Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Watching Your Sims Cook/Eat Make You Hungry

My sims are having a party tomorrow at their apartment, so I have them preparing the food. I'm not even hungry, but watching them was making me want to eat...to the point that I actually just logged out of the game! LOL. Has anything similar ever happened to you?

frm_cooking.png?w=584
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Same!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Playing Sims 3 on the PS2 always made me hungry because the sims in that game were constantly eating and making sandwiches!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My sims are having a party tomorrow at their apartment, so I have them preparing the food. I'm not even hungry, but watching them was making me want to eat...to the point that I actually just logged out of the game! LOL. Has anything similar ever happened to you?

frm_cooking.png?w=584

Not really. I have a strict diet - so usually not affected by seeing food being prepared. Also I am a lifelong vegetarian and I do not tend to make all my sims like me either as the world is not like me. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Never happened to me, although I’m always hungry hehe
  • Options
    cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    Yes!!! Literally every time I watch them eat/make grilled cheese, I have to have some. It's like I can smell it with my mind. Lol!
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2019
    Nope, never happened to me. Every time I come across someone talking about the food in the game making them hungry, I get hungry though. :D I just ate two breakfasts and am over-full, but now I'm hungry again.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    No, but watching my sims make food is always entertaining.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Nah. There are a few dishes that make me curious as to what a real version might taste like, but I've never watched a sim cook or eat and gotten hungry from that.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    All. The. Time. Especially grilled cheese but then Im too lazy to make it :D
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Certain dishes in the game definitely make me hungry. I sometimes even have my sims cook meals depending on what I’m craving that day. They’ll make chili and then I’m like, “Now I want chili!” :lol:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm just always hungry lol.

Actually I was water fasting the other day and could not play sims as I knew I'd be jealous watching them eat lol.
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Yes! I'm pretty much always hungry so when I sim and or game I have snacks surrounding me so I can snack n play like currently I have cotton candy, hot fries, takis, hersheys, cookies and crackers around me and just made some Pasta Bake cause my sims where making a bunch of food lol!
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    It happens quite a few times, depending on what they're preparing, of course. If they make spaghetti or garlic noodles, for example, I get serious munchies. xD
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    If I've been playing for several hours sometimes watching them make food reminds me that I haven't eaten and that I am in fact hungry. lol
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes! Some people even make sims food blogs!

I tried making sim food as well but realized they ate mostly junk food or American food, lol (waffles, mac and cheese, burger, grilled cheese, pork chops, etc.)

But it gets better with sims 4 (gourmet and foreign food).

I guess I'm a gourmet, lol.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Depend on what foods they cook, I always like it when they cook grilled cheese and mac & cheese
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    IdiotCakeIdiotCake Posts: 6 New Member
    Same with me but it depends on the meal
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    It doesn’t make me hungry,but many times I have favorite foods for my sims to eat. Salads and fish taco’s for sims I am trying to keep thin, occasionally with things I really enjoy eating like spaghetti...lol. Of course my sims that exercise regularly don’t have to be as careful what they eat.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    French Toast and Garlic Noodles get my tummy rumbling the most. If I like it, I will definitely have my sims make it.
  • Options
    ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    I actually looked up how to make Taco Casserole before.. So yes. I haven't made it but it's an actual thing and it looks good.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No it doesn't happen to me. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yeah. The curry dish in Sims 4 really seems appealing, especially cause it's spicy in-game (which I love irl).
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No, not really. Which is astonishing as everything else makes me hungry haha.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not too much, but I start craving some of the foods (though taquitos in a saucepan makes me SMH. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)