Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your New Year's Resolution As Far As Time Spent Simming?

Now that the new year is here, I'm wondering if people are rethinking the amount of time they spend gaming, specifically the amount of time spent playing The Sims. So, let's find out! In 2019, do you plan to spend more time playing The Sims, less time playing The Sims, or just keep it the same?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

What's Your New Year's Resolution As Far As Time Spent Simming? 37 votes

Spend More Time Simming (school and jobs are for losers)
18%
invisiblgirlorangehippogriffTLM08EnkiSchmidtsimwolfPlumDiddyJasonschick80 7 votes
Spend Less Time Simming (I reeeeeeeeeally need to cut back)
16%
Bagoas77taydevLadyLana1birdonawireSeklein112QueenofMyshuno 6 votes
Spend the Same Amount of Time (I'm just going to keep doing what I do)
64%
icmnfrshKita5399HejixVibseWritin_RegIsb917BloosmooAnmirlacatloverplayerSamsonguy9000Karababy52sillyangel0906BerryCharmingmusteniRedShoe7CorenrenThePinkBookGirlShadyLady89Madachan88GamingTweety 24 votes

Comments

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Actually, I have several game play ideas that I want to start pursuing and several saves that I have big plans for. So, mayyyyybe a little increase in playing now that I have more time :smiley: But at least still enjoying it as I am.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    About the same though I'm sharing sims times with other games like Marvel SpiderMan and soon Ace Combat 7.
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I just got a new computer, so I am hoping to spend more time. My old computer was so slow and glitchy that playing became almost unbearable towards the end of the year. So hopefully now I will be able to play more since it doesn't take forever to load, and my game doesn't pause for multiple minutes all the time.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Definitely more time. I'm spending too much time on phone games and also on blogging sims stories instead of actually playing the game.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I've been reading so many books recently that I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it as much. So I really want to just play more sims this year :)
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My husband was wonderful enough to buy me a gaming rig for Christmas and since it's my first ever gaming pc I'm sure I'll be spending tons of time playing. I spent a good portion of the day recreating my sims on my PS4 into my pc game.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    My simming time honestly went up before the New Year with the addition of Get Famous. I'm not sure it will go down as I have some things I want to explore yet. I had to laugh at myself the other day, as I fell in love with a lot shared by @LadyKyn , Cozy Starter Home. But it included content from a Game Pack I had no plans to get up to then, Parenthood. But once I placed the lot I knew I needed that content to enjoy the lot as it should. So I broke down and got Parenthood, which was on sale at the time, and have not regretted it. The new social interactions from that pack add a lot of new flavor to the game that's definitely kept me going. So, thank you, @LadyKyn
    Now, if you will excuse me, I will continue my research in finding ways to break the celebrity barrier when your sim is not a celebrity. So far I have found only one effective way, and you have to be real patient, and that is by sitting at a bar in a celebrity hotspot long enough for a celebrity to initiate a conversation.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I've been reading so many books recently that I'm finding that I'm not enjoying it as much. So I really want to just play more sims this year :)

You might just feel the desire to recreate some memorable characters from those books in the Sims. Don't resist it.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited January 2019
    Spend Less Time Simming (I reeeeeeeeeally need to cut back)
    Spend less time simming, but with more efficiency.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm planning to quit my job and play Sims full time. What mortgage?

But seriously, my job's taken over my life in the past year, and I really do need to spend fewer Saturdays working and more time goofing off. (I could clean my real house, but it's much more fun to clean my Sims' house.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Playing as usual and buying interesting packs.