Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much CC Do You Have in Your Sims 4 Mods Folder?

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Don’t use cc/my game is completely vanilla
    I have like 2 pieces of actual CC and MAYBE 30 mods - MCCC takes care of all that stupid autonomous crap for me.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    I don't use CC and only have a handful of mods.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have not jumped on the CC/Mods bandwagon yet. It was out of necessity with my old laptop, it could barely handle just the game as it was. I have a proper gaming desktop now, so there really isn't anything holding me back. I just haven't made an effort to look for anything yet and I'm a little scared/anxious to start.

I went hog wild in TS2, had over 10 GB of all manner of CC/Mods. Honestly, for awhile I wasn't even playing the game, just searching for CC and Mods. I loved every bit of it but, having that much extra 'stuff' broke my game at the end and made it all but unplayable. My own fault...

While playing, I keep thinking to myself, "Wow, some body hair sure would improve how this guy looks. Wish I had eyelashes for my Sim, maybe I should go get some stuff. Gah! We need more beds in this game. Hmm, I wonder what kind of CC beds are out there? Why are the potted plants so limited, wish we had more. Grr! This modesty blur is so annoying. I wonder if anyone made a mod to get rid of it like I had in TS2? More water, really? WTH?" Etc., etc. But for some reason I can't bring myself to actually go looking for anything, at least not yet.

I think I'm also a little unnerved by all the 'problem' threads I read on here that CC/Mods end up being the reason something won't work right. Plus, so many talk about how they can't even play with their custom content after patches until the creators update their files. I'm having fun with my vanilla game, so I wonder if I really need any CC/Mods even though I know deep down I would adore having it all if I ever do take the plunge. :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Team Vanilla.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    300-800 pieces
    I like most of the CAS items that come with the base game and all the packs, so my mods folder is mostly script mods like MC Command Center and LittleMsSam's stuff. Most of my CC is for my decades challenge, but I feel that once my game progresses to the 50s or so I may not need as much as I have now. I do have quite a bit of CC for toddlers and children because most of their hair and clothing wouldn't fit my current decade.
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    300-800 pieces
    I have 218 Mods\Custom Content in my game. I just checked, I was pretty shook lol (I have my CCs in different folders) :astonished:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    At present my computer has a major memory leak (fairly sure my ram is going bad and I'm in the process of rebuilding my pc because its time anyway) so I'm running with no cc at all but normally I carry several GB's of cc at any given time so its 0 now but its usually 4000+
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Totally happy with my vanilla game :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    completely vanilla, no mods no cc hahahahaha :p
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I had 9 cc toddler hairs at one point. Apart from that I've been playing vanilla all the time.
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    4000+
    I don't really play the game exactly, I mostly use it for CAS & building, hence my large mods folder.
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'd like to add CC to my game once I am able to figure out the perfect settings for my system. I prefer Maxis Match CC for TS4 though, where as I used more realistic items for TS3.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• missminahmissminah Posts: 1 New Member
    My mods folder is at 15.0g. Almost 6k files :#
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited January 2019
    70 pieces. Mainly shoes, a few male tops, a few female outfits, and some decor items for my retail shops. Total of 48 MB.
    Forgot about a lovely beachy themed bedroom/bathroom I just downloaded from TSR. Doing some redecorating tonight.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Right this moment none.. but I redownloaded some suits I want to use in my game and will put them in later today. I'll be way less than 300 when I do that though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Posts: 18 Member
    I'm sitting at about 4gb of cc. All of it is cas items and one mod (playable pets) :D
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    i only have mccc. Got tired of all the flirting after all these yrs and finally broke down and got the mod.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    300-800 pieces
    Actually less, it is about 100~200.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I don't use CC, but what is involved in MCCC, and mods that unlock what's hidden in the game.
  • DreamySimsDreamySims Posts: 24 Member
    4000+
    My favorite thing to do is to play around in CAS, so I have more than 3000+ of CAS items. The other 1000+ are just build mode objects and mods.
    "Depwa Sanewash Depla Blah"
    (You! Yes you! Go away!)
  • insomniiartinsomniiart Posts: 1 New Member
    4000+
    Almost at 5000 pieces of not more I lose track I should probably organize them into files since I just have them all in one big file but the only issue I really have is the game takes really long to load up which does kinda suck and when I first start the game it's slow but then gets better. I do like the freedom though of making sims look how I want and how script mods make the game more realistic. I like to make characters from movies and games too so cc helps
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    300-800 pieces
    170 pieces so far. I'd like to go for more, but I don't know how much pressure this laptop is able to withstand until it goes KERPLUNK. Let's just say, the amount of times I've scrolled through CC sites, just to spend the next 5 minutes quietly debating against myself over whether it's worth freezing my game up for... you got to think very carefully about these things.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2019
    300-800 pieces
    I dont think my cc reaches this threshold but this is the closest one I can pick, I would say less than 250 cc including mods and stuff, I just need more nice hairtstyle maxismatch hair for my male sims, female is already good as it is tbh.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Vanilla here. :)
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    900-1400 pieces
    I organize/edit/and delete my CC frequently. I know I have between 1200-1300 atm, and that's because I went on a downloading binge this week. I download clothing and hair frequently, but I delete them if I don't use them, or if CAS thinks every random townie spawned from that day on should wear it (RIP bantu knots)

I have probably 100 mods, though. There are just so many little things that annoy me. Clipping issues or silly and excessive animations (Everyone in my town should have Popeye arms with all the push-ups they do. ) Also, ts4 is just so much eeaaasier than TS3 was. I find myself collecting mods to lower wages and raise bills and cause diseases so that I feel like I have to try.