Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your loading screen :)

It's time for another silly poll because I'm curious. :p

Do you have the Interactive Loading Screen enabled to play around on when your game loads up or do you have it disabled?

Feel free to explain your responses below. :) I'll explain mine.
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Your loading screen :) 105 votes

Enabled
29%
Emily4331StormkeepDeshong04PuddinroyAnmirlaalanmichael1monjr8302emorrillJennyggCravenLestatSonata13SingerfionaloveserranoxxnearlyperfectxOlivesplum06jordandMinx11Simtown15KevinL5275YuriTheCreatorlowpolygal 31 votes
Disabled
70%
EvalenHejixcarlystur03Jaline33suzsesaprilroseRflong7Jessa_DakkarSimsplyRuthGraceyManorAmphoraelanorbretonUmbralFloweryoashmoParydreamerz13sm28451JoAnne65cwaddelljillbg 74 votes

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited January 2019
    Enabled
    Currently, on my brand new awesome desktop computer, I have the Interactive Loading Screen Enabled. :) It's fun! :smiley:

Now...on my old desktop, I had to have it disabled because...it would be SO SLOW I could barely click on anything. And I think once it crashed my game having the ILS going while it was trying to load. :confused:

Bless you my old, wonderful 10 year old computer who did SO well running the Sims 3.

But yeah...no more will I have to endure your slowness! :p
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2019
    Enabled
    I like them,and forget which one it is but there is a object on it I cant find :s seriously have looked never found the object.

The Supernatural loading screen makes me sad :'( The one where the ghost dog is giving his paw :bawling:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Disabled
    I hear it increases loading time, so I disable it. I'm in the habit of loading a save and walking away from my computer long enough so that the game is loaded by the time I return. The interactive screen wouldn't benefit me anyways. I save with the game paused, and I think my NRaas mods load the game in pause mode regardless so I don't worry about my simn on free will unattended. :p I also play in a window so if I'm actually at my computer while the game loads my attention is on various websites (like this one) instead of the loading screen.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Disabled
    I tried the feature a few times when it first came out, but have had it disabled since. Besides loading times seeming to last a little longer, I don’t like to start a session using more resources than necessary, especially if I plan to play for a long time or in a long running save. I’m also just as likely to open a build-only save as not, where the extra LTR points wouldn’t matter.

But it’s nice that you can finally enjoy them, and congrats on the new comp! :)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited January 2019
    Disabled
    I haven't had it on for ages. I believe it does cause longer load time. When you start to see the same images time and time again it gets a bit boring... also I never spend LTH points anyway :lol:

I use this mod to spice up the first loading screen. I have mine currently set on Master Suite :smile:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Disabled
    It definitely increases load times, and mine drag on a bit already. I disabled this as soon as I knew that I could.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Disabled
    Disabled.Makes my game load quicker, I learned that from a guide trying to fix my lack of memory issue.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Disabled
    I played it at first. Made me realize how little I paid attention to the name of objects and trees in the game! ;D Eventually dropped it because I hate free aspiration points for my sims (I know, it's not a lot, but I'm sometimes a purist). I also didn't like how it tried to sell me stuff packs and store objects I didn't want.

Now, I like looking at the personalized backdrops of each world.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Enabled
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Disabled
    I'm having it disabled - after going through them a couple of times they became a little boring. And as I don't play, only set up pics, I don't really need the aspiration points :smirk:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    Disabled
    I use to keep it enabled but I felt it took longer to load so I disabled it.
    Enabled
    I didn't even think about it increasing loading times... :confused: That's good to know. :star:

And it made me realize how much I don't know the names of items and trees either. :lol:

For now I'm enjoying it because I wasn't able to before. :blush: But yeah with the same screens showing up, it'll definitely get boring after a while.

I've been playing a lot lately so the extra LTR points is nice, even though I have a mod that makes the LTRs cheap to purchase. :mrgreen:
    But yeah if I'm just going in to build or take pics, it would be pointless to work on getting the extra LTR points.......

Thanks for voting and for your comments everyone. :)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Enabled
    I hate loading screens that take longer than around 3 or 4 seconds. This feature keeps me from wanting to punch my monitor due to how long TS3 loading screens are.

