Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• JokersKiddoJokersKiddo Posts: 19 Member
    I'm going to test out the stay at home mom thing. That's so cute I have to see it. I love the little details. :)
    Custom Content Addicts Anonymous <3
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Drinking the Americano coffee can give sims the confident moodlet.

Erratic sims enjoy being struck by lightning and become energised!
  • wavveswavves Posts: 10,730 Member
    @TravisBlackfox the rainbows are for a holiday i had in my game - the icon comes from a mod!
    3x1Bhmq.gif
    origin ID: wavvys
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2019
    Don't know if it's been mentioned before but If you are on a lot with a pool you can't skinny dip with children nearby on the lot :P
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • PassacaliaPassacalia Posts: 2 New Member
    Don't know if this has been posted, but if you have City Living, you can get a toilet that talks called Toilet 2.0. You can talk to it to gain some minor social, and I often have sims do it.

In my house, I have a celebrity Sim. Imagine my surprise when I clicked on the toilet and discovered it was a level one celebrity for "knowing" (rather well, really!) my sim! That was funny.
  • idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2019
    When you randomize a baby girls name one of the names that comes up is “🐸🐸🐸🐸.” (Without the dots) or “Margarita”
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'm currently compiling a list of adult skills that children can start building early, because I can't find a complete one anywhere. I already discovered Singing and Pet Training the other day (the latter is even possible from the getgo), now I can also confirm Organ, Vampire Lore, and Media Production. Like other musical instruments, Organ requires children to max Creativity first (before, it just contributes to that), not sure about the other two - they may or may not require Mental and Creativity, respectively, which my little girl had already maxed by the time she started experimenting with adult skills.

Next up are Archaeology, Selvadoradian Culture, and Acting. I expected the latter to be tied to Creativity as well, but it's not, so maybe the game considers it a social thing (the only child skill she hasn't maxed yet). Social might also unlock Selvadoradian Culture, because so far her mother's exotic recipes haven't made a skill-building impression on her; if not, then that can be ruled out. I know children are too small to use the archaeology table, but maybe they can help dig out artifacts and build the skill that way. My future tests will tell.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2019
    On the Sims TV (I think it might be the channel that came with one of the Stuff Packs) there is a Sim parody of Jem and the Holograms! 😋
  • vivetaviveta Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh my God I’ve learned so many things today!!!🙏
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited January 2019
    Vampires can drink blood from skeletons. :open_mouth:
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member

How bizarre :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
    If a sim ages up to young adult and is awarded the responsible trait, they automatically complete their daily task at work.

• FireftrLtFireftrLt Posts: 54 Member

Now I'm going to have to try that. I bet it's hilarious.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited January 2019
    idkemily wrote: »
    When you randomize a baby girls name one of the names that comes up is “plum.” (Without the dots) or “Margarita”

Margarita is not that uncommon of a name. One I considered for my RL daughter but ended up going another one. It's a variation of Margaret and the long form of "Rita"
    If you upgrade the TV you get a music channel that increases the guitar skill for any sims that watch it.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    If you upgrade the TV you get a music channel that increases the guitar skill for any sims that watch it.

I didn't know that. That makes an upgrade worthwhile.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited January 2019
    I noticed today that the baby bassinets have tiny toy elephants hanging from them inside. Never knew that before haha!
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2019
    I just noticed for the first time while playing last night that when standing on balcony of the Culpper apartment as you look across the street one of the building walls has a large face of a girl looking at you. sort of creepy since there is no caption or any thing showing that it is an ad of any kind. To make matters worse it was night and snowing out with a street light shining on it so it was sort of hazy.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    This never happened before in my game so it's something surprising.

BIiw1GI.pnghZ8cwq3.pnguiQLa6l.png
    t9fOcrx.png
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I just found out there was an apartment penthouse in big long building at the back of the Fashion District in San Myshuno. Can't believe I haven't noticed it for 2 years!! After researching, I found it was called the Torendi Tower Penthouse. How did I miss tis for so long?!?
  • Nel0Nel0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh, wow. I didn't know most of these things. Thanks for sharing!
    I just discovered from reading this that we could have more than one outfit per category! Thank you! Also I read something about secret areas... Where are those?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I just discovered from reading this that we could have more than one outfit per category! Thank you! Also I read something about secret areas... Where are those?

Hello @SimAlexandria :) The two hidden lots are Sylvan Glade ( Willow Creek ) and the Forgotten Grotto ( Oasis Springs ) This link explains how to enter these secret areas.
    https://simsvip.com/2014/09/03/guide-how-to-unlock-the-sims-4s-hidden-lots/
    Thanks!! 😊
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    So I definitely have something I didn't know, and I actually haven't seen mention of it on the boards:

I have a cat, Opie, in one of my families. Her owner, Nate, is a dog person, and "accidentally" adopted a stray, Doodle. One day, while I was tending to Nate's kids, I noticed Doodle running to the bathroom behind Opie, where I keep the litter box. Opie did her business, then left. Then Doodle ate from the litter box.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top