked so realistic. All of the girls feel like real teenagers.
    -Andre is so adorable. Especially when he trips I admit I had to laugh, you know why! :D please give us more dorky nerd. most nerds are just jackasses pretending to be nice bc they're shy, but this one seems really nice. Btw does he have braces? :love:

ok, so that's my two cents. I bet I forgot again something. :smiley:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Celeste is a very interesting character. I thought she liked Jordan more than a friend ;)

You're not alone here.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited January 2019
    okay now as I promised... more detailed comment! xD

-I feel so sorry for Celeste. It's clear she feels confused, and needs a place where she feels that she belongs. It's sad that noone ever took the time to tell her about her dad truly was. But maybe it's better like this. Her wishing to think of her dead parents as angels watching over her, but at the same time dismissing the thought captures her disillusion of life so perfectly.
    -Celeste mentioning Kellie trying so hard to be a "true" Heffner makes me wonder if the fact that she was adopted let her or other people think that she doesn't belong there.
    -I had to laugh a lot while reading Celeste's descriptions of her brother. In a way I feel sorry for her, but still it's funny xD
    -While Chris drives Celeste to school, I was wondering when he stopped blasting music in his car. If I remember correctly, he used to drive with music before, as a teen? Also I think I can understand why he still keeps the car, but I cannot really explain it either.
    -I absolutely adore your screenshots in front of the school, and then later the girls on the monkey bars. I love all of your screenshots, but these are especially beautiful! Oh, and let's not forget the tooth brushing <3
    -the bullying scene was written so well. It looked so realistic. All of the girls feel like real teenagers.
    -Andre is so adorable. Especially when he trips I admit I had to laugh, you know why! :D please give us more dorky nerd. most nerds are just jackasses pretending to be nice bc they're shy, but this one seems really nice. Btw does he have braces? :love:

ok, so that's my two cents. I bet I forgot again something. :smiley:

- the only person having problems with Kellie being adopted has been Kellie :)
    - the credit for inventing 'Chrissy fit' and 'Mother Christina' goes to @WagonFruit I'm afraid my English is not sufficient to allow me come up with something so funny and fitting like that. Turnip head was my only poor attempt on funny nicknames for Celeste's 'beloved' brother.
    - the answer is pretty simple: after his mom died it didn't feel right to him to blast music in his car and he got used to the silence. Add to that the fact he's a cop now and slavishly following all rules as the good cop he think he is. :smirk:
    - let's not talk about what it took to take those group shot in front of the school, shall we? :D As for the girls on the monkey bars, I had the vision from the start of them hanging out in the park and on the monkey bars. We used to do that too as teens, sitting on a merry-go-round and chat. Adults usually forced us to get off it was for small children not us. And ofc. we would return after a while.
    You liked the toothbrushing. Just say the word and I will send you more of those from different angles. :D
    - I don't particularly enjoy writing bullying scenes. I wasn't super confident about it either. But I know that "You're in our country now, act accordingly" is something people tend to say and think quite often.
    - Andre seems to be a mix of several people, me included. I totally channeled my inner geek there. :D But when you write one, you have to go all the way. Some of my friends are exactly like Andre. He does have bracers! I though it was a nice touch, although they are not very visible in the picture.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Celeste is a very interesting character. I thought she liked Jordan more than a friend ;)

You're not alone here.
    Do I see a #Joleste ship being built here? :p
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Ah a new chapter! I love it so much and I love what you did with my sim. It is so cool! <3 Chris seems from this perspective like a real a..
    Marialein wrote: »
    Ah a new chapter! I love it so much and I love what you did with my sim. It is so cool! <3 Chris seems from this perspective like a real a..
    I'm happy you liked what I did with Jordan. We'll be seeing more of her in the future chapters. As for Chris, I can only add this: :smirk:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    I thought it would be a shame not to share these pics with all of you who don't frequent Tumblr. Enjoy!

tumblr_pl0vssLYcy1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pl0wmvCWCZ1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pl0zjtP7dJ1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pl0xi9Lf6x1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 too bad i cannot give you 4 likes here, for each one.
    one awesome will have to do c: <3
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @Maladi777 Who is the pretty gal on the left?
    haswh wrote: »
    She's a character that hasn't been introduced yet. She's waiting for the right time, although her arrival will mean sad news, so you don't want to meet her yet.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    haswh wrote: »
    She's a character that hasn't been introduced yet. She's waiting for the right time, although her arrival will mean sad news, so you don't want to meet her yet.

