Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Mods Not Working

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited December 2018
    Sorry to put this here, but as a new member still, I can’t make new posts. Anyone know why when I use custom CAS backgrounds they all look pixelated as heck? :(

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    Try changing the graphics settings and see if that helps. If you have a laptop, try testing with laptop mode on. and laptop mode off, amd see if one of the laptop modes helps.
    Make sure that you have the latest version of the cc and mods.
  • CorsetCorpseCorsetCorpse Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16890860"][quote="CorsetCorpse;c-16890853"]Sorry to put this here, but as a new member still, I can’t make new posts. Anyone know why when I use custom CAS backgrounds they all look pixelated as heck? :([/quote]

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    Try changing the graphics settings and see if that helps. If you have a laptop, try testing with laptop mode on. and laptop mode off, amd see if one of the laptop modes helps.[/quote]

I have all my graphics settings on high :(
    rosemow wrote: »
    Sorry to put this here, but as a new member still, I can’t make new posts. Anyone know why when I use custom CAS backgrounds they all look pixelated as heck? :(

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    Try changing the graphics settings and see if that helps. If you have a laptop, try testing with laptop mode on. and laptop mode off, amd see if one of the laptop modes helps.

Try lowering the graphics settings and see if the issue remains,
    Make sure that you have the latest version of the cc,
  • CorsetCorpseCorsetCorpse Posts: 17 Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16890864"][quote="CorsetCorpse;c-16890863"][quote="rosemow;c-16890860"][quote="CorsetCorpse;c-16890853"]Sorry to put this here, but as a new member still, I can’t make new posts. Anyone know why when I use custom CAS backgrounds they all look pixelated as heck? :([/quote]

Hello @CorsetCorpse
    Try changing the graphics settings and see if that helps. If you have a laptop, try testing with laptop mode on. and laptop mode off, amd see if one of the laptop modes helps.[/quote]

[/quote]

Make sure that you have the latest version of the cc,[/quote]

I’ve tried that previously, just to check, but it also didn’t work. I’ve just recently downloaded the CAS backgrounds, so I know they’re the newest version.
    edited December 2018

Hello @CorsetCorpse

Make sure that you have the latest version of the cc,

I’ve tried that previously, just to check, but it also didn’t work. I’ve just recently downloaded the CAS backgrounds, so I know they’re the newest version.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Then put only the cas background ( with no other mods/cc) into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain.
  • Reggiesims325Reggiesims325 Posts: 1 New Member
    Wondering if someone could help every time i go cc shopping i end up finding mods that i want in my game but i have allow cc and script mods on and have moved them into my mods folder but they don't show up plz help me :(
    Wondering if someone could help every time i go cc shopping i end up finding mods that i want in my game but i have allow cc and script mods on and have moved them into my mods folder but they don't show up plz help me :(

Hello @Reggiesims325
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder should be generated in the sims 4 folder. Check that the new mods folder is generated.
    If it isn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If the mods are in a .zip or .rar folder make sure you've unzipped them (unless the install instructions say otherwise -- some script mods require the file stays zipped). Also a good practice is to delete the local thumb cache file (localthumbcache.package). If you're putting them inside a folder inside your mods folder )for example, to split up your mods and your CC), it could be that the game can't read them; you might need to set up your resource.cfg file to read files that are farther down, like this:
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

You can open the file in any text editor, but backup the original in case you make a boo-boo.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • dunnis116dunnis116 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me fix my script mods.
    A couple of days ago I went to update a mod that I've had for forever and when I went to go back to the game all my script mods were gone. I am completely stumped because all of my custom content is working, but none of my script mods. Also, I've always kept it so it shows you you're mods when you open the game and my script mods are coming up as cc, and that's just the couple that show up at all. I've tried starting a new world, disabling my one cloud, deleting and re-downloading them. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. Anyone have any advice?
    edited January 2019
    dunnis116 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me fix my script mods.
    A couple of days ago I went to update a mod that I've had for forever and when I went to go back to the game all my script mods were gone. I am completely stumped because all of my custom content is working, but none of my script mods. Also, I've always kept it so it shows you you're mods when you open the game and my script mods are coming up as cc, and that's just the couple that show up at all. I've tried starting a new world, disabling my one cloud, deleting and re-downloading them. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. Anyone have any advice?

Hello @dunnis116
    Try going to game options and check that the script mods option is enabled.
  • dunnis116dunnis116 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow
    I literally feel like the dumbest person ever! thank you so much
  • Dino_GaminzDino_Gaminz Posts: 8 New Member
    I am having the same issue now. The Script mods won't pop up when the mods menu pops up when i start my game either. I tried to restart my game, update the mods, etc. The mods i really need/want are MC commands and Pose player. The teleportation mod that goes with the pose player mod still, however works. I don't know if there is a separate link to the mods that are updated.
    edited February 2019
    I am having the same issue now. The Script mods won't pop up when the mods menu pops up when i start my game either. I tried to restart my game, update the mods, etc. The mods i really need/want are MC commands and Pose player. The teleportation mod that goes with the pose player mod still, however works. I don't know if there is a separate link to the mods that are updated.

