Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where can I get CC?

I need some sites where you guys get your cc. And what is the program that you have to get to download it?

If I can get it off the exchange, who has it? ( preferred)

Comments

• Krissi184Krissi184 Posts: 385
    edited May 2011
    bump for websites!
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2011
    mysims3blog.blogspot.com
    sims3updates.net

The first is better, but they both list a bunch of cc finds and links to CC sites.

To unzip the files you need 7zip or something similar. Lots of people i think use winzip.

It can come on sims in the exchange but i don't know who all has it on their sims.
  • NiaburNiabur Posts: 5,773 New Member
    edited May 2011
    There is quite alot of sites to get some CC:

modthesims
    peggyzone
    xmsims
    lianasims3
    newsea

and plenty more! The programme you would probably need would be WINRAR or 7ZIP, to "unzip" some of the files into packages.

Heres the way i learnt how to get the right files and where to put CC, (pasted from peggyzone)

Install:
    Your download file will include(from peggyzone): .package files(the face files) and Resource.cfg file. Please install as the following explanation.
    1) Put the Resource.cfg to your root Sims 3 folder. For example, if you installed Sims 3 to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3, that is your root Sims 3 folder. If you installed it elsewhere, change the following paths to reflect your install location. If there exists the Resource.cfg file in your root Sims 3 folder, you will NOT need to recover it.
    2) Please create a new file folder named Mods in your root Sims 3 folder, then create another folder named Packages in Mods.
    3) Then put .package in that folder ( C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages ) and the game will recognize it.
    4) If the mod can not show in the game when it is installed according to the following instructions, please DELETE the temporary files in My Document\Electronic Arts\The Sims3. ( TIPS: 1. This catalogue is different from the one of installing MODs. 2. XXXXCache.package is temporary file. )

Or if you download from places like newsea(sims3pack file), you open the compressed file and right click and click "open", which should send them to launcher where you can just install like normal things, hope this helps abit! ^-^

EDIT: You do not need to place the resource.cfg file everytime you download something, just having one is enough!
  • Gym_Girl101Gym_Girl101 Posts: 54 Member
    My favourite website is the sims resource because it has an easy way of downloading the cc and has some amazing cc. If you choose to get cc from the sims resource, you will click a button saying download then it will download, then after that you’ll need to transfer it into a folder called mods. To get to that folder you’ll have to go to electronic arts then the sims 4 then mods. Just drag your cc into the folder. Hope I could help :)
    Oh and also you don’t need an app to download your cc just the website the sims resource
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    My favourite website is the sims resource because it has an easy way of downloading the cc and has some amazing cc. If you choose to get cc from the sims resource, you will click a button saying download then it will download, then after that you’ll need to transfer it into a folder called mods. To get to that folder you’ll have to go to electronic arts then the sims 4 then mods. Just drag your cc into the folder. Hope I could help :)

@Gym_Girl101, I see that you play TS4 and posting in a TS3 thread about CC. Installing CC in TS4 is a bit different than TS3 as TS4 already has a built in Mods folder whereas TS3, the player needs to create a Mods folder and install the Resource.cfg file for the CC to work... ;)
    @lisasc360 I see what you mean but if you were to search how to get custom content from the sims resource TS3 you should be able to find a video on it, because the sims resource has cc for sims 3 and 4. Hope I could help :)
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing necro'd thread. Please be mindful of bumping older discussions.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top