Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Tattoo artist draws on the arm a tattoo that appears on the belly.

Teen sim has a time out and stands in front of the window.

Goes to prom, keeps the winter's outfit inside, because baby it's cold outside.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Decides to cook something to eat, is completely unable to cook a breakfast food if it's 11:00am or 'lunch' dish if it's 3pm or later. But can cook a desert anytime they want if they have the right stove.

Also, can survive indefinitely eating nothing but ice cream.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    To be fair though, do you know anyone who has tried this IRL and was unable to survive? Logically it doesn't seem like a very sound nutritional plan, but maybe it doesn't work out as poorly as it might seem. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    To be fair though, do you know anyone who has tried this IRL and was unable to survive? Logically it doesn't seem like a very sound nutritional plan, but maybe it doesn't work out as poorly as it might seem. :p

It works as well as trying to go a month subsisting almost exclusively on raman noodles. Trust me on this, that ends very badly. I'm talking "pass out in the bathroom due to malnutrition and strike head on washing machine" levels of badly. It was a definite wake up call for me. After that I'll eat raman noodles as a snack food, not the main meal. If it is the actual meal I make sure to add other stuff to it, such as a can of mixing chicken and a small can of veggies.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Hejix wrote: »
    Tattoo artist draws on the arm a tattoo that appears on the belly.
    @Hejix Similar to that department. I always found it wacky that any person could give tattoos to another sim regardless of ability.

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

@igazor @Faerie197 Ice cream does provide you with protein and sugar. Perhaps some liquid as well. I think that is enough to sustain life. Maybe the sims is on to something. :D

@igazor @Faerie197 Ice cream does provide you with protein and sugar. Perhaps some liquid as well. I think that is enough to sustain life. Maybe the sims is on to something. :D

No, they really really aren't. I've gone a couple days before (okay, a few times too often) where the only thing I've eaten was ice cream. Entirely my own dang fault, of course. You quickly start feeling a bit sick to your stomach because despite how delicious it is, you're still hungry a few minutes after eating the bowl of ice cream. So you end up eating another, then another, but you're still hungry because you're body is saying "That's not actually food! It's not providing fuel!"

As I said, been there, done that, gave back the Tee Shirt.
    As I said, been there, done that, gave back the Tee Shirt.

I remain not convinced. Fuel is calories and ice cream usually has plenty of that along with the fat and protein. If they've added fruit then you get vitamins (sort of), nuts for fiber, there are green tea varieties that would provide antioxidants. Vegetable or other savory forms of ice cream might sound icky, but those would work too. Not all ice creams should be considered equal. ;)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Oh, it's calories all right. And sugars. And almost nothing else your body needs to keep it's self going.
    edited January 2019
    Here's another one I just remembered: Terrified of all things supernatural (seriously, saw a Fairy sim and ran screaming), dreams of working in the cemetary and having Bonehilda do all the house work.

It was forking hilarious. The sim was a coward with an extreme aversion to the supernatural, and literally would run screaming if she saw a fairy sim. Yet got the Wishes to buy a Bonehilda coffin and get a part time job at the cemetery. She once missed a shift at work because she got to work and saw a ghost before entering the rabbit hole, so ran home (which was a decent distance away). And I do mean 'ran' home. Then saw Bonehilda upon getting home, so turned around and ran back to the cemetery. Rinse and repeat for the entire 3 hour work shift. By which point the poor sim had gotten two skill levels in Athletics from running back and forth between work and home repeatedly.

EDIT: Regarding needing cooking skill 2 to make a PB&J sandwich... I just had a sim flub making one, and start a fire in the process. O.o What the plumb was that sim doing?!
    Post edited by Faerie197 on
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Learning bass(cello) is as easy as drums
    As long as skills level is enough, good along with coworkers, have good moods, get slack at work everyday still can promote(TS4 is better than TS3 in this)
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    edited January 2019
    Here's another one I just remembered: Terrified of all things supernatural (seriously, saw a Fairy sim and ran screaming), dreams of working in the cemetary and having Bonehilda do all the house work.

It was forking hilarious. The sim was a coward with an extreme aversion to the supernatural, and literally would run screaming if she saw a fairy sim. Yet got the Wishes to buy a Bonehilda coffin and get a part time job at the cemetery. She once missed a shift at work because she got to work and saw a ghost before entering the rabbit hole, so ran home (which was a decent distance away). And I do mean 'ran' home. Then saw Bonehilda upon getting home, so turned around and ran back to the cemetery. Rinse and repeat for the entire 3 hour work shift. By which point the poor sim had gotten two skill levels in Athletics from running back and forth between work and home repeatedly.!
    That sounds like a fun storyline. But the only way I know of that a sim can gain Athletic skill from walking/running to get to (or away from) someplace is if they were working out, jogging, or swimming (playing soccer, etc.) prior in the game session and their skill gain progress got stuck in forward gear. Running across the world map back and forth without actually jogging isn't supposed to do that.

EDIT: Regarding needing cooking skill 2 to make a PB&J sandwich... I just had a sim flub making one, and start a fire in the process. O.o What the plumb was that sim doing?!
    Now that takes talent (of a different kind). I've seen sims mess up simple to make recipes that do not require cooking and the food ends up being of poor or horrifying quality, but I had no idea they could set things on fire that way. You sure it wasn't a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (Showtime, Level 5 cooking) or there wasn't a lit fireplace nearby that was the culprit? Or an annoyed sim in the household with magical skills who did NOT want peanut butter and jelly for dinner AGAIN so they set the dish (and maybe the sim) on fire?

I'm going back to my ice cream argument. Almost half the problems society faces today began early in our evolution when we started cooking our food before eating it. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Now that takes talent (of a different kind). I've seen sims mess up simple to make recipes that do not require cooking and the food ends up being of poor or horrifying quality, but I had no idea they could set things on fire that way. You sure it wasn't a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (Showtime, Level 5 cooking) or there wasn't a lit fireplace nearby that was the culprit? Or an annoyed sim in the household with magical skills who did NOT want peanut butter and jelly for dinner AGAIN so they set the dish (and maybe the sim) on fire?

I'm going back to my ice cream argument. Almost half the problems society faces today began early in our evolution when we started cooking our food before eating it. :p

While I have Showtime, it was disabled. Don't even have the deep fry cooker in the household. And what sort of raging lunatic puts a fireplace on a boat?! Certainly not the prefurnished houseboats in IP.

No idea how Ranko set fire to a PB&J sandwich that isn't even being made close to the stove. I'd added a couple more counter tops, and she'd chosen to make it as far away from the stove as possible. Then again she'd earlier (at 0 skill) caused a fire when trying to make waffles. But put it out fast enough that the stove wasn't damaged. The current stove has since been upgraded to be Fireproof to hopfully prevent future pyroclastic events of a food nature.

That said, she was outside fishing when a thunderstorm rolled in unexpectedly (the forcast said sunny all week). Got struck by lightning. It's raining cats and dogs (meow). And Ranko felt the need to run inside and jump into the shower to put out the fire burning on her rear end... that was already out before she even got half way around the houseboat due to the pouring rain.

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Decides to cook something to eat, is completely unable to cook a breakfast food if it's 11:00am or 'lunch' dish if it's 3pm or later. But can cook a desert anytime they want if they have the right stove.

That's why I like the "cook any meal at any time" mod I have. I think its at simsasylum. Registration is required to see the mods there.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    When my sim makes gourmet pet food for his dog, he always makes sure it's good by tasting it himself (the cooking animation).
    kwdT9wX.gif
    A genie can conjure up gourmet pet food, but can't feed it to their pets.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    It is impossible to leave a double bed other than on the side you climbed in. Rolling over to the other side or crawling out anywhere else is out of the question. If something is blocking your path (other people, pets, books), you have to stay in bed until they are gone, or you died from starvation. On or the other.

(I never buy my sims washing machines, if I can avoid it. I had a weird bug at some point, which caused clothes piles to appear, without a washing machine or a laundromat anywhere in sight. Couldn´t find out a solution at that point, so that family now have their machine. Perhaps reseting the lot with Nraas mc would have worked).

Did they have a sculpting station? If someone in the household sculpts a laundry basket the piles of dirty laundry start appearing even if the baakef stays on the sculpting station.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    It is impossible to leave a double bed other than on the side you climbed in. Rolling over to the other side or crawling out anywhere else is out of the question. If something is blocking your path (other people, pets, books), you have to stay in bed until they are gone, or you died from starvation. On or the other.

(I never buy my sims washing machines, if I can avoid it. I had a weird bug at some point, which caused clothes piles to appear, without a washing machine or a laundromat anywhere in sight. Couldn´t find out a solution at that point, so that family now have their machine. Perhaps reseting the lot with Nraas mc would have worked).

Did they have a sculpting station? If someone in the household sculpts a laundry basket the piles of dirty laundry start appearing even if the baakef stays on the sculpting station.

Yeah, I figured that out only recently (it was in another thread here somewhere). My founder took up sculpting in her old age.

Screenshot-x1095.jpg
    This is the hamper in question. It´s still in the house 10 generations later, as is the toilet and sink she made. I sold the highchair she made out of ice.

Speaking of... if you just do ice sculpting often enough (a chainsaw in your living room is totally save) you can make wonderful things out of ice and it will never melt!
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Speaking of... if you just do ice sculpting often enough (a chainsaw in your living room is totally save) you can make wonderful things out of ice and it will never melt!

When my husband decides to sit next to me and watch me play for awhile, he makes deprecating comments about some of the things in the game, like using the chainsaw or blowtorch in the house when sculpting or inventing. So I put a couple of the LN air conditioner vents on the wall behind the sculpting station, so the next time I could tell him, "see, there are air vents with fans to pull out the fumes."

He still finds lots of things to criticize. Mostly I just pretend he's not there now. When he gets no reaction, sometimes he'll quit. But not always.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited January 2019
    Learning bass(cello) is as easy as drums
    As long as skills level is enough, good along with coworkers, have good moods, get slack at work everyday still can promote(TS4 is better than TS3 in this)

If you have the violin...from the Store...(any musician knows that learning violin is hard as heck); in Sims 3 you can get up to concert violinist status in a couple of days of straight playing. In real life...NOPE...that ain't gonna happen...it's gonna take years and years...

You ain't going to learn the Bruch Violin Concerto in D minor Op. 44 in 3 days starting as a bare beginner.

https://youtu.be/VreOBTifxDc

It's one of the more complicated violin concertos to perform.

And forget the Tchaikovsky Op 35. in D major. That one's a carking pain to perform. No doubts about it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited January 2019
    Said this before in several other threads previous: but it bears repeating.

In Sims 3 logic, you can freehold capture a Malayan krait and keep it as a pet. :|
    Malayan_Krait_Snake.png
    68da079c-4d2f-4c64-8658-ce25f63e35d0.jpg
    Try that in real life...it's a one-way ticket to the Pearly Gates...where St. Peter's going to cite you for being a complete and utter ID10T.
    This is what will happen to you if you try to free-handle a Malayan krait Bungarus Candidus, also referred to as a blue krait, in real life.
    In total, 78 cases of krait envenomation were included. Most patients were male (59.0%) and the median age was 28 years. All had minimal local effects. The median duration from the bite to the onset of neurological manifestations was 3 hours (range, 0.5–8 hours). Besides neurological effects, the patients also developed high blood pressure (67.4%), tachycardia (61.7%), hypokalemia (55.3%), and hyponatremia (17.6%). Severe hyponatremia (<120 mEq/L) was noted in four pediatric patients. Other clinical manifestations were bradycardia, abdominal pain, and rhabdomyolysis. The mortality rate was 6.4%, and all deaths occurred from B. candidus bites. Eighty-six percent of patients received antivenom. Most patients (75.6%) were intubated and underwent assisted ventilation for a median of 6 days (range, 1–37 days). The median length of hospital stay was 7 days. Some patients developed complications during hospitalization; the most common was pneumonia. These in-hospital complications were significantly associated with death.

Notice the underlined. There's one in every culture. "hey...Adiputera; Tonton saya memegang krait ini, ha ha..." - Yeah...bad mistake. :|

Same with the cobras in World Adventures.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited January 2019
    [in Sims 3 you can get up to concert violinist status in a couple of days of straight playing. In real life...NOPE...that ain't gonna happen...it's gonna take years and years...
    I've "solved" that problem by using NRaas Relativity to throttle skill gains. But in exchange I get to listen to unskilled violin players fracture "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for sim weeks on end until I end up bleeding from my eardrums. I try to keep them off-screen while practicing but in some ways, I think I like the EA way better in this case.

In Sims 3 logic, you can freehold capture a Malayan krait and keep it as a pet.
    But they look so playful and cuddly on-screen... :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited January 2019
    Karritz wrote: »

Yeah, I figured that out only recently (it was in another thread here somewhere). My founder took up sculpting in her old age.

Screenshot-x1095.jpg
    This is the hamper in question. It´s still in the house 10 generations later, as is the toilet and sink she made. I sold the highchair she made out of ice.

If you have Debug Enabler and a sim who has made at least 25 ice sculptures there is a sculptify menu option in Debug Enabler. Using Sculptify and choosing ice allows you to turn objects that can't be sculpted into ice. If the sim can make ice that doesn't melt then you can turn all sorts of things into ice that never melts. Problem is ice is very cold to sit on and sims get a moodlet from sitting on ice. Lots of fun but very pretty especially when combined with coloured lighs.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    On the ice cream thread, you can never sleep by constantly drinking coffee. I tried that when I made my anti-sleeping beauty, Tim Horson. He was miserable most of the time, but... Awake.

I tried putting a coward in a haunted house once. Fun times! It was the first time I tried that trait, loved it! One of my favorite!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    edited January 2019
    Sims Logic: Oh...it's after 9:00PM...Let's call and see if so and so is up to chatting. (River receiving a call on the cell while she's trying to cook something for the family to eat)
    Real Life: If it ain't an emergency; don't friggin' call me after 9PM. If the phone rings at 10:50, it'd better be because somebody is on their death-bed or is in danger of dying or your house had better be on fire.
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top