Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is fame so hard to earn?

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Late comment, I know, and I haven't actually started the game with the pack installed yet but... remember Sims 3? where Fame spread like Sims 2 Vampirism. Even if you didn't want to be famous, spending 2 minutes with a famous person made you a one-star celeb. By the time the second generation was YA in Sims 3 every single household in the game had one celebrity, minimum. Having it being hard to earn is so much better.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    I actually like how hard it is because I feel like it makes me more commited to reaching the goal. If it was so easy no one would have any motivation to use the feature. Happy simming.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I like how it is but I wish they would tell us which actions gives us more fame.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    It’s hard to raise but easy to lose. Took me awhile to get my sim to the max fame, but after a day of her taking care of her toddler I got a warning she’s going to lose fame and should do something
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    What game is everyone playing? It's not hard to maintain. You want to stay home all day with your kids or play video games or do whatever without getting outside the house? Get a drone and stream anything basically anything your sim does until the battery fails.. let it sit awhile and do it again if you want to build fame there are a few things that are offlimits but they make sense.
    Add to your simstagram story .. it takes a whole second. Take a selfie that takes another second... no take all five in one go then sell them to publication from your inventory. Or keep one and sell the rest.
    Craft nearly anything and sell it..
    There are lots of things to do in public too but I'm guessing people are thinking about self or downtime.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    My sim is currently earning fame through writing books and completing the best selling aspiration. Right now, she was at the final tier of the aspiration, now she is a three star celebrity. I love it as this gives more challenge and a bit realistic. Creating a bestseller book also gives a boost to the fame level. I love how the system as it is.
    edited January 2019
    Haha This is funny the old/new thread, I like being on the borderline :)

Oh, the fame thing I try my sims get there quirks and back to a nobody again everytime.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Personally I like how hard it is B)
    I have an actor that also paints and records videos for fashion and makeup tips.
    still only 3 stars after a week.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Please keep it exactly how it is. For once, they got it right.

If you want it easy, shift click the sim and add a star at your leisure.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am glad it's a challenge. Keep it exactly the way it is please.

Same.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it's hard? :D my sim had three babies/tots and got from zero to b-lister. I only got a warning once that is was slipping.
    I like how it is. I do videos ever day. And some updates to social media and responding to comments. I also protest and stream it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I would certainly appreciate a few tips on how to do this. My comedian is at the top of the entertainment career and very active on social media, performs in public for hours every other day, has acquired three fame perks, maxed several skills and recently started painting as well to finally get that third star, but nothing seems to help. The first one is so easy to get, it has even happened accidentally to a few of my sims that I didn't even intend to become famous, but from then on, it's a grind - not that I want it to be too easy, but I think someone as accomplished as the sim I just described should have a few advantages.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I would certainly appreciate a few tips on how to do this. My comedian is at the top of the entertainment career and very active on social media, performs in public for hours every other day, has acquired three fame perks, maxed several skills and recently started painting as well to finally get that third star, but nothing seems to help. The first one is so easy to get, it has even happened accidentally to a few of my sims that I didn't even intend to become famous, but from then on, it's a grind - not that I want it to be too easy, but I think someone as accomplished as the sim I just described should have a few advantages.

Stream your performances. Post funny vlogs if playful mood let's you do it. @GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    What game is everyone playing? It's not hard to maintain. You want to stay home all day with your kids or play video games or do whatever without getting outside the house? Get a drone and stream anything basically anything your sim does until the battery fails.. let it sit awhile and do it again if you want to build fame there are a few things that are offlimits but they make sense.
    Add to your simstagram story .. it takes a whole second. Take a selfie that takes another second... no take all five in one go then sell them to publication from your inventory. Or keep one and sell the rest.
    Craft nearly anything and sell it..
    There are lots of things to do in public too but I'm guessing people are thinking about self or downtime.

