The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with no woohoo option.

My sims are married and have woohoo options in the shower. So I don't think that is the problem. However, they no longer have the option on the bed, or igloos. I want the woohoo in a leaf pile and igloo badge. Again, I only seem to have the option in the shower and leaf piles. I wonder if it might be a glitch with the Generations expansion pack? Thanks for any responses!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It's always been easier to get two sims, married or otherwise, to woohoo in a shower than many other locations once GEN is present. For beds, there are two paths to making this happen.

One is, off the bed, play through a string of uninterrupted Romantic interactions so that the short term context progresses from Sim A thinks Sim B is Okay, Flirty, Alluring, Irresistible. The woohoo options should start showing up somewhere around Irresistible, for longer-term couples sometimes around Alluring. The string of interactions cannot be interrupted by either sim doing anything else (no Friendly, Funny, no answering the phone, going to the bathroom, etc.), their needs must be taken care of (no sleepy, hungry, bladder full, etc.), they must be in good moods, no negative moodlets towards each other or the situation getting in the way, and of course they must like and be attracted to each other. I believe that this path also applies to igloos, leaf piles can be trickier because the pile has to be huge to allow for that and there could be privacy issues if other sims are around.

The other path is with at least one on the bed relaxing already, you can start them out cuddling, then kiss, then make out, and then woohoo or try for baby without the entire romantic chain of progression being necessary.

Do neither of these paths work anymore? And do you have any mods in play that might affect flirts and romance?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • fruf2014fruf2014 Posts: 197 Member
    Hmm I thought it gave me the woohoo option regardless earlier when I did still have Gen installed. I have no mods, seeing as they cause so many glitches I stay away from them.That's odd that leaf piles are trickiest seeing as that and the shower are the only things with the option. I just tried again, with them finding each other extremely irresistible. Still no option.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    fruf2014 wrote: »
    I have no mods, seeing as they cause so many glitches I stay away from them.
    Seeing as I am "from" the website that cares for and provides support for NRaas mods in particular, which are designed specifically to prevent and fix game-related glitches, maybe it's best if I retreat from this conversation. But I am sure other players have experienced something similar and hopefully will have more suggestions to offer when playing without mods.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2018
    Maybe this is too simple, but have you tried buying your sims another bed? (And perhaps another igloo.) If it doesn't work, you could always quit without saving. I also hope you're regularly deleting the five cache files in your game folder in Documents. For reference, they are:
    • CASPartCache.package
    • compositorCache.package
    • scriptCache.package
    • simCompositorCache.package
    • socialCache.package
    If these steps don't help, you can to to Edit Town, evict your household, copy their house to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace the house with the bin copy, and move the sims back in. If you do all of this in one Edit Town session, without saving and replacing the sims themselves, they'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities. This can help remove leftover action jigs and other issues that you wouldn't be able to see. Of course, if it doesn't help, you can quit without saving again.

And I do want to say that while there are plenty of people who prefer not to use mods, for any number of valid reasons, some mods (including several from NRaas in particular) are quite useful, removing glitches and low-level corruption before they can bork your game. These mods also make troubleshooting much easier, providing various reset commands as well as doing their cleanup in the background. But if you don't want to use them, the reset described above is probably your best bet, other than moving your sims to an entirely new save.
  • fruf2014fruf2014 Posts: 197 Member
    Yeah I have. This has been a long term problem. Hmm this interests me. What are those files? I've never heard of having to delete them. Are they kind of like .bad files that are just a byproduct of playing?

That sounds like it might help. IDK maybe I'll try it. Sucks they'll lose their promised wishes. I keep the same wishes for a very long time sometimes lol.

Yes you are right. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was referring to custom content, such as the mod that can remove the blur around naked sims. (That's a really random example but the only one I could think of lol) Which I think can be harmful, right? Of course not all of them are bad.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2019
    I am curious if it worked so sorry if this reviving is redundant.

If still needed here is an explanation on the cashe files in sims 3 from Mod The Sims:
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

And an explanation on the user files in the sims from crinrict's blog:
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

And here is a pedagogical, I think, link on cashe files for any app (don't mind the explicit opinioning here):
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/166285/myths-does-deleting-the-cache-actually-speed-up-your-pc/amp/

I found one funny report on the same bedbug (sorry) that got resolved when removing a bedfacing peeping tom: 'sGnomeman Bittertrotter Gnome' (the gnome that pops up when the player have built a couple of snowfigures). Maybe it is lurking by the igloo too.

If it is only about getting the badge I have read reports that the option is missing on the igloo itself but that it is possible to wohoo in it through romantic interactions standing close by (and building up the mood), or by both first entering the igloo and then get the option to appear by clicking the name of the partner. It was a little unclear if the wohoo never happened or stopped working in you game.

Edit: I forgot your question on CC: mods and custom content are different things, one changes gameplay the other is estethical objects. You are allowed any opinion you want and if you are curious there are several careful simmers that are better at answering any questions you would have than me. Perhaps a thread in the General Discussions-section would attract them more than here :smile: