Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow. Just found a way to totally improve sim conversations

If you use Scumbumbo's great Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAM) there's a neat trick. If you click on the ground and choose control autonomy, then search all interactions, and do a search for "chat", on page two (in my game, anyway) there is something called idle_chatting_stc. If you disable it, they suddenly stop doing all that useless babbling that does nothing but fill time between the rare actual interactions like jokes, brighten day, etc. I really kind of figured this would cause them to just stop talking quickly, but instead they keep choosing new REAL social interactions, one after the other. I have to try it for a while to see if there is some downside to it, but so far it plays like a whole new game (well, the social part, anyway).

Comments

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    If you use Scumbumbo's great Self-Configurable Autonomy Mod (SCAM) there's a neat trick. If you click on the ground and choose control autonomy, then search all interactions, and do a search for "chat", on page two (in my game, anyway) there is something called idle_chatting_stc. If you disable it, they suddenly stop doing all that useless babbling that does nothing but fill time between the rare actual interactions like jokes, brighten day, etc. I really kind of figured this would cause them to just stop talking quickly, but instead they keep choosing new REAL social interactions, one after the other. I have to try it for a while to see if there is some downside to it, but so far it plays like a whole new game (well, the social part, anyway).

Indeed, that mod is fantastic to tune Sims to behave logically and meaningfully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    There’s a mod called Have Some Personality Please that achieves the same thing and much more.

I can’t play without it.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited December 2018
    I just tried this out and yes it makes thing alot more lively not only for my active sim but townies as well. Before I had to pick almost all my sims socials because they took to long in choosing the next social but now it's one after the other and relationships are forming much faster now.

I may give that "Have Some Personality" mod and see how that works out.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have that Have Some Personality mod too and I do not play without it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    So_Money wrote: »
    There’s a mod called Have Some Personality Please that achieves the same thing and much more.

I can’t play without it.

I'm not keen on mods but this seems like a necessary evil to make TS4 sims actually enjoyable, I'm going to get it. It's really sad how we have been complaining about the interactions and sim personalities for years and guru's haven't even pulled a single string in order to improve things. And then this mod shows up. Here to modders <3
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member

I can’t play without it.

Wasn't aware of that mod; but it does do the same thing with the idle chat. I play with so many other mods that I'll stick to amping it with SCAM, though, just because of the extra bells and whistles the personality one has. Could be some conflicts with some of mine.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    does this ''Have Some Personality Please'' Mod work without the requird DLCs?
    PreCiious wrote: »
    does this ''Have Some Personality Please'' Mod work without the requird DLCs?

If you don’t have certain DLC you simply won’t have the edited interactions from that DLC. Otherwise it should be fine.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    This improved my game greatly.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I might have to try this. Don't need it for regular game play, but it sounds like something I could benefit from when making movies. With the random chat I often have to record tons of sessions before I get the temperature and mood that I'm looking for to match the story. Thanks for this advice!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    There seems to be one risky aspect. Since there is less idle chatter, the sims with negative traits will use mean actions more often. I had one couple that went from full friend/romantic to negative relationship levels within minutes because one of them had the mean trait.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    There seems to be one risky aspect. Since there is less idle chatter, the sims with negative traits will use mean actions more often. I had one couple that went from full friend/romantic to negative relationship levels within minutes because one of them had the mean trait.

Yes, it definitely makes things more lively. But I have to say I like it; there is just WAY too much time spent by sims in the game doing absolutely nothing useful.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I personally like the way it is, because the social interaction such as brighten days, gossips, etc took only short time and mostly use the same animations that doesnt feel like they are conversating, unlike the previous game where you can discuss interest and they were really discussing. I just hope the idle chatter would have any meaningful effects though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I just hope the idle chatter would have any meaningful effects though.

Agreed. It does continue to fill your sim's social need bar, right? Just no actual impact on their relationship with who their talking to? Makes it tough to manage social gatherings where you're playing a few sims and want them all to be actively increasing friendships with who they're talking to.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

I can’t play without it.

does that conflict with McC and can you just install all the files ?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    ladybreid wrote: »

I can’t play without it.

does that conflict with McC and can you just install all the files ?

It works fine with MCCC. All you have to do is download the main file (the top one in the files list). The other files are for specific tastes/needs. Read the information on the page to see if you want any of those.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2020

I can’t play without it.

I used to use that mod too but not any more because my sims start to be flirty with other sims with this mod even though I have no autonomous flirty, enchant interaction mod. I don't like to see any free will love affair in my game. Other than this, it's great mod. I agree.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I installed this mod last night and my what a difference. This is a really good mod! Thanks to the thread for pointing that out!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.