Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mpart's Builds

124...Next

Comments

• MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I hope that your Graveyard build goes well :) It was great to read the results of the poll.

Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun building it. :)
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
    Graveyard

*Main post is already updated*

QNwXHWw.jpg

jbFo19e.jpg

ECQ0oYT.jpg

F8zhmQA.jpg

meUekMT.jpg

Hi guys! Happy Halloween! This is the lot that won the October poll. It’s a graveyard built on a 40x40 lot in Moonlight Falls. Several of the ghosts on this lot are mine, though I have thrown in dead townies from Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls. This lot was made with store content.
    I was going to do a story build like Jude suggested but sadly didn't have the time. :(

Download link is here - https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/179603626219/graveyard
    t2W9HAW.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    The Graveyard looks great! :) The bridge looks great over the pond! The lights at the ends of the bridge look great. The tombstones are nice placed through the build areas and the flowers are a pretty touch on them.
    It is a very nice place to remember Sims who have passed away <3
    The Graveyard looks great! :) The bridge looks great over the pond! The lights at the ends of the bridge look great. The tombstones are nice placed through the build areas and the flowers are a pretty touch on them.
    It is a very nice place to remember Sims who have passed away <3

Thank you! I struggled a bit with the bridge. I wanted to make it arched but sadly the building cheats weren't working with me. Awwww! Thank you for noticing the small details. I know I have said that before, but I truly appreciate it. <3
    t2W9HAW.png

The November poll is up! All information is in the post :)

https://mpartsbuilds.tumblr.com/post/179808347854/november-poll
    t2W9HAW.png

• Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I've voted. It was a tough choice as i'd like to see them all haha
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    Lilypink79 wrote: »
    I've voted. It was a tough choice as i'd like to see them all haha

Awww! This made my day a lot better. Thanks for voting! I hope you like the build :)
    t2W9HAW.png

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Okay, late to the party. I was "offline" most of October. Just hadn't been signing in. I think the bridge is great, but I especially love the use of the red lighting. And who doesn't appreciate a little life fruit when hanging out in a graveyard?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Okay, late to the party. I was "offline" most of October. Just hadn't been signing in. I think the bridge is great, but I especially love the use of the red lighting. And who doesn't appreciate a little life fruit when hanging out in a graveyard?

I completely understand that. Life has been so busy lately!
    Thank you. I felt it matched the environment well. I loved how the pictures turned out with it. You're right! A little life fruit goes a long way.
    t2W9HAW.png

Hey guys I'll be taking a hiatus as my life is really busy right now. There will be no December poll and the November one is currently tied so it'll be up until that changes. I'm burnt out on building and need to take a break. I'll be releasing the November poll build after that. I still need to post my Version 1 Festival Lot and then you probably won't see builds for a bit. Thank you guys for all the kind comments and support. I appreciate. <3
    t2W9HAW.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    It is best that you take a break from building. You can come back later if you would like to , when your real life isn’t as busy. You want to enjoy the time when you are simming, so taking a break from simming can be beneficial.
    I agree with Rose; it's about enjoying the game. I know that I am in a creative slump. But I am playing again, so there is that! Enjoy your time off and I look forward to when your muse returns. (And mine!)
    aka Jude

My Studio

It is best that you take a break from building. You can come back later if you would like to , when your real life isn’t as busy. You want to enjoy the time when you are simming, so taking a break from simming can be beneficial.

Thank you for all your support ever since the first build. I really appreciate it and I know you go out of your way. Thank you again. :)
    I agree with Rose; it's about enjoying the game. I know that I am in a creative slump. But I am playing again, so there is that! Enjoy your time off and I look forward to when your muse returns. (And mine!)

Definitely! That's great! My muse has decided to take a different direction, but I do look forward to seeing your next builds! Take your time. :) Thank you for all your support on my builds. You've been here as long as Rose and your guys's comments have always brightened my day.
    t2W9HAW.png

edited January 2019
    Hi guys! I know this is coming as a surprise and I’m sorry about it. Building in the sims 3 has brought me a lot of joy, but I‘ve decided to go on an indefinite hiatus. I may come back to it, but chances are so far that I will not. Thank you all so, so much for the support. I really appreciate it and I will not forget it moving forward.
    I'm really sorry about the November build and hope I haven't stepped on any toes!

Sincerely,

Mpart
    t2W9HAW.png

edited January 2019
    Speaking for myself, no toes stepped on. This is supposed to be a place to share what you've created. If you are moving on, that is totally understandable. I will miss seeing your work, of course. So, is your creativity moving in a new direction, or is life just redirecting your energy? If you don't mind sharing.

I know I have many people "suggesting" that I put my energy into more solid creations. I do paper craft called quilling, and have a couple projects sitting unfinished. I'm also "supposed" to be picking up my piano lessons from where I left off years ago. Unfortunately, as of right now, no muse has appeared for any of these outlets. I do hope one surfaces soon. It feels like my creativity is a stagnant pool in my soul just waiting for at least a ripple to disturb its surface!
    aka Jude

My Studio

Speaking for myself, no toes stepped on. This is supposed to be a place to share what you've created. If you are moving on, that is totally understandable. I will miss seeing your work, of course. So, is your creativity moving in a new direction, or is life just redirecting your energy? If you don't mind sharing.

I know I have many people "suggesting" that I put my energy into more solid creations. I do paper craft called quilling, and have a couple projects sitting unfinished. I'm also "supposed" to be picking up my piano lessons from where I left off years ago. Unfortunately, as of right now, no muse has appeared for any of these outlets. I do hope one surfaces soon. It feels like my creativity is a stagnant pool in my soul just waiting for at least a ripple to disturb its surface!

Thank you so much! It's a bit of both actually. I'm moving onto a new chapter in my life and have found myself focusing on several other hobbies. One of them is art which is surprising to me.
    As for putting more energy into "solid" creations, I say do what you love. For me, I always have to have at least 3 hobbies or I'll burn myself out too much. I jump from one hobby to another. I completely understand the feeling! My advice would be to try something new and even if you aren't the best at it, see if it makes you happy. That's what matters the most. :)

t2W9HAW.png

LOL, 3? Something new? You should see the boxes of art supplies scattered across my bedroom that cover a myriad of craft types! That's my problem. Staying focused at least long enough to finish one major project once I learn the basics. I tend to get easily disatra.... oohh, shiny!
    aka Jude

My Studio

In fairness, my one, true love was cross stitch. Unfortunately, my eyes can't handle the strain anymore. Or, at least they couldn't last I tried. I am thinking of trying again, since I have a couple unfinished projects that I would like finished, even if they become my swan song.

But, as long as I'm having fun, that is the most important thing to me. Which is why this slump is bothering me. I'm NOT having fun, or creating. I'm just hoping I pop out of it soon. Regardless of how or to do what. We'll see. If nothing else, spring will bring gardening back.
    aka Jude

My Studio

LOL, 3? Something new? You should see the boxes of art supplies scattered across my bedroom that cover a myriad of craft types! That's my problem. Staying focused at least long enough to finish one major project once I learn the basics. I tend to get easily disatra.... oohh, shiny!

Yep! I'm currently at five which...I don't have time for, but hey, I love it! Man, I understand that feeling way, way too well.
    In fairness, my one, true love was cross stitch. Unfortunately, my eyes can't handle the strain anymore. Or, at least they couldn't last I tried. I am thinking of trying again, since I have a couple unfinished projects that I would like finished, even if they become my swan song.

But, as long as I'm having fun, that is the most important thing to me. Which is why this slump is bothering me. I'm NOT having fun, or creating. I'm just hoping I pop out of it soon. Regardless of how or to do what. We'll see. If nothing else, spring will bring gardening back.

I'm really sorry to hear that. It sucks to lose a hobby!
    That is the most important thing. I can't wait for Spring myself. It's been a long Winter already.
    t2W9HAW.png

I've checked with @mpart, and was told it was okay to post here:

I am running the GIFT OF CREATION GAME, which is a "competition" of sorts.

If you are a creator (Sims/stories/lots) then you come and draw inspiration from a group of Wish Lists to make submissions to win SimPoints.

If you are not some one who creates, but have something you would like created for you, then please come by and submit a Wish List of your own. Whether it be a specific house, park, commercial lot, CelbriSim from TV or anything else that you've dreamt of having but can't/haven't created for yourself. Wish Listers don't win SimPoints. Your prize is the creation being made for you.

Or, just come hang out and watch the fun. Creations are posted for anyone to download and enjoy. So, even if you didn't ask for it, you can certainly enjoy it. Thanks.
    aka Jude

My Studio

I've checked with @mpart, and was told it was okay to post here:

I am running the GIFT OF CREATION GAME, which is a "competition" of sorts.

If you are a creator (Sims/stories/lots) then you come and draw inspiration from a group of Wish Lists to make submissions to win SimPoints.

If you are not some one who creates, but have something you would like created for you, then please come by and submit a Wish List of your own. Whether it be a specific house, park, commercial lot, CelbriSim from TV or anything else that you've dreamt of having but can't/haven't created for yourself. Wish Listers don't win SimPoints. Your prize is the creation being made for you.

Or, just come hang out and watch the fun. Creations are posted for anyone to download and enjoy. So, even if you didn't ask for it, you can certainly enjoy it. Thanks.

This is a great thing! I'll be trying to do it myself!
    t2W9HAW.png