Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What instrument should my sim play?

I plan on having a band at some point made with my own sims because I know that you can do that in The Sims 3. There are 4 instruments in Sims 3 that I can choose from. Those would be guitar, piano, bass, and drums.

Sonaflux Guitar(Probably the guitar I would go for if I want one of my sims to play the guitar)

latest?cb=20091226125550

Piano

latest?cb=20101104034832

Bass

latest?cb=20101221200601

Drums

latest?cb=20101221203250

What instrument should my sim play? 24 votes

Guitar
16%
MikezumiJoAnne65cwaddellTreyNutz 4 votes
Piano
58%
HejixemorrilljillbgGabbyGirlJCravenLestatjordandRedShoe7SummerRoxyNikkei_SimmerpuzzlezaddictchxnelLilypink79whimreaperCheetahAlyssa 14 votes
Bass
8%
Destin2016Linamints 2 votes
Drums
16%
bekkasanthuggishsplicerYuriTheCreatorComputerglitch8 4 votes

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I think it depends on your sim’s personality and current skill levels. Care to share them?
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    If he is the rocker type I would go with the guitar (you can alter to electronic guitar).
    If he is the classic type I would go with the piano.
    If he is the hipster type I would go with the bass.
    And if he has no sense of music but still wants to be a musician I would go with the drums. :lol:

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2019
    Guitar
    I voted guitar because for some reason that’s the only musical instrument that will help your sim build their musical skills. You can always switch to another instrument once you’ve developed that to the level you want. If you don’t care for that skill this of course doesn’t have to be an ingredient in your consideration.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Guitar
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I voted guitar because for some reason that’s the only musical instrument that will help your sim build their musical skills. You can always switch to another instrument once you’ve developed that to the level you want. If you don’t care for that skill this of course doesn’t have to be an ingredient in your consideration.

What musical skills? In my game each instrument has it's own skill and they all develop independently. IIRC the Music career has it's own music skill requirement but not specifically guitar. Guitar may be the only one that satisfies it though. I don't know, all of my sims who go into the Music career master guitar for some reason.

I voted for guitar only because there are a bunch of different guitars to choose from depending on the EPs, SPs, and Store content you have. That makes it a bit easier to customize the instrument to your sim. OTOH playing guitar requires a lot of space for some reason, whereas the bass doesn't seem to.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    And once again we have a poll where my choice is not listed for me to vote for and there is no "Other" selection. There is no love for the xylophone here? :'(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    All of the above! I think that even corresponds with a lifetime wish, should you wish to go that route.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Piano
    Because piano is so classy, and personally I can't resist a man playing the piano. But then again it's all about a sim, so go ahead and why not learn them all? :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Guitar
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

What musical skills? In my game each instrument has it's own skill and they all develop independently. IIRC the Music career has it's own music skill requirement but not specifically guitar. Guitar may be the only one that satisfies it though. I don't know, all of my sims who go into the Music career master guitar for some reason.

I voted for guitar only because there are a bunch of different guitars to choose from depending on the EPs, SPs, and Store content you have. That makes it a bit easier to customize the instrument to your sim. OTOH playing guitar requires a lot of space for some reason, whereas the bass doesn't seem to.
    Oh, yes, you’re right, I’m confusing things. It’s in that career that your sim needs to play the guitar to level up. I played a guy once who in my mind rather was a piano man, made him choose the symphonic brand. I was obliged to make him play the guitar though were it came to promoting in his career. Once he’d reached the highest level I could start focusing on the piano for him.

This however has nothing to do with playing in a band, so my argument to choose the guitar in this poll is invalid :disappointed:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Drums
    Hey, where is the love for drummers! I just love watching my sims play the drums.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Piano
    Piano. For the same reason @jillbg stated. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Piano
    Anything but guitar. I hate sims 3 guitar songs. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Piano
    I'm a pianist, so that gets my vote. :blush:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Piano
    Since I'm a former pianist...
    bafu2_1.gif
    (Thanks, Mr. Parker...(my piano teacher (for Grade 10 RCM) when I was a snot-nosed teenager (a long time ago)))
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    I'll pick piano every time.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Depends on all directions
    For example I created a four people metal band, the oldest, with heaviest makeup is guitarist(because guitarist usually stand in the front), two witch/wizard(attribute humans<the others are werewolf and vampire> and have most normal appearance) is bassist and drummer(because the two instrument usually stand/sit behind), the wizard is drummer because he has more sense of presence(he has inappropriate, socially awkward, daredevil traits, it make him sometime set fire and mean to other autonomously, has worst relationship with other in four people, it make me often pay attention to him). So the remaining one is pianist, and he's dressing is most classical(gothic).
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns