Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect 2019 to be?

Comments

• EmweeEmwee Posts: 18 Member
    Love the idea of more hobbies as that might mean more clubs to join, public lots/attractions to build etc
  • mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd like to have:

- More gothic/magic packs and THE GRAVEYARD back!!!!.
    - A beach expansion pack.
    - Educational pack: not just University but schools.
    - A farming pack.
    - A food pack: more recipes, you can optionally set the game to just cook the ingredients you own and THE GROCERY STORE back!!!!
    - A leisure pack with more hobbies, sports (summer and winter), etc.
    - More vacation worlds, each one with different dishes, collectibles, decorations, etc.
    - A romance/love/date pack.

My main wish would be A bigger world to live (I'd prefer some cold place like Greenland, Iceland). If you add winter sports and some activities in the cold it would be awesome.
  • SpaceMonkeySimsSpaceMonkeySims Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m not really into the whole Magic/witch idea since Sims is a life simulation and since we don’t really have witches irl it just wouldn’t make sense.
    But I think for 2019 these would be pretty cool to have
    ~ Beach Pack - Surfing, Sunbathing etc.
    ~ Hotel - Basically we can run our own hotel, although we have holiday options there not very communal I feel and having sims staying in the hotel could add in some drama like maybe murders (Poirot if anyone knows what I’m talking about)
    But those are just my ideas
    Xx
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn’t be bothered if SP’s disappeared altogether. I’d rather have 2 EP’s a year and 1 GP.

Why not 2 Eps and 2 Gps? Without Stuffpacks that's very possible.

That would be the perfect number and amount of gameplay for me. But don't know if they could pull it off.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • evelinamarinaevelinamarina Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd really like a education EP, as many others do. I'd want it to focus on University, but I'd like there to be something for other educational stages too. Maybe more after school activities for the younger kids, and prom and cheerleading and stuff for high school. Maybe the option to choose one special subject for high school kids? I don't know.

I'd also love a vacation pack. But I'd prefer a winter themed one over a beach themed one, even if I want both. But we haven't had too much focus on winter in the previous games, so I think it's time. But I think I'd prefer both options to come in one pack, one winter vacation world and one beach vacation world. I'd love skiing, snowboarding, after skis, sledges and just more winter activities. Both the winter world and beach world could have hotels and the ability to rent cottages. And I really do miss the sims getting a tan/sunburn in the sun. That we need swimable water besides the pool goes without saying.

I love the idea of a hobbies pack though! That would be great. I'd love to see more skills and activities, especially more activities for elders and teens.

But overall I'd like more traits and aspirations. They don't have to differ much from the ones we already have, but as it is right now, it feels like all of my sims are more or less the same. And that's insanely boring.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    50s/60s/70s/80s EP

Farming EP

Industrial GP

University GP

County Fair/Amusement Park EP

Witches GP

Tropical Vacation GP

Winter Fun GP

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    > @Busufu said:
    > Witches, Fairies, Mermaids.
    > But most important thing: HORSES!

I agree with this! I was really disappointed when we got our 'pets' iteration fo S4 and it was literally just cats and dogs. I used to love having my own stables and being overrun with horses :')
    > @Madachan88 said:
    > Magic I really want magic back please Maxis made it happen. :'(
    > Beach Vacation/World
    > More Jobs for my Sims
    > And a Band Music Pack (why wasn't that included in Get Famous)
    > Modeling Fashion Pack (same as above) :/

I think more jobs is really important to keep things vibrant. I was playing yesterday and I really struggled to select a career for my newest sim because I've just done them all now... They don't necessarily have to be playable jobs, but I do like the ones where you can opt to work from home. I doubt there will be a pack dedicated to this though because we already had Get to Work.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I’m not really into the whole Magic/witch idea since Sims is a life simulation and since we don’t really have witches irl it just wouldn’t make sense.

Magic was a part of the Sims since Sims 1. Sims games were never a perfect copy of real life, and they were boring if they were.
    If you want to play your game in a realistic way, then just don't buy those packs that offer "Unrealistic" content such as drinks that make you flirty or food that brings people back from the dead. Oh, wait, the last one is in the base game.
    If you want your game to be realistic, fine. But there are a lot of Simmers who play the game for it's supernatural or sci-fi or silly elements. Have some respect.
    I am not complaining about Get Famous being a thing either. I also don't post anywhere that they shouldn't do University because I don't like it.
    I don't do that, and I don't see that often by Supernatural players, so why is it that some realism players just keep posting that the Devs should leave that stuff out? (To be fair, I once said that I wouldn't be angry if they skipped Pets and never added Animals to Sims 4, but I never said that they shouldn't do it, or that it would be bad for the game if they added animals. Just that I wouldn't mind not having them.) Leaving it out would 1. break with traditions, as every previous iteration had it, and 2. deny a large part of the community the Content they love.

Also, have you ever heard of Wicca? Some of those get really insulted when someone tells them Witches don't exist.
    Wiccans and other less well-known groups refer to themselves as Witches.
    Saying Witches don't exist because you don't believe in Magic is like saying Christians don't exist because you don't believe in God.
    There are over two Billion Christians, regardless of if their God exists or not.

If Witches come out, don't buy the pack.
    I don't think you bought Vampires either. (Yes, people who identify as Vampires and consensually drink other's blood do exist too)
    And if you did, it probably was for the World or the objects. And in that case, you wanted whatever it was you wanted more than you didn't want Vampires in your Game, and made your Decision.
  • AshariaAsharia Posts: 45 Member
    I would like it if new animals are added. Birds and lizards as in older parts. Or a fantasy pack like Hokus Pocus at Sims1 where magical animals are added like the dragons. More attitudes in the Cas with animals would be also not bad.
    A pack of new destinations would not be bad. I liked the travel locations and features of the pack of Sims 3.
    More fantasy "races" like witches where you can make magic duels again.
    And University Life! Please, I loved this pack.
    Sims & Pet Creator ♥ Origin ID: Asharia • My The Sims 4 Gallery PageSimblr AshariaArtTwitter AshariaArt
    DvojfeBWsAESqVD.jpg:large
    I’m not sure where this would fit in (probably would have been good for City Life) but I’m DYING for roommates again. I used to love that feature.... maybe in a University pack?
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The men's fashion from post one is a good idea. I'm so bad at styling men.

Maybe hobbies then. Just stuff to do on free time.

Also one big thing for me: satisfaction points! Make them useful. Maybe it's just my play style but I wish we had no permanent rewards. I really like goal oriented gamestyle. Then it would really make the whims matter. You'd constantly have to fulfill them to gain points to buy rewards. Right now I hardly ever get anything cause no going to the toilet or no sleeping takes away from the gameplay for me. I don't want those traits permanently. Just one time thing would be better for me. Some could last a few days or so then.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Witches have been in The Sims (last EP of TS1) before Seasons was implemented (TS2). So..
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited December 2018
    What do I expect?

Nothing, because that way you can't get disappointed.

Honestly I just wait and see what comes. The times have been long gone when I was sitting waiting all excited for new content. So far the Sims 4 has not captured me in a way the other games did, so yes, I lowered my expectations by a ton.

What do I want?

- Witches
    - A Generations type of pack with more stuff for every life stage (Strollers, Canes, Hobbies, Baby Overhaul etc.)
    - More Build tools like U/L/Spiral shaped stairs
    - Cars and Garages
    - And more overhauls to the game such as making traits have more impact on the gameplay, adding favorites/zodiac signs etc.
    - Make Teens Teens again. !Make them shorter! (which they probably will never do).

Probably forgot some stuff but these things are my personal most wanted things.

• Topher8907Topher8907 Posts: 10 New Member
    I was really hoping for a theme park world. With 3 areas of the park each a 64x64 or at least very large. One for rides, one for games and one for shows and attractions or something where we don't have to load each ride or each place in the park. There could even be a monorail or tram to take guests around the park. They could have an animal area like a zoo. And obviously this would be a vacation world so there would be a nice hotel to rent in that world as well. I'm thinking something very obviously a parody of Disney or universal but using sim related content as the themes. I think this would be awesome
  • LucasWebster2004LucasWebster2004 Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims 4 Wishlist for 2019 is

Expansion packs
    1 (Education time) Where you can bulid and send you sims to college, University, primary school for children, High school for teens, and send your toddlers to nursery. And plus you could make a teacher career. And you could even send your teachers to school with their classlearners which would bring a lot of fun to the game!

2 (Halloween Wishes) Where you can make your own castles and live as whiches with broom sticks and fly across to different houses to bring cartoon to the game!

3 (Summer holiday’s) Where you can send your sims to the airport with their passport and suitcase and bring planes to the game and send them abroad to a hot world with open beaches for your sim to swim in the sea, make your own hotel with a reception and rooms and stuff. Plus make a brand new world with resorts. An grow pineapples and hot fruits!

Game packs

1 (Freetime) Hobby time where your sims can knit clothes, play football, play at a indoor play barn, Become pub owners and serve sims drinks and snacks, have dance clubs and teach your sims moves. And own food banks for homeless people! And become Farm owners and milk cows and give people fresh dairy.