I have considered disabling it, figuring it does slow down the loading...but then I remembered what it was like before there was this nice distraction for me and the risk to my monitor, so I have left it enabled. The loading screens take "too long" either way, at least this gives me something to do if I don't need to get a drink or pee.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Enabled
    Currently, I have it off because I do like reading the tips though that gets quite repetitive after awhile. However, the next time I play I might turn it back on because I do like looking at the screenshots while I wait and I do appreciate the set up in getting said screenshot and find it quite inspiring actually. Also, TS3 videos made by the team are really fun and interesting to watch too and again I can appreciate the effort and creativity that went into it. Actually, that's a part of the reason of what got me even more excited about EP's/SP's/Store Content or the game in general.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4FxE3t-7Aw

And to me, the Generations trailer is how I view The Sims as the core and is why I like the game so much. Especially, after what TS2 introduced to the series and TS3 made it even better to me. Though, always room for improvement but well...not ever I guess which is unfortunate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hajq1nwsAM

Oh, and my load times are already kind of long because it's a long running save with a lot of Sims who I had been playing for real life years so I don't really care. The same with saving, it takes some extra time but I usually take it as a reminder to get up to stretch and walk around for a bit.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Disabled
    I disabled it when I found out it increases the loading time. I use the same mod as @coco, it´s on Pets at the moment. :)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Disabled
    It was cute for a few times then drove me up a wall so it got disabled.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Disabled
    I used to play those games in the beginning but have since disabled them so that it takes less time to load up my game.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited January 2019
    Disabled
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I used to play those games in the beginning but have since disabled them so that it takes less time to load up my game.

That about sums it up for me, too. Besides, my game loads fast anyway, so I don't need something to do while it gets around to it.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Enabled
    @Deshong04 Those videos were GREAT! :smiley: Especially the Generations EP one. <3 Awwww! I'd never seen that!

As far as the interactive loading screen making it longer for the game to load up...all I know is my game loads faster than ever before on this new computer even with it Enabled so...I notice nothing but a positive difference! :p So, I'm keeping it for now. ;)

Although sometime I might try it Disabled to see if my game loads any faster! :mrgreen:

@coco I have used this mod for my first loading screen. :blush: Love it! :star:
    (I'm pretty sure the download link still works... :confused: I remember the page needed to be translated.)
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    Enabled
    I enjoy having it enabled because then I don't as bored while it loading, but maybe i'll disable it since people are saying it increases loading time so I don't know.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Enabled
    I enable it because its a great way to get extra lifetime points for babies, toddlers, and plumbots who don't normally get them easily.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Disabled
    I disabled mine, takes too long to load.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Disabled
    It's takes long enough for my game to load without having an interactive load screen, so I keep it disabled. If I ever get a decent computer, I might change it.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Disabled
    When loading my main game I´m doing something else, like putting a pizza in the oven, making a tea, putting dirty plates in the dishwasher and playing a few little games at my cellphone... it lasts aeons untill this game loads :s
    When I load a test game I don´t need it, either, because it loads so fast that I´m not able to search for more then 2 or three things in the loading screen.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    Enabled
    All the people saying they have it disabled for the sake of faster loading had me really curious as to just "How much" of a difference disabling it makes. I decided to get a stop watch and test loading the same save game with it enabled and disabled. I know I did the same test years ago when this feature was first added, but I couldn't recall the results...and I figured, so many people in this thread can't be wrong...can they?

I timed each one twice, to help eliminate just the random factor:

Enabled:
    Load 1: 2 minutes 49 seconds
    Load 2: 2 minutes 44 seconds

Disabled:
    Load 1: 2 minutes, 45 seconds
    Load 2: 2 minutes, 42 seconds

I'm definitely leaving it enabled; a time savings of 2-4 seconds over nearly 3 minutes just doesn't make it worth having absolutely nothing to do while waiting for the game to load. I guess I could read a book or something though.

I think if I wanted the game to load faster, the real time saver would be getting rid of all the CC and store content I use. Not going to happen!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods