Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't download anything from Kewai-Dou's website :(

CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
I'm trying to download a sims 3 hair but I keep getting a 403 error and the page said something about a referer and allowing page redirects...not sure what the referer thing is about. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone been able to solve this issue?
mj4do4.gif

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    No, the site is broken. A helpful player at MTS set up a Mega download with all of the content that she had from that site just the other day.
    (edit: removed link)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    No, the site is broken. A helpful player at MTS set up a Mega download with all of the content that she had from that site just the other day.
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605644

Yay! I love Kewai-Dou's hairstyles and it's great that they aren't lost forever. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazor wrote: »
    http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=605644

Omg thanks! Looks like you're great for more than just NRaas info lol
    mj4do4.gif
    edited January 2018
    In case others are following along or come across this thread later, the link I provided above originally won't be helpful anymore. Kewai-Dou returned and fixed their website so that things are downloadable again and the helpful MTS member then removed the Mega upload as the developer requested. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • realitydaughterrealitydaughter Posts: 2 New Member
    the site isn't fixed for me. is there any way i can download the studio lights?
    edited March 2018
    the site isn't fixed for me. is there any way i can download the studio lights?
    Just took another look. First the site made me disable my ad-blocker (fair enough). Then I had to wait for the Adfly countdown to complete before I could proceed to the download. Then I got informed about six different ways that my computer has viruses, my credit cards are all being stolen, my Facebook page is being hacked into, I think something about the milk in my refrigerator is going sour (might be making that part up), and I have to call this number right away to fix it. Had to force quit my browser to get out of all of that.

I'm used to download server minefields like that but I hadn't clicked on anything to actually do a download yet. None of that is the developer's fault directly. But I don't care how nice their content is or how talented they are. If they aren't capable of making it available properly without all the nonsense that their current host puts up, sorry I just wouldn't want it.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor Sour milk is just too much! I can never visit that site because I need milk for my tea!
  • realitydaughterrealitydaughter Posts: 2 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > realitydaughter wrote: »
    >
    > the site isn't fixed for me. is there any way i can download the studio lights?
    >
    >
    >
    > Just took another look. First the site made me disable my ad-blocker (fair enough). Then I had to wait for the Adfly countdown to complete before I could proceed to the download. Then I got informed about six different ways that my computer has viruses, my credit cards are all being stolen, my Facebook page is being hacked into, I think something about the milk in my refrigerator is going sour (might be making that part up), and I have to call this number right away to fix it. Had to force quit my browser to get out of all of that.
    >
    > I'm used to download server minefields like that but I hadn't clicked on anything to actually do a download yet. None of that is the developer's fault directly. But I don't care how nice their content is or how talented they are. If they aren't capable of making it available properly without all the nonsense that their current host puts up, sorry I just wouldn't want it.

yeah that is so true. i found an alternative, thanks for replying!
  • seyakseyak Posts: 1 New Member
    > @realitydaughter said:
    > > @igazor said:
    > > realitydaughter wrote: »
    > >
    > > the site isn't fixed for me. is there any way i can download the studio lights?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Just took another look. First the site made me disable my ad-blocker (fair enough). Then I had to wait for the Adfly countdown to complete before I could proceed to the download. Then I got informed about six different ways that my computer has viruses, my credit cards are all being stolen, my Facebook page is being hacked into, I think something about the milk in my refrigerator is going sour (might be making that part up), and I have to call this number right away to fix it. Had to force quit my browser to get out of all of that.
    > >
    > > I'm used to download server minefields like that but I hadn't clicked on anything to actually do a download yet. None of that is the developer's fault directly. But I don't care how nice their content is or how talented they are. If they aren't capable of making it available properly without all the nonsense that their current host puts up, sorry I just wouldn't want it.
    >
    > yeah that is so true. i found an alternative, thanks for replying!

Whats your alternative? Iv been trying to download it and trying so many things :(
  • brickmasterbrickmaster Posts: 1 New Member
    > @seyak said:
    > > @realitydaughter said:
    > > > @igazor said:
    > > > realitydaughter wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > the site isn't fixed for me. is there any way i can download the studio lights?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Just took another look. First the site made me disable my ad-blocker (fair enough). Then I had to wait for the Adfly countdown to complete before I could proceed to the download. Then I got informed about six different ways that my computer has viruses, my credit cards are all being stolen, my Facebook page is being hacked into, I think something about the milk in my refrigerator is going sour (might be making that part up), and I have to call this number right away to fix it. Had to force quit my browser to get out of all of that.
    > > >
    > > > I'm used to download server minefields like that but I hadn't clicked on anything to actually do a download yet. None of that is the developer's fault directly. But I don't care how nice their content is or how talented they are. If they aren't capable of making it available properly without all the nonsense that their current host puts up, sorry I just wouldn't want it.
    > >
    > > yeah that is so true. i found an alternative, thanks for replying!
    >
    > Whats your alternative? Iv been trying to download it and trying so many things :(

Yes, please give us your link! I have been looking EVERYWHERE with no results :(