Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing an expansion pack you don't usually use

I thought I was a sim grand master. I skipped tutorials and ignored lessons, humph.

But then, I started playing generation with 5 kids and an elder! Oh boy!

A cane? A prom? The kid is grounded? Why is a kid on a chair pretending to be a king? Midlife crisis? How?

Then I tried adding seasons. Festival tickets, pool parties???

Ambitions, I thought I knew it well... Baking sale table, muffins stock market, what???

Sims impress me with the volume of content! I played so many hours, yet I only saw a part of it!

Any similar experience? ;p
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I love moments like this. Sometimes I completely throw myself out of my usual playing style and try new things, different story lines or different types of Sims etc
    There's lots of different things I've not seen that often that always make me laugh!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Got another fast hard drive for Christmas so that I have more room to install older games and re-installed both TS3 and TS2...Finding so much stuff in both of them that makes me go "omg, that's right!" regarding things to do and see.

My main nostalgic reason for installing both was because TS4 has no University yet, so have mainly played both in university towns with a young sim in school...but the sheer content, just school oriented in TS3 has re-impressed me.

I had forgotten all about herbs (lol, love this so much), coffee beans and Street art that you can put anywhere there's a flat surface!

Kinda funny that I originally spent some time looking through build/buy to try to find the placeable street art squares like in TS4...then stumbled on the street art kit and got excited to go deface surfaces.

TS2 is giving me a lot of these moments too. I'm alternating between all 3 sims games right now, playing a few hours of each (nice having holiday time off). Now that I have another terabyte of decent speed hard drive space, I'll be able to leave them all installed finally. Sad when you need 3 TB of space just to keep games you like installed...sims games, with all the ep's and sp's plus cc I like take way too much of that space. >.<
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @Stormkeep, glad to see that TS3 has drawn you back. :) I've been looking at a 4TB external for my files, just so that I can free up my 1TB internal HDD (I may even consider replacing that internal drive with a larger capacity HDD). ~sigh~ too many things vying for my attention and my wallet.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Bought ITF a couple of months ago and were very happy to find out that you can too be best friends with benefits with Tron, at least if you are a werewolf..

oBAakhe.jpg

Happy new year!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I still haven't played with ITF, @Auroraskies, I am even using the launcher to exclude just that one pack when I start the game atm. Glad you're having fun with it! (I will eventually enable it, but for now I'm just enjoying the rest of the game and figured I'd keep the future stuff out until I wanted to actively play it.)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I’ve recently enabled Showtime and started playing a singer, it’s so much fun! My sim went to a simfest show and I was freaking out at all the cool stuff the acrobats and musicians were doing on stage. I always thought of Showtime like a late night celebrity thing, sorta useless. But it’s awesome
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I generally have all the EP active at once since I tend to use stuff from all of them. Might not use every single system or feature of an EP, but the build/buy items I do use. I also may not use every single world, but again I use the build/buy stuff. And skills. And lifetime Rewards....
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
    @Stormkeep I use Steam, so technically I have all packs enabled at all times by default, but I like them individually for all the in-between things, not their most advertised aspects; like their added social interaction options and LTR etc. Into the future has an interesting new trait in 'instable', but I have not seen it work its mechanics yet, maybe I keep my sims in too good of a mood.
    Not that the palindromic time traveller is not a perk - here is another fun reference:

I7x86z1.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    Technically Emit Relevart's name is not a palindrome because it doesn't read the same backwards as it does forwards. It does spell something interesting backwards though, and that makes it a semordnilap. Or, if you prefer, a reversible anagram. Kind of breaks the rules there too though, because you have to spell the first name and the last name backwards independently of each other.

ITF is the EP that brought us Dip Kissing. The rest...eh, honestly I can take it or leave it (slight exaggeration, some of it is kind of fun). :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor Thanks for that correction and for the new word! The deep kissing is fun too :smirk:
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    This forum made me realize that my computer could use all the expansions at once... Despite the ea warning. ;)

But playing an expansion at a time helps you focus on the small details.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited January 2019
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    I generally have all the EP active at once since I tend to use stuff from all of them. Might not use every single system or feature of an EP, but the build/buy items I do use. I also may not use every single world, but again I use the build/buy stuff. And skills. And lifetime Rewards....

Me too. But I don't have my game connected to Origin, so I can't turn packs off anyway. I used to have the mod that allowed it, but I have a much better computer now. When every last piece of hardware in my computer failed in 2017, one at a time within the space of a couple of months, I decided to go for broke.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    One of my favorite parts of ITF is the all-in-one water closets. Those are amazingly great for house boats. The holo-computers are also nice to have. Much better then the laptops sims can get.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.