Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernaturals You Want

124...Next

Comments

• Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    1) Witches - I don't want any Sim to be able to pick up a wand and cast spells like in Makin' Magic. I want them to have to sacrifice for their gift or be born a Witch (and be more powerful by something along the lines of having certain abilities upon puberty or less spell failure straight out of the gate.) I want a world with a swamp/bog area where my bayou Witches could live.

Uhh I love your idea of witches. I also highly demand witches as a livestate and not magic beeing used by any normal sim, but I never made real thoughts about becoming a Witch.
    I think offering a gift for their power is cool, but also kinda dark. What did you meant with sacrafice? and sacrafice to whom?

I would totally sacrafice another sim for my powers- But honestly they wont do that since age restrictions. Maybe we sacrifice something to the „great power of magic“ ... it sound stupid but they wont add any religious themes, but atleast we could roleplay with something like that... In the end I dont want to sacrifice an expensive couch in order to be a Witch, because it would set items on the same level as magic. Which would make it silly somehow.

Meeeeeeeeh! As I was writing this I got a thought. I was only considering people or items as sacrifice…but actually your sim can sacrifice things concerning theirselves. Sacrifice emotions, losing the ability to socilize, getting cursed in a way... Mh this could maybe work. but I cant make up anything cool right now.
    Born witches are not affected by those ofcourse since they dont have to sacrifice. I mean its their birth right to use magic, right?

Tbh- its 3 am where i live I should sleep now :D Afterall it will probably just be a potion that will makes us witches.

While I am totally in Favor of Witches being a life state and born Witches having a birthright to do magic, I am a bit on the fence about the sacrifice thing.
    In Sims 3, only Witches could Spells, but everyone could Potions, and there was a Potion that could turn you into a Witch and one that removes any occult status. With that, any non-Witch could turn into a Witch, just via the Alchemy skill.
    I found this to be a very cheap solution. I like the Ritual-Idea thematically. I would actually like to have some of my Sims go through some initiation Ritual where he or she receives magical powers. There should be a wide variety of Rituals. And I also like the Idea of sacrifices. But what and whom, I don't really have an Idea, nor seen an Idea so far that I like.

Sacrificing living creatures such as Sims or Animals might be gruesome, but there also is the option of making them just disappear in a cloud of light. Sacrificing Items would have to be limited to things you could find, craft or grow in the garden, or you would just be sacrificing Simoleons. Sacrificing certain Emotions, Traits or something like that would feel like selling your soul and giving away parts of that Sim the Sims already lack...
    Historically, Selling your Soul to the Devil for magic powers was one of the most important points to be put on trial for during the Witch Hunts. It was one of five points that identify a Witch.
    1. Faustian Pact. (Selling your Soul to the Devil)
    2. Buhlschlaf ("Woohooing" with the Devil or a Demon)
    3. Flight. (On a broom, for example. Bathtubs or Goats count as well)
    4. Harmful Spells. (Casting Spells to spread diseases or cause accidents or something like that)
    5. Witches Sabbath (Meeting up with other Witches for Dancing, teaching each other evil spells and do all of the above)

Those 5 points were summed up as Witchcraft and anyone Accused of that was tortured until they admitted everything and claimed to be guilty, or until they died, and then executed. I don't see the Sims actually represent that in the game.

Sacrificing Harvestables, Collectables and such should result in temporary bonuses or powerful Spells that affect the entire neighborhood for a limited time. Rituals would have requirements, like events. A Number of specific Interactions that must be done in the right order before the time is up and things like that. But for some, the effect might be temporary, for others permanent.

In order for a "Muggle" to become a Witch, several high-level Witches need to "Give their Blessing", it must happen outside and it must happen at night. (Full moon night, perhaps?) In order to even be able to organize that, you'd have to know at least 3 Witches that are at least Level 5 (Or something like that) and have a Skill of Witches Lore (Witches Equivalent of Vampire Lore) of about 5.

Maybe, Sacrificing living creatures would be a very high-level thing that counts as an Evil thing and would grant immense additional powers, but also come with some form of curse. Like Itching Skin or a Wart everyone points at or something...
    Rituals and Sacrifices could also be tied to a special Lot with a Stone Circle or a Henge or Grove or something...
    Familiars could be Summoned via Rituals, the weather could be altered via Rituals (If you have Seasons)... The Possibilities are endless.

They just can't mention anything about where the sacrifice goes, what happens to it and where the reward/price comes from.
    It does somewhat work with the Wishing Well in Romantic Garden. Your Simoleons go "Into the Well" and the wish fulfilled comes *Out of the Well*
    What happens down there and why is never answered or even asked.
    Using a Sacrifice as a way to become a Witch... Well... I can't really see that. I would prefer it to be a blessing or initiation... You could still roleplay that you've sold your soul if you like. But when you are a Witch, Rituals should absolutely be an option to temporarily gain magical bonuses, neighborhood covering effects or even special powers...
    I hope you get my Logic...
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    I would like:
    1. Witches
    2. Superheroes
    The rest will be an added bonus. :wink:
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Let's see...I would like, in order:

Witches
    Werewolves
    Real Plantsims
    Robots
    Zombies
    Genie

And maybe Fairies. I'd like them to be more like S4's vamps, or like their S2 representatives - so don't want anything to be from S3. I avoided that game for a reason. Something new would be cool after we have all the required ones.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2018
    LanieBorne wrote: »
    I would like:
    1. Witches
    2. Superheroes
    The rest will be an added bonus. :wink:
    Those are my top two wants, to be honest. But I feel like superheroes wouldn't be nearly as fun if the game didn't also add a proper combat system, so we can battle villains.

It could be a "powered" system, like mutants; you can be born with powers, but they can also come from random instances (like being electrocuted/struck by lightning, getting involved in lab accidents, being bitten by a radioactive toddler.) They level up and have a ranking system like vampires, which lets you decide what kind of powerset they have. You gain points by fighting, using your powers, doing good deeds (if you're a hero), or committing crimes (if you're a villain.)

Throw in "Hero" and "Villain" careers for immersion, use Get Together to make crime-fighting teams, and have (optional) events where you can stop randomly-generated crimes on community lots.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • knifebatzknifebatz Posts: 27 Member
    1. witches !!! let me do magic!! also would love to have good and evil magic
    2. werewolves
    3. imaginary Friend maybe if we can make them in CAS ( that might be a little to much )
    4. Mermaids maybe more like a siren ?? maybe they can be good or evil thing
    5. Fairies
    6. Robots please le t me marry a robot
    7. Super Heroes maybe like a go to work ?
    8. Genie
    9. Zombies

sometthing new : maybe have like a bigfoot fanatic trait ? or like just cryptic fanatic for human sims, sims who likes to catch bigfoot,mothman, etc?
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Witches on the same patern the vampires are made.
    To all you who want Superheroes: How do you imagine that exactly?
    I mean, they said they cannot do combat and toppling buildings and trains flying off the rails and such stuff.
    They can do the costumes, the powers, the hideouts, but not the fights and the heroes doing superhero stuff.
    So what do you want superhero things to be like?
    I am not totally against it. I just don't see how it could work. So I'd like to see your Ideas there.
  • NansiclesNansicles Posts: 1 New Member
    Really i’m more interested in some sort of secret identity. I’m planning on putting the characters from miraculous ladybug into my game and i think it would be really cool if they could be like actual superheroes so that people wouldn’t recognise them. I suppose certain powers would be cool too. But i guess they should be just like skills. There could be a ton of high tech equipment or some sort of old object that can be found by your sim in a certain area. Either way i think it would be a cool feature. I can just imagine all of the new things that would be added.
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Witches - I'd love some combination of like, fantasy type Witches, but also maybe a more modern approach as well. So you could also have your Kitchen Witches and Green Witches, etc. It would combine really well with the Herbalism skill from Outdoor Retreat. Perhaps you could Astral Project your sims into another dimension and have some fun with that.
    2. Werewolves/Werecats - Because werewolves are cool, but we need some variety and there are other were-creatures from various cultures.
    3. Zombies - I'd love the option for some Apocalyptic stuff. Maybe there's a way to "trigger" the apocalypse, that way you don't have to experience it in every save if you don't want. Like...If you travel to a certain location now hidden in the world it releases a "zombie virus". But otherwise it won't happen? If that makes sense.
    4. Mermaids - I never played the Sims 3 but the mermaids seemed really cool, so I'd love to see this in Sims 4
    5. Superheroes - They'd have a combat system like the Vampires do. That seems fairly simple enough to do since they already have it? It'd be nice to have a combination of powers and martial arts. Powers could be optional, like some have them and some don't.
    6. Something New - I did see someone else mention Oni, and honestly, that or other Yokai would be REALLY cool. Considering how many cultures the Sims 4 is trying to include, the addition of creatures from other cultures would make sense. There's raccoons with Cats & Dogs so Tanuki wouldn't be too far out to put in there. Maybe Kitsune, too (could work with a Werewolf pack ;) ) Or for other cultures: what about Naga? Or Satyrs (a little easier than centaurs tbh)?
    7. Dragons - Because dragons are awesome. It would be even better if they could be ridden.

