Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of sim overlord are you?

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

What kind of sim overlord are you? 71 votes

Benevolent
46%
Evalencarlystur03jaletu2005foxlorddst193ApparentlyAwesomeMikezumiemorrillcwaddellSimplyJenAlexaKryspankenstein89becomingjennIreneSwiftBettyboop55Pyramoreannaliese39TreyNutzthuggishsplicerjordand 33 votes
Neutral
28%
HejixaprilroseStormkeepAmphoraParyGabbyGirlJLunBeautyluxsylvanJamofjarsDestin2016EricasFreePlaytretheraTinySpaceFoxGoulsquashmikaSunnyyesjamsButtersimsSummerRoxylazyjuniperEliGrangerSimmer 20 votes
Evil
8%
Emily4331JennyggSigzy05Nikkei_SimmerCheetahAlyssaMakaylaisdope665 6 votes
Other
16%
AnmirlaJoAnne65jillbgCravenLestatbekkasanSindocatTadOlsonMoonandStars83comicsforlifeAmandèleTropicanaCatBubben1177 12 votes

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Neutral
    Destiny and chance decide the faith of my sims. I let them age and die. I won't kill them for fun, but I won't save them from their own mistakes, especially if it makes up for good storytelling. I do, however, feel all happy when their life goes well and sad when bad luck strikes them. Overall, I try to be fair.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Benevolent
    I let my sims age and die but their lives are blessed with perfect partners and children who behave. I try to meet most of their wishes, food is nearly always of perfect quality and positive moodlets are the order of the day ;) Townies are also "perfect" so drama and conflict are extremely rare.
    This isn't realistic at all but I don't play for realism. My only interest is in genetics and happy families :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Other
    Other

A beautiful genetics Utopia Overlord where everybody has beautiful babies.The town was once a empty wasteland and tourism was at a all time low causing jobs to pack up and leave.Then one day a new myserious Mayor was hired and around that same time there were strange mysterious disappearances of the locals and after banks closing on their homes new townies took their places.Word spread to surrounding Counties about the "Land of Beautiful People" and sims from everywhere flocked to see the strange phenomenon.The schools were all filled with fashion forward pageant ready teens the soccer moms seemed to be replaced with swimwear models.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Benevolent
    Qualified benevolent :) I like to be in control but am happy to accommodate my sims wishes where I can. My sims do have high free will because I don't want sims just standing around awaiting instruction. Obviously this can cause conflict between my wishes and theirs with it occasionally making me reconsider the way I want the story to unfold. Not with major things like life partners and careers. Letting sims choose those for themselves in a receipe for disaster in my experience. So I once designed a houseboat with bright orange kitchen walls, my sim hated it but it was a case of tough luck because I liked it very much :D:D

One thing I can't understand and don't have within my game is cruelty to sims. I have lost one or two sims due to accidents but have never deliberately harmed a sim. Perhaps it is because I do grow rather attached to my families. I am also a real fan of happy endings :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Neutral
    Neutral, but with a benevolent leaning. I don't interfere with random chance no matter how miserable it makes my sims, but I generally guide them along a path that keeps them very happy and satisfied. All the trappings of being benevolent, short of interfering with random bad-stuff. Have to admit I rather enjoy when any random things happen, which is the main reason I felt I needed to make my vote "neutral".
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2019
    Evil
    I tend to lean towards "Evil". Why?

Electrocuting sims.
    Screenshot-112.jpg
    Fun with det packs
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Dropping meteors on unsuspecting sims
    Screenshot-113.jpg
    Screenshot-81.jpg
    Roasting sims
    Screenshot-15.jpg

oh...and every so often, I nuke Sunset Valley. (No...that's not a euphemism)
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

It's Christmas at ground zero
    The button has been pressed
    The radio just let us know
    That this is not a test
    ~ Weird Al Yankovic :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think "evil" covers it.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Other
    I am the Watcher... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Other
    I love to manage my entire town and even play rotationally like it's an open world Sims 2 game starting with empty towns and slowly building them from the gound up over time.I do sometime see a need to kill off elders if one has lived far too long and there's too many of them filling the town up while sims are wanting to start having babies.I might kill sims off for a story though mostly I'll also save some from mistakes that might've killed them if they weren't supposed to die yet.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Neutral
    I never hurt or kill Sims for fun. I try to grant the wishes they roll and just make their lives as comfortable as possible. I would be absolutely devastated if I was to lose any of my Sims. But at the same time, I try and let whatever happens, happen. And I'm certainly not above laughing at my Sims' reactions to things like...

Getting bitten by a vampire:
    mmZTqr5.jpg

Failing at slam-dunking:
    59Xp7H0.gif

Another Sim refusing to offer a drink:
    GfsA4nX.jpg

Getting kicked in the face when sparring:
    vRzbTUV.jpg

And burning food:
    tAbczGn.jpg

Notice that a certain red-haired Sim pops up more often? Well, he's my favourite. Confusing much? :tongue:
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Neutral
    I'm nice to the sims I like, but don't pay much attention to sims I don't. If I don't like a child for example I will just delete him, or build a cell and keep him there forever until I get tired and kill him (or feed him to cowplant). I also like to build huge mazes with a single hamburger in the middle of the maze, and have like 10 sims compete for it, the winning sim survives and I motherlode him. I usually motherlode my favorites and even increase their lifespans.

I think I'm pretty benevolent actually, I want to change my answer.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Other
    I'm a controlling creator but I do like my sims to be happy. I don't mind a temporary blip in the road to happiness for a story arc, but I play the game to relax and have fun and certain things would not be fun so I keep those things out of my game play.
  • LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Neutral
    I'm very nice to my sims, but I also tend to let them do their own thing. If something bad happens, I tend to roll with it and find a way to work it into a story. I never kill sims just for giggles, even the ones I don't like. I usually let them do their own thing for the most part with very little interference. With sims that move out, I let Story Progression take over and decide their fate from there. Most of my sims have ended up very happy even with me not 'controlling' them.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Benevolent
    I'm somewhat extremely controlling, but I do everything I can to make my sims as happy as possible, with full mood bars and lots of fulfilled wishes. They work hard and are always busy, but they also have a lot of fun, if usually in strictly controlled portions. Lately, though, I've been trying to loosen my gameplay style a bit, respecting my sims' more reasonable rolled wishes, like learning new skills or making specific friends. The wishes I disapprove of still get summarily dismissed. It's... an ongoing process.

I can't seem to find it in me to be mean to sims, even the townies I don't particularly like. In all my years of playing, I've only force-killed one sim, and that was to try to trigger a badge I should have already earned (and I didn't save my progress). For me, the game isn't nearly as enjoyable when sims are suffering. They can struggle for a while to put their lives together, but ultimately, I just want to see them successful and happy.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Other
    Benevolent, but Naughty ;)

I do like to spoil my Sims with lovely living environments, tons of skill-building entertainment, food they enjoy, etc. And most of my games are on the level, with reasonable family life, etc. But some saves get sketchy. My evil Werewolf crime boss, for instance... well, the less said, the more T-rated this discussion will remain. And even his teen fairy cabana boys ended up getting their happy-ever-after.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Benevolent
    Almost no deaths, no diseases, nothing R rated, mostly joyful stuff im my game - weddings, birthdays, births, travelling, friendships.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Benevolent
    ..with some experiments. I confess to have killed sims but they were very few, otherwise the mood is always on pulsing high, time on epic and almost noone gets to die anymore if I can prevent it or bring them back. Always high free will setting but I control my active sim's behaviour closely, everyone else can do what they want so to speak even if I try to affect the townies through my sim's actions - friendship is the most frequently entered and entertained relation. My games are not so called 'teen rated', and I don't even have any of the (in)famous mods in place (yet) that are so popular here and elsewhere, but that just raises the mood for all involved doesn't it. (Anyway that concept of rating the level of content appropriate is culturally very foreign for me and hard to understand the borders of; where I live young people are not shielded from themselves like that).
    Sindocat wrote: »
    And even his teen fairy cabana boys ended up getting their happy-ever-after.

@Sindocat you made me laugh!
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Neutral
    My sims live mostly good lives, but if something bad is going to happen, Im not going to step in.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Benevolent
    I try my best to step in if something bad happens and always fulfill their needs.... but unless it's a favourite character I won't go back on a save to prevent something bad that does happen.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2019
    Other
    I like lots of drama and I like to see my sims reacting to things my sims have a lot of fun
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Other
    Wherever my imagination takes me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Neutral
    I set a sim on fire once in the early days, because I needed a ghost ( this was before ghost creation in CAS ) and I've never done it again. The screaming was so unnerving :anguished:

I don't kill or hurt sims, apart from that one time, for fun or anything, but what happens in their lives happens. I like death, and drama and fighting in my game, as well as happiness and great families and all the nice things too. I like a balanced game, because I get bored with sunshine rainbow bunny land, or constant dystopian misery city.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited January 2019
    Benevolent
    I tend to my sims needs, their wishes, and keep them focused on building skills. I also don't like to let them die so I'll guide them to some knowledge of eternal life. My favorite is to send them to the Pyramid of the Sky to retrieve the life fruit and death plant from the throne looking room.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Benevolent
    I like my sims to be happy. I tend to get nervous when someone is not fully green. I fullfill their wishes and make sure, that their needs are up (no cheating, though).
    On the other hand, I play on high free will to a point, that I let my sims do what they want, even if it conflicts with my plans (but that often leads to the real fun).
    No accidental death, but when I play my legacy, I let my sims die. Well. Most of them.
    Never killed a sim, but there may have been a cowplant at some point.
    I add cribs and pet stuff to townies houses, but leave them alone otherwise.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Neutral
    I'm nice to the sims I like, but don't pay much attention to sims I don't. If I don't like a child for example I will just delete him, or build a cell and keep him there forever until I get tired and kill him (or feed him to cowplant). I also like to build huge mazes with a single hamburger in the middle of the maze, and have like 10 sims compete for it, the winning sim survives and I motherlode him. I usually motherlode my favorites and even increase their lifespans.

I think I'm pretty benevolent actually, I want to change my answer.

I don't see that as benevolent and maybe not even neutral and I think sims would agree. ;) But thanks, it's a game.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2019
    Evil
    ~sigh~ 3 (oh...FOUR people this time). people indicated that they are "Evil Overlords" and only one (me) explained himself. :D What...nobody else want to explain why they're evil to their sims? :mrgreen: Don't worry, we won't judge. >:)

Edit: FIVE... OK...you other four. I've still got the title of "MOST EVIL". see video evidence.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~