Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectar

Is there any benefit besides having something to do, for making nectar?

Back in the old days of Sims 2, making juice from fruit and vegetables grown in the garden, and drinking it, would give different benefits.

Making nectar in Sims 3 only seems to serve as something extra to do, an extra skill to gain, and making money by selling it.

The different herbs have effects when eaten or used on a bonfire, why not nectar?

It also seems like the possible combination and percentage of fruits, especially with the one's that come with the Bohemian Garden set, is endless and difficult to guess which make the 'delicious' or terrible nectar, and it seems that the rare/r grapes don't make any difference to that chance, even when the sim has a high level in the skill. Has anyone done a thorough and complete test of that, including the Bohemian Garden fruits/nuts with all kinds of percentages and skill levels?

And has anyone found any effect or different effects of drinking it?

I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Your sims get different moodlets from drinking nectar (see the list on this page). Some last up to 8 hrs. If the nectar was made with flame fruit they'll get the warm/cozy moodlet. If the nectar was made with enough life fruit your sim will get a day younger. I think nectar made with plasma fruit will satisfy a vampire's thirst, but I've never used it for that. Beyond moodlets though, nectar doesn't confer any special benefit like herbs do. In that way it's just like most other skill based means of making money.

As far as I know, the Bohemian Garden fruit is equivalent to using apples in nectar making as far as recipe value and taste (i.e. amazing vs. terrible).

I don't guess with nectar recipes. I use this list a lot, or this list. I use this mod as well; I haven't discovered anything better than what I've found online with it though. I find the mod useful when I have a bunch of random fruits to use up and I let it pick a likely good combination.

I mainly use nectar making for money. I age the nectar as long as I can stand and then consign it. One household made 1.4 million from their nectar hoard. I'd have sims drink it regularly for the moodlets, but you can't hire maids if you do (they'll throw away glasses of served nectar) and I usually forget to have my sims drink it regularly. :p But that would definitely be a strategy to keep your sims' mood meter maxed.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2019
    As with any other activity sims start with and continue regularly, drinking the high value nectar has always given my sims very high LTR bonuses, and they just keep getting higher when acceded to. Edit: in response to the wishes of course (wine-bibbers!).
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    So flattered @TreyNutz replied. Thanks mate! :)
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • luvya2honluvya2hon Posts: 3 New Member
    looks like Nectar Making not worth it as a career but can make extra $$$
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It can bring in good money once they get enough skill, just like any other self-employment. None of the self-employment skill careers make much at first, but once sims get good at them, they can get rich faster than with a rabbithole career.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    It can bring in good money once they get enough skill, just like any other self-employment. None of the self-employment skill careers make much at first, but once sims get good at them, they can get rich faster than with a rabbithole career.

^^ Definitely this.