She's beautiful! <3 I'm not looking forward to the sad news though.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Ohhh....no sad news. But I love the photo shoot! <3
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Late but as promised, here my thoughts on the chapter:

I like how much Celeste focuses on her dad. We know he wasn't only the sweet and talented person she sees in him, but even if someone would have told her that (I take it that they didn't), she wouldn't believe them. She can't. That's the last straw to cling to for her, the last person in whose "presence" she can still breathe. Chris, Kellie, Beryl, they all have a tragic story that people focus on and maybe Celeste had peoples' sympathy as a baby when she lost her parents but that's long past.
    Also, it is interesting that she can critizise Kellie's striving to be part of the family while still seeing her as such. That's something a child wouldn't be able to, Celeste has certainly grown up! :smiley:
    When Andre appeared first, I immediately knew I know the person who made him but for some reason, Trip wouldn't enter my mind until it was stated in the footnotes. And Jordan first looked like she was pammie's, but then it was clear...
    Man that girl Jordan has some wits! However, personally, I would have reconsidered being friendly to a person who does such things like the picture to her own brother. It was obvious they're not on good terms, but still. There's a possibility, too that this backfires on Celeste. Being sister of a guy of whom such pictures circulate may not be so nice.
    (Rereading to comment also made me look at the pictures again)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Late but as promised, here my thoughts on the chapter:

I like how much Celeste focuses on her dad. We know he wasn't only the sweet and talented person she sees in him, but even if someone would have told her that (I take it that they didn't), she wouldn't believe them. She can't. That's the last straw to cling to for her, the last person in whose "presence" she can still breathe. Chris, Kellie, Beryl, they all have a tragic story that people focus on and maybe Celeste had peoples' sympathy as a baby when she lost her parents but that's long past.
    Also, it is interesting that she can critizise Kellie's striving to be part of the family while still seeing her as such. That's something a child wouldn't be able to, Celeste has certainly grown up! :smiley:
    When Andre appeared first, I immediately knew I know the person who made him but for some reason, Trip wouldn't enter my mind until it was stated in the footnotes. And Jordan first looked like she was pammie's, but then it was clear...
    Man that girl Jordan has some wits! However, personally, I would have reconsidered being friendly to a person who does such things like the picture to her own brother. It was obvious they're not on good terms, but still. There's a possibility, too that this backfires on Celeste. Being sister of a guy of whom such pictures circulate may not be so nice.
    (Rereading to comment also made me look at the pictures again)

I somehow thought I replied to this, but I didn't! I'm sorry! I guess that only happened in my head.
    Yes, Celeste identifies herself with her dad more than anyone else. The way she sees it, Chris is momma's boy. Both Beryl and Chris enjoy great popularity with the Newcrest folk. No one speaks of her dad or her. Not that she actually craved the attention of media. At least not for herself.
    Jordan is intrigued by Celeste and her family. She comes from a country where ancestors are held in great regard and a legacy family resembles that most. She also loves to have fun and she kind of appreciated the sentiment behind what Celeste did with her brother's photo. She will have some crazy ideas of her own in the future as well, so don't worry.
    Glad you liked the pictures. I always try my best. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    I started a character page and I keep updating it continuously. You can check it out once in a while and refresh your memory on who is who while waiting for the next chapter update.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Dropping more eye candy here and a reminder to check the new character page if you haven't yet. More characters were added since last time.

tumblr_pma3rjQx1H1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pma1f5CmE31v6rdbso2_1280.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
    You are such a tease since we know that will never happen! Grrrrr..... :o
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    I never said that. :smirk: Something will happen. If it is what you hope for remains to be seen.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    I never said that. :smirk: Something will happen. If it is what you hope for remains to be seen.
    Ohhhh - you are evil! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
    edited February 2019
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    Ohhhh - you are evil! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Looks like I'm evil no matter what I do! :D:D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    It's more fun that way! :joy: