Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you save during gameplay?

124...Next

Comments

• MissyScabtreeMissyScabtree Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2018
    After Each Major Event
    I think I'm in between saving all the time and after each event. I played Sims 3 for years and learned the very hard way to save almost frequently. I can't even begin to tell how many hours of gameplay I lost due to not saving for a long time and then crashing. :'(
    "Silence is the most powerful scream."
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    All the time
    Every sim day. I use some mods, I've never had the game crash, but nothing worse than spending 2 sim days then you get an LE and given my previous experience with TS3 I rather not even dare save after one, whether it's EA caused or mod caused. So at 5 AM every sim-day I save, then I "Save As" before I'm done for the day.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    All the time
    I save my game after every Sim day or whenever I achieve a major accomplishment. And when I exit the game.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    All the time
    I save a LOT. Right after a promotion, new skill point, new friend, etc., or right before doing something that might backfire.

Saving often is a good idea, you never know when the game might freeze.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    All the time
    I picked all the time; it's usually once a sim day (while they're sleeping), after a major event and when I exit the game. My game doesn't crash or freeze often but sometimes I want to change what happened in my game. I don't have too many save games where I just roll with it and go with the flow.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I only save before it is time to exit
    I've been meaning to save more
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    After Each Major Event
    I usually have work to do, so it's more accurate to say that I save every 1-2 hours when I need to get back to whatever I was doing. However, I always make sure to save after editing a lot or after major career and life events as well. Thankfully, my game crashes far less often now, so I don't feel nervous about losing progress even if I leave my game running in the background without saving.
  • WarpStarsWarpStars Posts: 17 Member
    After Each Major Event
    Not too many major events happen so I never save enough, oops.
  • LluviaRainLluviaRain Posts: 2,199 Member
    edited January 2019
    After Each Major Event
    Whenever it crosses my mind. Only started saving more often because my pc has a habit of crashing :'(
    Not sure what to put here... so hi
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    All the time
    I save when they go to bed that way the most I lose is a sim day.
    Unless I'm building then I save after every room.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    All the time
    I always save before they go to sleep or before I make them do something risky that could kill them lmao
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    All the time
    I save before I save, and then I save! ;)

Hehe, not so much, but close to it. I save in the sim morning and the evening. Before and after every big event, new outfits, or building. If I have to go away from the computer, because I always get paranoid about 'did I leave it running?'. I am a control-freak in my games. Also sometimes I forget if I saved or not so I'll save again. And the double save when I exit.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    All the time
    I save every 10 minutes or so, or when something happens that I wouldn't wanna lose.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    All the time
    I've had too many games where I go 3 hours without saving and it crashes. I generally save twice during a sim day or more if a baby is born or something important happens.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    All the time
    I save after every session, and I save as after every family event.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • NovuNovu Posts: 21 Member
    All the time
    It is very important to save often. I was building a house and the game crashed so I had to start all over.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited January 2019
    All the time
    I use MCCC as well, it auto saves each sim day at midnight. Oh, and I always save after aging up a sim too.
    Post edited by sunblond on
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    After Each Major Event
    Autosaves every midnight, and manual saves after make every changes such as editing sims
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    All the time
    I save at least once a Sim day but usually two to three times in the day. I also always save after a major event (baby being born, marriage, job promotion, etc). Better safe than sorry!
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Not so often, I tend to save the game when I feel something bad/unexpected may happen just in case I need to reload...