2 (Promenade time) where sims can go to a world like Blackpool and go by the beach, swim in it, own your own ice cream van, Make Blackpool Tower and Let your sims look high up, and make a pier with a cafe and some fun fair activities! Plus own your own supermarket like Asda or Sainsburys’s and let your sims go in and buy food.

3 (YouTube Stars) Whee your sims can do videos on computers and on their phone and do live-streams, playing games, slime or colouring videos or even do a video at a cafe!

There are my wishes for the sims 4!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    My Sims 4 Wishlist for 2019 is

Expansion packs
    1 (Education time) Where you can bulid and send you sims to college, University, primary school for children, High school for teens, and send your toddlers to nursery. And plus you could make a teacher career. And you could even send your teachers to school with their classlearners which would bring a lot of fun to the game!

2 (Halloween Wishes) Where you can make your own castles and live as whiches with broom sticks and fly across to different houses to bring cartoon to the game!

3 (Summer holiday’s) Where you can send your sims to the airport with their passport and suitcase and bring planes to the game and send them abroad to a hot world with open beaches for your sim to swim in the sea, make your own hotel with a reception and rooms and stuff. Plus make a brand new world with resorts. An grow pineapples and hot fruits!

Game packs

1 (Freetime) Hobby time where your sims can knit clothes, play football, play at a indoor play barn, Become pub owners and serve sims drinks and snacks, have dance clubs and teach your sims moves. And own food banks for homeless people! And become Farm owners and milk cows and give people fresh dairy.

2 (Promenade time) where sims can go to a world like Blackpool and go by the beach, swim in it, own your own ice cream van, Make Blackpool Tower and Let your sims look high up, and make a pier with a cafe and some fun fair activities! Plus own your own supermarket like Asda or Sainsburys’s and let your sims go in and buy food.

3 (YouTube Stars) Whee your sims can do videos on computers and on their phone and do live-streams, playing games, slime or colouring videos or even do a video at a cafe!

There are my wishes for the sims 4!

Would be an awesome year if we got even half of this.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Daaaaaang all of these are good ideas. Let me see.........

1. A stuff pack geared towards teens. Please make the teens less identical to the adults!!
    2. Supernatural ep (hinted by the recent teaser)
    3. An off the grid living game pack.
    4. A stuff pack containing a slew of landscape items... come on EA.
    5. Summer camp themed ep (think of a show like Craig of the Creek which has a similar setup)
    6. A game pack that is similar to TS2: Freetime
    Oh hamburgers!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited January 2019
    Given that SimGuruNinja dropped some time traveling related hints, I'd say a Future themed EP. I'll admit, not too excited for that but I think others might be though.
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    Would definitely love to see a University pack, it would be cool if they could make a boarding school we could send the kids to as well with it!
    Given that SimGuruNinja dropped some time traveling related hints, I'd say a Future themed EP. I'll admit, not too excited for that but I think others might be though.
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Daaaaaang all of these are good ideas. Let me see.........

1. A stuff pack geared towards teens. Please make the teens less identical to the adults!!
    2. Supernatural ep (hinted by the recent teaser)
    3. An off the grid living game pack.
    4. A stuff pack containing a slew of landscape items... come on EA.
    5. Summer camp themed ep (think of a show like Craig of the Creek which has a similar setup)
    6. A game pack that is similar to TS2: Freetime

You two speak of hints. (Time travel and supernatural)
    What Exactly do you mean? Where are the Hints?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This year I predict we will get either a Witch GP or a Tropical vacation/Beach GP in the spring, and a University/Education EP called "Back To School" or something similar. We'll get one last Stuff Pack sometime in between those.
    mika wrote: »
    This year I predict we will get either a Witch GP or a Tropical vacation/Beach GP in the spring, and a University/Education EP called "Back To School" or something similar. We'll get one last Stuff Pack sometime in between those.

As much as I'd love that to be true, I think if Witches come out this year, it will be at a later point, like in September or later.
    I do think we get a different GP before that, but for Witches, based on when the twitter poll was, spring or early summer is too early. Late summer or Fall, perhaps even later is my guess. But I do hope I'm wrong and it comes before that.
  • ElokaEloka Posts: 184 Member
    Overall I'd love to get witches and University before anything else. I've kind of given up on my dream of a farm life game pack, I just don't think it's workable.

For those of you who are desperate for witches now here is http://sims4studio.com/thread/14779/art-magic a great mod, having a lot of fun. Also littlemisssam has a more herbalism recipes mod on her page.