Fairies would be alright, but idk what you'd do with them. Unless you wanted to go with a Seelie Court and Unseelie Court, and then that would determine whether they are more mischievous or more evil. And perhaps they'd have a secondary forms like Vampires do, since Fairies are usually able to disguise themselves in folklore.

I don't see the point or Robots or Imaginary Friends. Robots I could see if they went more Android with it? These would be the ones I care the absolute least about, tbh.
  • TagiDollTagiDoll Posts: 4 New Member
    Top pics for me are Mermaids and Faeries and something new.

I also think witches do not need to be a life state, but i do want them in the game!

For somethong new I would like Teiflings or an underworld creature of sorts, but Im not sure they would make something like that. I just want sims with horns XD
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    1. Mermaid. I just want mermaid badly otherwise the gorgeous underwater house I downloaded would serve no purpose. I want a starter mermaid like they did in ts3. Yet after they get experiences they can choose their paths like vampire: either extremely beautiful sirens that can mesmerize Sims with their songs and even grow wings that give them ability to fly like fairies in ts3; or oriental type of mermaids that look ugly yet have the abilities to produce pearls when they cry and make a sim immortal (from Japanese myth in order to do that you need to eat the flesh of the mermaid but since it’s a t-rating game let’s just assume it’s a magical ability of the mermaid that has a really really long cool down period......). Other things I like to see are the abilities to choose the tail shape and whether to have one or two tails, to keep sea creatures as pets or livestock, and the return of oceanographer career from ts2.
    2. Wiches and occult creatures! I am not very keen on witches yet the opportunity to bring some occult creatures along seems too good to resist. I mean, for those who wanna create a Harry Potter atmosphere, what kind of Hogwarts would it be without a Phoenix? And not to mention dragons, unicorns, Pegasus or even griffin / hippogriffs.
    3. Fairies or elves. What ts3 did on fairies is nice so not many ideas on that.
    4. Genies cuz I want the dusty oil lamp and the ability to make wishes back (Genie I wish we could have a usable flying carpet in ts4 lol).
    5. Werewolves. Well my vamp families need a bit of challenge ;p
    6. Zombies only this time I want it to be optional.
    7. Servos, Sentrybot and Hydrobot plz plz plz. Especially the Sentrybot since I hate those kleptos sooooooooo much!
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2019
    So, I've been playing the Sims since the 2000s, and I've played every iteration of the supernatural Sims - they are some of the most fun aspects of the game for the flavor they bring and the sometimes ridiculousness of having someone as powerful as a witch or vampire have to partake in the mundane and normal life activities like using the bathroom or washing laundry. It's part of what makes the Sims unique to me, and I've been thoroughly disappointed in the Sims 4 so far with the lack of variety in permanent, well developed supernatural states. That said, here's what I'd like to see going forward:

1. Witches - These are a must for me. I've loved them since Makin' Magic, and I would honestly like to see a nod back to Makin' Magic if they ever did approach witches again. I wouldn't mind seeing a "vacation" venue pop up similar to the Magic Town (even if it's a bayou town like many are asking, bring on the voodoo!), and I actually quite enjoyed the brick oven for baking breads (some of which you could magically infuse). Alchemy would be most welcome too, I think it was good in Sims 3, but could use a little more oomph to be something truly special. Finding the special magic ingredients like pixie dust and dragon scales in Makin' Magic was fun for me, and I liked the challenge of seeking that kind of stuff out for my rare potions. I'm torn on how the spells would work though. I liked how they worked in Sims 3, where you simply learned them as you leveled up, but there's something to be said for having to craft or have them given to you too - maybe work them like recipes? Like you learn some through your witch's tome, but maybe special NPCs or rabbit holes can give you options to learn rarer spells. Maybe the difference between a natural witch and a self-taught witch is how easily they can learn or find rare spells? Either way, I want witches, and I want them to have a good library of spells and intrinsic ties to the kitchen and alchemy. If there could be a way to do group spells in a coven too, I'm all for it.

2. Werewolves - I want these guys back too. I prefer how they were in the Sims 2, with the more fuller transformations into werewolves, instead of just getting uglier faces and a bushy hairstyles like they did in Sims 3. I think there's a lot to expand on in this too, as there's not been much to them outside of chatting with real dogs and wolves and fighting each other. I think the pack is where this should focus, with more events that focus on doing mayhem and mischief during the full moon, and I could easily see this kind of pack come in with a dingy, dive bar thematic of clothing and build/buy stuff. Either way, despite it's lackings in the past, this life state needs to exist alongside vampires sheerly on principle.

3. Faeries/Mermaids - I'd like to see these return, and I'd like to see them expanded, mostly mermaids so they can be a bit more fun outside of the specific neighborhood you had to find them in, if you didn't live in Isla Paradiso. Like I'd totally be ok with being required to have mermaid Sims sleep in a full tub, and other neat little ways to make special. Maybe give them boosts to the Singing skill, and give them special songs they can sing to captivate or influence others? Faeries as well, I feel like they were a little simpler in terms of life state compared to the other supernaturals introduced in Sims 3, and could be expanded on. Maybe give them a special world they can go to specific to the faeries to play, meet other faeries, and collect whatever they want for their mischief.

4. Proper Plantsims - As others have said, we just need proper Plantsims in the Sims 4.

5. Something New - Expanded Ghosts. The ghosts are simple as they are, and they've always been simple. Well I'd like to see more. There are a great many types of ghosts, like wailing types (banshees, La Llorona), omen/bad luck types (Hamlet's Father), protector/good luck types (guardian spirits), mischief types (poltergeists), and so forth. The prospects of building a ghost to haunt in a certain way, or haunt certain people or have a dire need to haunt rooms like hallways or bathrooms are endless, and I could see a lot of fun to be had with giving ghosts special skills and quirks or fetters. If it even came with a "Land of the Dead" or "Spirit World" location to visit as a ghost, that would be all the more interesting too. Also séances. We need séances.

6. Robots - These were fun, but weren't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not opposed to seeing them return. I liked the modification and building system for them in Into the Future, and honestly any iteration of that pack coming back would be fantastic.

7-10. The others are all just Ok. Imaginary Friends, Zombies, and Genies were just that, and I didn't particularly find them compelling. I'm not opposed to their return if they're beefed up and given more flavor, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't show up or were a very small side piece again in a larger pack.

11. Super Heroes - I think this is too broad of a category to be a proper life state, and most of the powers can be explained away into other life states. There's not enough focus on this one for me to agree it needs to exist.
    Post edited by TheGreatGorlon on
  • SanuliiSanulii Posts: 14 New Member
    Fairies
    Mermaids
    Witches
    Super heroes
    Genie
    Robots
    Imaginary friend
    Werewolves
    Zombies

Dean and Sam would be nice too :D
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Witches - The vampire power system makes as greatest template of what they could do for witches.
    Werewolfs - Though I personally don't see much actual gameplay in them I still love them.
    Mermaids - I love mermaids and I think they could do more with them since in some stories they have magic and hypnotic voices.
    Imaginary friends - Though I found them creepy I also thought they added a lot to children. It was also nice cause they made easy partners for my sims. I think this time they could maybe tie it to not just an object but also to the creative and imaginary skills.
    Robots - I had no issues with robot but I never used them much because I just never cared for ITF in general but I think if they were the focus of a GP that would suite them better.
    Zombies - Don't care for them but I would like them to be added as a minor occult for witches to create and control.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    - Witches

I don't agree that the vampire tree makes sense for witches at all. As a witch you should be able to do any kind of spell depending on how much magic skill you have. With the reputation system of Get Famous Witches would earn a bad reputation when they practice the more evil spells or good if they perform good spells. Having a power tree for them just doesn't make sense. And hopefully they won't be a Harry Potter knock off but instead based off of the classic witch type. Flying on a broom, familiar pets, wicked magic, cauldron spells, crystal balls, etc.

- Plumbots/Servos

I really liked the customisation of plumbots in Into The Future including their behaviour traits. I would like to see this feature back. Maybe not on a "future theme" level, but on a more "robotics science theme" level. Program robot's behaviour traits with the programming skill and use the handiness skill to craft them in a workbench or 3D printer.

- Fairies

Not much to say here other than better wing choices, maybe using the pet paint tool to customise their wings and better interactions and powers.

- Mermaids

Again, using the pet paint tool to costumize their tails, more tail options, ability to change their top and more/better interactions.

An update and revision of Plantsims.
    Genies I don't find necessary since I have the wishing well and can do wishes at almost anytime
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Silent_DecaySilent_Decay Posts: 12 New Member
    Ranks
    1.Witch. somebody said a tree wouldn't make sense, have you played skyrim? Evocation, Destruction, Illusions, etc. There is a lot of witch abilities. Not everything has to be on alignment.
    2. Werewolf. I want them, but I feel like the pets window has shut. So I feel like it's going to be a little hard for it. Werewolf + Werelion, why not have 2 forms? Aliens and Vampires kinda have different sub races?
    3. Frankenstein/Zombie. I just think it would be a fresh breath of air for the occult. Something where it can be built like servos... 🤷‍♀️ just a idea.

Anything else will be okay, I didnt get many ideas how to implement them.
    edited February 2019
    Ranks
    1.Witch. somebody said a tree wouldn't make sense, have you played skyrim? Evocation, Destruction, Illusions, etc. There is a lot of witch abilities. Not everything has to be on alignment.
    2. Werewolf. I want them, but I feel like the pets window has shut. So I feel like it's going to be a little hard for it. Werewolf + Werelion, why not have 2 forms? Aliens and Vampires kinda have different sub races?
    3. Frankenstein/Zombie. I just think it would be a fresh breath of air for the occult. Something where it can be built like servos... 🤷‍♀️ just a idea.

Anything else will be okay, I didnt get many ideas how to implement them.

You can have all of those without the tree. TS4 isn't an RPG combat game it doesn't make sense to have any of that, at least to me. Vampires makes more sense because you can customize their movement, weaknesses and abilities. I mean what weaknesses do witches have, melt with water? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I don't think the Skill tree would do them justice if done like in Vampires. I think a Witch should be able to do much more than what they can possibly squeeze into the Vampires Skill tree menu. Even if they make two skill trees, one for good and one for evil witches.
    Also, I think the distinction between Good and Evil Witch should be through traits and gameplay. Not through some alignment system that locks away half the spells no matter what we do.
    I think we should be able to create some super powerful Witch that can do all the spells. Having to choose between one type of spells or the other in mutually exclusive skill trees makes that impossible.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    I'm not into supernaturals at all but I hope you'll be getting witches next as I won't have much time to play TS4 in the near future anyway.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited February 2019
    I don't think the Skill tree would do them justice if done like in Vampires. I think a Witch should be able to do much more than what they can possibly squeeze into the Vampires Skill tree menu. Even if they make two skill trees, one for good and one for evil witches.
    Also, I think the distinction between Good and Evil Witch should be through traits and gameplay. Not through some alignment system that locks away half the spells no matter what we do.
    I think we should be able to create some super powerful Witch that can do all the spells. Having to choose between one type of spells or the other in mutually exclusive skill trees makes that impossible.

We should be able to create any type of witch we want, modern, good, or wicked green in CAS and not be chained to the alignment like in TS2. As for the good and bad, reputation kind of takes care of that. Evil leaning spells give bad reputation and good ones give a positive reputation. I still think spells should just depend on the witch skill and not be locked.

Ofc, evil sims should autonomously perform evil spells and good sims should autonomously perform good spells more often.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

We should be able to create any type of witch we want, modern, good, or wicked green in CAS and not be chained to the alignment like in TS2. As for the good and bad, reputation kind of takes care of that. Evil leaning spells give bad reputation and good ones give a positive reputation. I still think spells should just depend on the witch skill and not be locked.

Ofc, evil sims should autonomously perform evil spells and good sims should autonomously perform good spells more often.

When it comes to looks, the green witch with the black clothes and the hooked nose is possible already. I'm not worried about that one.
    Personally, I fully 100% agree with you.
    We should be able to do both Harry Potter Witches and Wizards, swamp voodoo people I don't know what they're called, Wicca-inspired ones like those in Charmed, the ones in Sabrina (Especially the reboot), AND the ones people in the 1500s actually believed in with the cauldrons and flying brooms.