Hello @Dino_Gaminz
    Try going to game options and check that the script mods setting is enabled.

Try also moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • FlyingPotato29FlyingPotato29 Posts: 6 New Member
    On my pc when I check off script mods it says I need to restart my game. How do I do that?
    edited February 2019
    On my pc when I check off script mods it says I need to restart my game. How do I do that?

Hello @FlyingPotato29
    It just means that you need to exit the game. Then launch/load the game again .
  • FlyingPotato29FlyingPotato29 Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you so much for your help.😀
  • tokiya23tokiya23 Posts: 8 New Member
    Regardless of the type of placement, you can not "go there" and can not cook.
    There is no Mod error and no LastException is generated.
    I attempted to repair the game by deleting the cache file, but I could not do it
    I do not have a Mod as I think
    help me! ! !
    tokiya23 wrote: »
    Regardless of the type of placement, you can not "go there" and can not cook.
    There is no Mod error and no LastException is generated.
    I attempted to repair the game by deleting the cache file, but I could not do it
    I do not have a Mod as I think
    help me! ! !

Hello @tokiya23
    Make sure there are empty kitcen counters in the room. Try removing any overhead items or lighting. Try selling and buying the stove again. Try expanding the kitchen.
    > Hello @tokiya23
    > Make sure there are empty kitcen counters in the room. Try removing any overhead items or lighting. Try selling and buying the stove again. Try expanding the kitchen.

Hello
    Thank you for your reply
    There was an empty kitchen counter, removed items overhead, and bought a stove again, but it was useless
    Other houses were useless
    what should I do?
    ttps://imgur.com/a/G7t0Fmx
    > Hello @tokiya23
    > Make sure there are empty kitcen counters in the room. Try removing any overhead items or lighting. Try selling and buying the stove again. Try expanding the kitchen.

Hello
    Thank you for your reply
    There was an empty kitchen counter, removed items overhead, and bought a stove again, but it was useless
    Other houses were useless
    what should I do?
    ttps://imgur.com/a/G7t0Fmx

Try moving the stove and fridge so that they aren’t in the corner of the room. Where they are placed could be causing issues.
    @rosemow

ttps://imgur.com/a/bS3SAus
    Although it was useless
    What else should I try?

I'm sorry, my English is not good
    @rosemow

ttps://imgur.com/a/bS3SAus
    Although it was useless
    What else should I try?

I'm sorry, my English is not good

I am sorry that you are having this issue. It may be best to post on a thread on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Gator1964Gator1964 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm having the following last exception error:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>b7b048dac10bc8da5c7b2398</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-03-02 19:47:10</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.50.67.1020-1.200.000.385.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>tunable_model.py:71</categoryid><desyncid>b7b048dac10bc8da5c7b2398</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Error while parsing tuning in Instance: 196142 (book_Skill_Acting_Beginner), Types.OBJECT: (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_model')
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 150, in c_api_server_init_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 335, in start_single_service
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 104, in update_incremental_start
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 144, in _execute_gen
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_Scumbumbo_SimLotto_SCRIPT_v4.ts4script\SimLotto_Injector.py", line 10, in _inject
    return new_function(target_function, *args, **kwargs)
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_Scumbumbo_SimLotto_SCRIPT_v4.ts4script\SimLotto_Tuning.py", line 56, in SimLotto_load_data_into_class_instances
    original(self)
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_Scumbumbo_AlwaysStartLotsPaused.ts4script\injector.py", line 11, in _inject
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTS_Scumbumbo_DontWashDishesWhereYouAngryPoop_DefaultEnabled_SCRIPT.ts4script\DontWashDishesWhereYouAngryPoop_DefaultEnabled.py", line 37, in SINK_load_data_into_class_instances
    original(self)
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff.ts4script\lmsinjector.py", line 8, in _inject
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff.ts4script\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff_addition.py", line 15, in injection
    original(self)
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff.ts4script\lmsinjector.py", line 8, in _inject
    File "C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff.ts4script\LittleMsSam_MoreFunStuff_instance.py", line 15, in injection
    original(self)
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 433, in load_data_into_class_instances
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 658, in load_from_xml
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 703, in feed
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 747, in _load_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\serialization.py", line 796, in _load_tunable
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 371, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1188, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 371, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1438, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1680, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1438, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 820, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 1188, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 822, in load_etree_node
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 523, in __call__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_utils\tunable_model.py", line 75, in _factory
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_utils\tunable_model.py", line 71, in get_model
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_model'
    rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
    </root>: