Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Website Reloads After Sign In

Hi' i'm posting this here, because I don't know how else to get the focus on this problem. Basically this has been happening for me for some time now, but only on Chrome. Basically I go to the Sims 4 Gallery Website, and I try to download a Creation, but it says I need to log in in order to do so. I have my Browser Automatically Log me in every Time I access a Site, so this shouldn't be a problem, but when I go to Re-Log in, the entire page resets likes it in a Time Loop, no matter how many times I click the log in button, the site resets and I'm back to square one, no matter which method I try to log in. Other EA sites still work, it's just the gallery that's the problem. Like I said, I had this problem with Chrome (one of the reasons I switched to Edge), and now this problem is here as well.

Is this a Bug in the code of the Page, or what?

Comments

• vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Hi' i'm posting this here, because I don't know how else to get the focus on this problem. Basically this has been happening for me for some time now, but only on Chrome. Basically I go to the Sims 4 Gallery Website, and I try to download a Creation, but it says I need to log in in order to do so. I have my Browser Automatically Log me in every Time I access a Site, so this shouldn't be a problem, but when I go to Re-Log in, the entire page resets likes it in a Time Loop, no matter how many times I click the log in button, the site resets and I'm back to square one, no matter which method I try to log in. Other EA sites still work, it's just the gallery that's the problem. Like I said, I had this problem with Chrome (one of the reasons I switched to Edge), and now this problem is here as well.

I have infinite loading like this on the ingame gallery too. It has been like this since the gallery overhaul happened. I still haven't had/found a solution. I think it maybe my ISP blocking the access for some reason.
    As for the browser version try clearing your cache.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9098093?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en&visit_id=636781377117169181-1534034040&rd=1

If this fails try posting here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    There's no more technical support on the Forums :/
    2UFyFUV.png

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I've had the same problem for so long I can't remember when it started. It only happens when I try to access the gallery outside of the game. I'm only able to access it with one browser on one computer. All others won't let me log in. For a while I thought it was my AdBlock that was causing it, but I only use that on Chrome and the problem exists with other browsers for me.

I might actually use the gallery if they would fix this problem, but the way it is now it's just too much of a hassle.
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    I've had the same problem for so long I can't remember when it started. It only happens when I try to access the gallery outside of the game. I'm only able to access it with one browser on one computer. All others won't let me log in. For a while I thought it was my AdBlock that was causing it, but I only use that on Chrome and the problem exists with other browsers for me.

I might actually use the gallery if they would fix this problem, but the way it is now it's just too much of a hassle.

One of the many reasons I won't use the gallery.
    Even if it was to work I wouldn't get any downloads, I find my time and effort is more appreciated on TSR. And I can use CC on there.

2UFyFUV.png

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member

Same.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    vikixc wrote: »

One of the many reasons I won't use the gallery.
    Even if it was to work I wouldn't get any downloads, I find my time and effort is more appreciated on TSR. And I can use CC on there.

The online gallery needs a big update anyway much like the in game gallery got but I don't unfortuanly see that happening.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited November 2018
    @AuronoiChieftain I've had and complained about Windows 10, Edge and Explorer doing this and it hasn't improved, I complained to a moderator on the forum as well who didn't help. I didn't try Chrome but found that I got back my Signing in ok with the new version of Opera so I'm using that for the Gallery and sites that load those videos on me without asking. I found that it can block Brightcove video (in advanced settings) which is supremely annoying in the uk when looking at online newspaper sites. If I see another meerkat ad. I might throw my laptop across the room!

Try Opera and you can still use your other browser as well. That's what I do now. Opera is a pleasant surprise and I might use that all the time in future.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member

What solved the issue for me was to allow third-party cookies in my browser. I will certainly never recommend that to anybody else, but as far as individual responsibility goes, I use a portable version of my browser especially dedicated to dubious websites and anything EA.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    Ok...I find I can access the gallery once,but if I exit and go back to it later it says I'm not logged in and it can take anything up 7 or 8 log in attempts to get back in....really annoying.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    @procian maybe that's just temporary, I've had a number of problems with the gallery for a few days now including missing faves and not being able to upload or delete stuff, though at the moment everything seems to be ok. If it works once, it should do so every time, maybe this is just due to gallery performance atm.
  • procianprocian Posts: 151 Member
    @procian maybe that's just temporary, I've had a number of problems with the gallery for a few days now including missing faves and not being able to upload or delete stuff, though at the moment everything seems to be ok. If it works once, it should do so every time, maybe this is just due to gallery performance atm.

It seems to be if I save and go to manage worlds and try to access the gallery that it plays up....very strange :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    What solved the issue for me was to allow third-party cookies in my browser. I will certainly never recommend that to anybody else, but as far as individual responsibility goes, I use a portable version of my browser especially dedicated to dubious websites and anything EA.

This is the answer in Windows 10. After one of the latest updates I kept being asked to sign in again and again to the Website Gallery. Microsoft apparently thought that there was some sort of hack and I was asked to delete stuff after the update and that's what did it. I think it's been sorted out now but I had to use Opera (fantastic little browser) for a while until I found I had to change settings in Windows 10 Edge. (Insider update).

The only reason I went back to Edge was because of my Favorites lists.