Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @igazor Would that happen to be a certain NRaas mod that encourages inactive households to take the subway more because I need that. :mrgreen:

You crack me up! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    @emorrill - This can be done with a standalone mod, but I prefer the Retuner way because it makes things more flexible. In other worlds that are less urban-centered or a totally different size, I may want to encourage subway usage but not insist upon it. In worlds where I've used subways only in a couple of distinct places, like with island hopping on an island-based world, Bridgeport's settings forcing them into subways that won't take them where they want to go would make no sense.

I'll direct you to a Wayback Machine page for the two settings because the equivalent one on our new site isn't complete yet (and I can't seem to edit it today).
    https://web.archive.org/web/20180124071611/http://nraas.wikispaces.com:80/Which+Mod+FAQ#Subways
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @igazor I'm not concerned.
    Really, Irene. So everyone who invested their life's savings in gems that suddenly have little to no value would be broke, unable to afford their property tax bills, and will have to move into trailers and vacant lots where their needs will not be met so their job performance will suffer. Their kids will also suffer on school performance and won't go to or do well at Uni, so they will be stuck as under-performers in low paying jobs with no future as well. Or they will all move out of town. And the ones left behind, too stubborn to move away, will be the dating and breeding pool for your sims, the ones who cashed out early and the only ones to have benefited from this entire scenario.

Economic dystopia, I tell you. You guys do whatever you want, I'm not having this in my game. In fact, this weekend my sims will be building underground bunkers, stocking up on bottled water, decontamination tablets (I'm starting to sound like @Nikkei_Simmer now), putting extra high security locks on the doors and gates to prepare for the inevitable. And to think these greedy "Well, I got mine!" sims could have spent all that time and energy doing something nice instead, like tutoring the neighborhood kids or raising puppies.

Happy Holidays. :/

Nah, not going to happen. Rumor has it that it's all being bought up by the government for use in some top secret, very advanced technology. They need all they can get. So by finding it and selling it, our sims are doing a great service for their country.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @IreneSwift @igazor, It appears as if tiberium is a fissile material.
    https://youtu.be/F9u-MaNNDnU
    It can do some pretty horrific things. So understandably...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited December 2018
    Most of the gemstones in Sims 3 have real world equivalents. :D With the exception of tiberium. :D

Septarian Nodules
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Did you know that if you place a relic register from World Adventures on a community lot in your home town they won't sell any actual relics but they will sell raw ore if it's available? Since I also have Ambitions installed, I feel it doesn't break the logic of the game to have a vendor selling ore at the junk yard and will typically build a small shop there.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Satanu_Reeves That's actually a really neat idea, and I may or may not be stealing borrowing it for future use.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I did not know that an alien sim can transmute an uncut tiberium into an uncut diamond! :'(
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    I didn't know you could have TWO Festival Lots in ONE town! :open_mouth:

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I didn't know you could have TWO Festival Lots in ONE town! :open_mouth:

:p

Even further, you can place the seasonal marker on any commercial lot. So the whole town can change season by season, though that may cause quite a bit of performance drag.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    Something I've literally just noticed is that when a sim prepares a meal and gets the ingredients out the fridge, they sometimes kick the fridge door closed, instead of using their hand to push it closed. Cute animation/ attention to detail
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2019
    Did you know if you wanted to get to know the mixologist you can use the trivia challenge then properly greet and talk to them? Or once you use any of the mixologist type socials such as discuss philosophy you can text them to break the manage bar interaction so your Sim can interact with them like other Sims.

Edit: While you can become romantic interests with a mixologist you cannot propose going steady and you cannot ask them to move in for obvious reasons. However, if you type in testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on any Sim you should see an 'Add Sim to Household' option available. Otherwise, NRass MC Add Sim to Household should work too as long as add Sim on community lots is set to true. The game should automatically spawn a new mixologist.
    Screenshot-4686.jpg

Did you know that cats, I guess dogs too, can eat from plates? Though, that will increase the piggy trait.
    Screenshot-4287.jpg
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited January 2019
    I did not know that alien sims cannot transmute large tiberium spires. I'll have to try the small spires, or maybe the gem dust. edit: no, neither.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
    I didn't know that aliens could abduct plumbots. It makes for some funny screenshots:
    Screenshot-893.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    FabBunny wrote: »
    I didn't know that aliens could abduct plumbots. It makes for some funny screenshots:
    Screenshot-893.jpg

@FabBunny, yeah I had a plumbot that my SS had just created and came out of the machine just seconds before getting abducted... :D
    edited January 2019
    Did you know that if you utilize real-world $/g conversions on your Sims 3 gemstones/precious metals/meteorites...you'll turn your finances inside out in the game? Really fun opening up Excel at the same time as I play Sims 3.
    Haruo_River_StatementofAssetsandLiabilities.jpg
    Didn't know that Lunar meteors cost in real world $50,300/g - yeah, that's going to eliminate the §99,999,999 upper cap on savings real dam quick. :mrgreen:

...and that's not including my gemdust and the boat-load of gemstones in the cutter/smelter that I have waiting to be cut. :mrgreen: (Yeah, you read that correctly 12 bloodstones).
    Gemstonestocut.jpg
    Sally's such a good dog. :D
    Screenshot-104.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    I may be wrong on this, but any of the World Adventures Treasure Chests - any contents that you place inside said chests do not count towards the property value of your home and thus are not taxed when it comes time to assess your biweekly tax payments.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I'm not sure that helping sims and their players cheat on their taxes is a service this forum should be striving to provide. All of the other hardworking and honest citizens then have their burdens increased accordingly in order to cover the missing revenue.

I am hereby reporting all further such tips to the Royal Mounted Tax Collectors Squad Squeal Line (am just guessing this is the Canadian version of what we call the Internal Revenue Service), so be warned. >:):p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2019
    I may be wrong on this, but any of the World Adventures Treasure Chests - any contents that you place inside said chests do not count towards the property value of your home and thus are not taxed when it comes time to assess your biweekly tax payments.

You are correct. Anything in any inventory of any kind, including the household inventory, does not count toward the value of the furnished house and lot. That also means nectar and alchemy cabinets, and the refrigerator, where my own household probably has at least 100,000 simoleons worth of perfect produce of every type available in the game. Only the items out in the open count.

I just had my sim take all of the analyzed space rocks, common relics, and duplicate collectible relics out of the cabinet where they keep items waiting to be sold. She sold them at the elixir and consignment shops, and to the relic merchant at the local nectary, along with her latest sculpture, two heart cut soulpeace gems, one heart cut luminorious gem, and 1 bar of mummitomium she cut and smelted at home. When all the money came in, her family's net worth had increased by more than $100,000, even though she had all those things all along.

Her bills are still very high though, as all of her 214 photographs, worth more than one million simoleons, are displayed on the walls of her house, mostly in the basement. So don't worry, @igazor, she's paying more taxes than anyone else in her town, probably more than all the other rich people put together.
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    Moneybags are another item which do not count when stored in an inventory or chest. The vanilla moneybag devalues over time when harvested from a money tree however Ani created a Buyable Moneybag to make it easier to transfer funds between sims that does not devalue.

It is hosted on the NRass website: Buyable Moneybag :po:)
    edited January 2019
    Moneybags are another item which do not count when stored in an inventory or chest. The vanilla moneybag devalues over time when harvested from a money tree however Ani created a Buyable Moneybag to make it easier to transfer funds between sims that does not devalue.

It is hosted on the NRass website: Buyable Moneybag :po:)
    In order to be consistent though, Moneybags shouldn't be taxed. They are indeed objects, but they have no use in and of themselves. Sims are taxed on the property they own, not the cash they carry around. The Moneybags are like bonds or deposit certificates except they do not earn interest. And for those of us who play with NRaas StoryProgression's Money module Income Tax, the sims probably already paid a form of tax on that money when they earned it (the harvestable bags from Money Trees if not cashed in should be different, but many of us regard those as silly anyway).

Attempts to deflect and divert attention from tax evasion noted. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Did you know with Seasons installed, plants gets watered by the rain?
    https://youtu.be/wwjQT4rY4_s

Did you know that cats, I guess dogs too, can drink rain water which fills hunger and play in it? Also, cats can drink from ponds and catch fish. So while dogs can hunt for rocks and gems, cats can hunt for minor pets and catch fish.
    Screenshot-4760.jpg
    Screenshot-4765.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    Taking down CC Christmas decorations on one's Sim-house...is just as laborious and painful as taking the real ones down off your real house. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Taking down CC Christmas decorations on one's Sim-house...is just as laborious and painful as taking the real ones down off your real house. :(
    Haha that is certainly true!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top