Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Organizing CC (Program Recommendations)

Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
edited January 2019 in General Mods Discussion
I wanted to talk to you about organizing your Sims 4 folders. I’m one of those people who likes everything nice and tidy, including my Sims 4 folders. So, I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations of how they organize their folders. (I have them in sub folders already)
I want to find any copies or broken mods maybe even be able to see a image of what I have so it makes it easier to sort :)
Thanks in advance!

Edit - I am now using Sims Studio :)
Post edited by Princess_07x on

Comments

• rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    What I do is open the CC I have downloaded in Sims 4 Studio. That way I can see what it looks like if the file name doesn't indicate what it is and then I can move to the correct subfolder (I have it by ages and then by type so toddler shoes, child dresses, teen-elder hairstyles, etc.).

To make sure I don't download duplicates, I bookmark what I have downloaded. I also have a side blog on my Sims Tumblr where I reblog CC that I like and I have a tag for stuff that I have added to my game.

I don 't use a whole lot of CC at the moment so this is what works best for me.
  • Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    What I do is open the CC I have downloaded in Sims 4 Studio. That way I can see what it looks like if the file name doesn't indicate what it is and then I can move to the correct subfolder (I have it by ages and then by type so toddler shoes, child dresses, teen-elder hairstyles, etc.).

To make sure I don't download duplicates, I bookmark what I have downloaded. I also have a side blog on my Sims Tumblr where I reblog CC that I like and I have a tag for stuff that I have added to my game.

I don 't use a whole lot of CC at the moment so this is what works best for me.

I did download Sims 4 Studio but this time it's not showing any images just the names of the subfolders and files and :( I'm not sure why this is happening as normally S4S is my go to :)
  • NicolesSimsNicolesSims Posts: 43 Member
    I usually just organize them as I download them.
    I usually just organize them as I download them.

I really need to do this! haha I just love to download things, I need to be more careful, I hate having strange skins like purple showing in the column so now I need to find the mod that is making this show up in CAS :/
    So Its seems as my laptop needed updating & now its working woohoo :D
  • StrawberrylimeStrawberrylime Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims 4 Tray Importer is great too! I have tons of custom content, so what I do is use an empty lot and place any broken or unwanted cc, then save it as a room. Then load up the tray importer and pull up that room. It'll give you a list of any custom content and if you right click then you can open the folder it's in. It works great with CAS as well aswell.
  • toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    I have mine in specific sub-folders and I use S4S to go through them and the delete the ones I don't use :)