Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last book you've read?

Comments

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Turtles all the way down by John Green
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    mika wrote: »
    The Hate U Give. Great book about police brutality and racism African Americans face in modern America

Love that book.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    Me Before You. I Recommend 100000000000% and then the movie.
    xbeou9.jpg
  • eterhniteeterhnite Posts: 26 Member
    The last book I read was the first book from A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • WillowTree07WillowTree07 Posts: 8 New Member
    The last book I read was the sixth book of Keeper of the Lost Cities. (Nightfall)
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    The last book (not play) I read was A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I did a presentation on it for my university class, and I really enjoyed it! It's about a plethora of characters and how their lives intersect/continue anachronistically.
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    The Haunting of Hill House - Shirley Jackson. Completely different from the Netflix show, which was really good. A few people mentioned the book is excellent so had to give it a go.
  • megalodonsimmermegalodonsimmer Posts: 150 Member
    Miracle Man by Glenn Gannon. It's his memoir about growing up in Dublin, Ireland and becoming homeless and coming back from it. I was even able to meet the author and he's wonderful. I couldn't recommend it more.
    FaUPP49.jpg
    EA Origin ID: megalodonlive
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    "Animal Farm". It's great.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen

It's a really good book. Here's the Amazon synopsis about it:
    It was the summer on Vliet Street when we all started locking our doors...

Sally O'Malley made a promise to her daddy before he died. She swore she'd look after her sister, Troo. Keep her safe. But like her Granny always said-actions speak louder than words. Now, during the summer of 1959, the girls' mother is hospitalized, their stepfather has abandoned them for a six pack, and their big sister, Nell, is too busy making out with her boyfriend to notice that Sally and Troo are on the Loose. And so is a murderer and 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Highly imaginative Sally is pretty sure of two things. Who the killer is. And that she's next on his list. Now she has no choice but to protect herself and Troo as best she can, relying on her own courage and the kindness of her neighbors.

I'm actually still reading it. I found it in a box of my Mother's belongings after she passed away.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    The One Device: A Secret History of the iPhone
  • deadnarudeadnaru Posts: 14 New Member
    Juniper Berry, the author is M. P. Kozlowsky.
  • sabby33sabby33 Posts: 17 Member
    I just finished American Vampire by Jennifer Armintroute. It was ok, different. the next book on my list is the passage by Josh cronin
  • tglee19tglee19 Posts: 32 Member
    Les Miserables. A book that goes well with Christmas.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    The last book I read was Trials of Apollo: The Burning Maze (Book 3) by Rick Riordan. It's in the same universe as Percy Jackson and it's about how the Greek god Apollo was turned into a mortal by Zeus. I just finished it and I'm patiently waiting for the 4th book in Fall of 2019.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    The last book I read was the first book from A Series of Unfortunate Events

Oooh! I love that series. Definitely recommend.
  • Jessithesimmer01Jessithesimmer01 Posts: 10 New Member
    The girl of his dreams 😇
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    xKay_luvx wrote: »
    I'm actually signed up for Book of the Month which is basically what it sounds like. A monthly subscription box for books. The last one I finished reading was my April book which was Circe by Madeline Miller. I'm still reading my May book, Still Lives: A Novel by Maria Hummel. I got my June book which is called The Anomaly by Michael Rutger but I haven't started reading it yet.

The Anomaly is really good, if you haven't read it yet.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Charlotte Link
    Das andere Kind
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • PlushPlush Posts: 48 Member
    Warrior Cats
  • PastelPotatoesPastelPotatoes Posts: 1 New Member
    The last book i read was "Boy Erased"
  • BumbledashBumbledash Posts: 45 Member
    For me it was Divergent, forgot who the author is
  • SinilitySinility Posts: 31 Member
    Stardust was the last book I read. It was my book club's choice of the month for December. This month it's An American Marriage - For those older simmers out there ;)
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Sinility Stardust!! I love that book! I saw the movie before I read the book, and when I discovered it was a book I freaked out. They're a bit different from each other, but I adore them both. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

I can't remember the last book I completed reading for fun, since I was doing a ton of reading and other work for school. My 2019 resolution is to finish more books for fun. So all I can list here is that I'm currently working through Jane Austen's Emma; Leonardo da Vinci, a biography by Walter Isaacson; and The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair, which is a book about the perception, names, and uses of certain colors throughout history and sometimes even in different cultures. It's so fascinating.
  • SinilitySinility Posts: 31 Member
    @luxsylvan I loved it! It was such a great read! I am trying to find time to sit and watch the movie. Stardust will certainly be in my book rotation, for sure.

I love reading! I enjoy being part of a book club (just some friends from work). It has encouraged me to read things I would not normally choose for myself. I hope you can stick with your resolution!

The Secret Lives of Color sounds really interesting, i am going to check it out.