I've got the opposite issue -- I have a Sim who doesn't have an outside job, but basically paints and writes to make money (her job title is Creative Freelancer). But when she paints an Excellent painting and sells it to a collector, or a masterpiece that she sells to the art gallery, she gains a little bit of fame; she's currently a Notable Newcomer but I don't want her on the fame track at all. Is there any way to prevent that?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    You can alway opt out of fame. There is an option in the fame panel of your Sims to leave the spotlight.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Sims111Sims111 Posts: 21 Member
    My sim is an actor but the fame is only 1 star she is top of the career and not through cheats my game won’t let ANY of my sims to get past one star without cheats help!
    edited January 2019
    You need to show off your talent in the public the more people that see your talent the more fame you get and if a famous person sees your talent your fame will go up more!. Fame in TS4 is getting people to notice you! Stream your gigs Stream your rehearsals, Stream your makeup Stream everything you do I am pretty sure the drone was put there for that, take it to the studio with you.

Edit: My sims crashed the Meet a Celerity event and started playing on stage, and it was ok when they played by themselves, but when the two joined forces one sang with the mic and the other sang and played the guitar everyone from the bar got up and tipped both of them with thumbs up in there thought bubbles, even the global SuperStars

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    You can alway opt out of fame. There is an option in the fame panel of your Sims to leave the spotlight.

Found it -- I was looking on the computer for an option; directly on the Fame panel is way too obvious for this game. :D Thank you kindly.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Sims111Sims111 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks @Sid1701D9 it worked!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    When the game is too easy we're asking for more challenge and now they give it to us we're asking for less challenge? :weary:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I'm still learning my way through this new career and how the fame system works, but I really enjoy that my sim has to work hard to gain and maintain fame. My two concerns are finding other ways to make money and also finding other things for him to do in between gigs. He is an actor/musician and he is high enough in level to earn about six thousand simoleons per gig, but that's maybe only twice a week. I also use one of the lounges where he performs, but that's mostly to help boost his fame as the tips don't really add much. Right now I keep him busy in between gigs to level him up in relevant skills, but once he has done that I'm not quite sure what to do with his time. I'm really trying to keep him true to his career (acting and music only) and don't want to resort to streaming, vlogging and other sidelines. I thought making his own music would make sense, but are there other things he can do as an actor, aside from doing gigs?
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I never really thought about bringing my sim’s drone to the studio so I might just do that from now on.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My experience with this pack was it was a grind to get fame stars.
    I thought it was okay that fame didn't come instantly.
    But:

Once the sim starts streaming or uploading videos, your sim gets fame points very easily and its the quickest way to get fame. I feel that streaming is forced on you and your sims (one of the perks asks you do videos. I had a politician that wasn't gaining fame from his career but from the sims equivalent of YouTube. He earned his first points by buying rounds of dribks, going into space and streaming. I felt the game made that a necessity to get on the fame ladder, other ways take too long and its just repeating the same actions over and over.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like it how it is now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I really do not like how hard it is to earn fame. It is so frustrating. I get that it shouldn't be as easy as it was in previous games. But it is insane. I work all day on gaining fame, and have only made it to two stars, and am barely making any progress forward. Will there be any change in the future?

Patience is required. Keep doing the interactions with the Fame + on them. Interact with the fans. Getting to that second star can be rather long in coming. But the 'overnight success' has been proved to not be in existence. Many a star's 'overnight success' was the fruition of years of hard work, many tables waited, et al, until their big break came along. It's a matter of 'paying your dues' in the sweat of your Sims' brow. Once I realized it was merely a matter of time (and using that drone to stream helped, too), I just relaxed and went along for the ride. Believe me, the more you 'suffer' now, the more dear the success of your Sim will be felt by you. I speak from personal experience. In fact, I began to think the mod I was using was interfering with GF. It wasn't at all. It was a matter of persistence and patience. Finally my Sim broke through, got that third star, then the fourth star which also took it's time, by the way, until he slowly crept his way up to that fifth star.

Then I couldn't find the street to place his award! Had to have help and directions from other players just so he could make it to his ceremony. (Yeah, I know I'm pathetic.) and by the way is does, too, rain in Del Sol Valley.

NrFW9tf.jpg

X4l960A.jpg

Which reminds me. I need to go check his 'star' to see if his ex-fiancée has marked it up or not. Haven't seen her around in some time. :open_mouth:

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/