Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you camp in jungle adventure?

I wanted to go with my sims + 4 kids to outdear retreat to experience camping and living off grid with them, BUT... its kind of boring there and ive already seen it multiple times.

Since i have jungle adventures a few days now, i wonder if its possible to set up the same thing there too? Can you camp there? Wherever you want or specific parts?? Is it even possible? Or do you rent little houses/cottages? Is it just about exploring and going on an adventure or can u just have a basic holiday there too??

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2018
    I wanted to go with my sims + 4 kids to outdear retreat to experience camping and living off grid with them, BUT... its kind of boring there and ive already seen it multiple times.

Since i have jungle adventures a few days now, i wonder if its possible to set up the same thing there too? Can you camp there? Wherever you want or specific parts?? Is it even possible? Or do you rent little houses/cottages? Is it just about exploring and going on an adventure or can u just have a basic holiday there too??

You can bring a tent to set up wherever during your explorations but you do also have to rent a place to stay. And no, you don't have to go exploring.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    The problem is that even if you bring your tent campfire and cooler they will want to return to their lodging. If you have two and concentrate on one the other will suddenly take off to return to lodging even if you have your camp site set up.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    You can camp there. Here are two ways your sims can camp there:
    (Note: If you don't have any tents, you can go to the market and buy one with Buy Explorer Items interaction)
    1) Off Lot Camping-Click on items (tents and campfire) and do Place in the World interaction. Sim will put the items down. You cannot attach chairs to the campfire because it's not in the lot. Do remember that wildlife can still attack your sim when they are sleeping in the tent. After the camping, click on the items and choose Put in Inventory interaction. Any objects left behind will be in the family inventory when the vacation ends.
    2) On Lot Camping-You can edit the lots in manage worlds. Go to the national park and turn it into rental lot. You can also demolish existing rental lots and turn it into a camping area. Get the items from the market place and place these there. Do note because the campfire is on the lot, fires can start. Any objects left behind will be in the family inventory when the vacation ends.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    @EgonVM Is there no lot already like in GF where you can place the tent. I have to edit the national park first? Just planning a holiday with no disasters :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @EgonVM Is there no lot already like in GF where you can place the tent. I have to edit the national park first? Just planning a holiday with no disasters :p

You can place a tent in the temples.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

Really? It doesn't work for me in temples not even freebuild works there.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    you can place a tent and the small portable fridge in the temples, if the sim has got them in his inventory. Just use the 'place in world' option.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

Really? It doesn't work for me in temples not even freebuild works there.

You have to use Place in World interaction, then it works. Dragging it out of the inventory never works in the temples.
    Wow.. just travelled to the jungle and MY GOD.. what a boring world :open_mouth: It looks stunning but there is nothing.. and seriously nothing to do! It seems the only things is exploring temples??? I expected more new activities.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Jungle Adventure was released on 2/27, 6 weeks ago. There have been plenty of game-play reviews, discussions here on the forum. What new activities were you expecting?
    Jungle Adventure was released on 2/27, 6 weeks ago. There have been plenty of game-play reviews, discussions here on the forum. What new activities were you expecting?

You tell me what new activities there are besides exploring a thumb...

You can check here for what features came in Jungle Adventure.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/

Thanks for the share, but this exactly proves my point. Nothing new except exploring. There is a new skill, but that also belongs to the adventurous type, new music, new recipes... those are not features you can play with, but updates. My holiday with my family is totally pointless with this pack xD

Thanks for the share, but this exactly proves my point. Nothing new except exploring. There is a new skill, but that also belongs to the adventurous type, new music, new recipes... those are not features you can play with, but updates. My holiday with my family is totally pointless with this pack xD

I can understand why you'd feel that way. I have no plans for a family vacation to Selvadorado. Single sims or couples only.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I can understand why you'd feel that way. I have no plans for a family vacation to Selvadorado. Single sims or couples only.

For me this pack is GOLD!! I love playing adventurous sims and now they have a whole new world to go to. I would still take a family vacation in JA but keep them on the first map that you come to if there are children or toddlers. Change the big museum to a park and one of the two of the rentable villas to a pool and bingo you can stay for a few days with kids.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018

For me this pack is GOLD!! I love playing adventurous sims and now they have a whole new world to go to. I would still take a family vacation in JA but keep them on the first map that you come to if there are children or toddlers. Change the big museum to a park and one of the two of the rentable villas to a pool and bingo you can stay for a few days with kids.

Silent Kitty - I seem to have 4 rentable villas - as my sim does not stay in the 8 bed or the romantic villa in JA. She always stays in the small 1 bedroom across the way from those, in the area nearer the Cantina and market.. There is another villa near the small one. I haven't really checked it out so do not know how many beds - as I just have my sim take the cheapest one. always. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Silent Kitty - I seem to have 4 rentable villas - as my sim does not stay in the 8 bed or the romantic villa in JA. She always stays in the small 1 bedroom across the way from those, in the area nearer the Cantina and market.. There is another villa near the small one. I haven't really checked it out so do not know how many beds - as I just have my sim take the cheapest one. always. LOL.

I believe you are right, there are more villas available. I just figured that if my sim was bringing her toddler with her they would stay in the lots closest to home in the lower right corner. Have a toddler at home right now so I guess I'm just projecting on my poor little sims, lol.
  • Dr_WoohooDr_Woohoo Posts: 7 New Member
    Is it possible to enable free build when visiting the temple? I’d like to use the lot