Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mamasquirrel's Creators Corner For Builds

Comments

• kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @mamasquirrel Very Niche! (and nice too :) ). I wonder who could be getting married in this sort of hall? Kinda wish I'd had it a couple of weeks ago as Thiago and Gage were actually married on Christmas in my game. :) It's beautiful - Next Time! <3<3
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    kirivian wrote: »
    @mamasquirrel Very Niche! (and nice too :) ). I wonder who could be getting married in this sort of hall? Kinda wish I'd had it a couple of weeks ago as Thiago and Gage were actually married on Christmas in my game. :) It's beautiful - Next Time! <3<3

@kirivian Thank you and I guess you will have to wait and see ;) I will give a spoiler though, It's another one of my simselves in a side file I play to take a break from my main. You are such a great builder yourself, but anytime you need a little help on a build let me know. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    This is a loosely based on residential schools it was for America's school project
    2mM9KG9.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited December 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    It is great that you built a school @MadameLee. It was good to base it on real life residential schools.

um @rosemow I would suggest you read the history part of the chapter I just posted since residential schools weren't a good thing. It was to um "reap" the first person (Aka Native-think Disney Peter Pan ) in the child.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It is great that you built a school @MadameLee. It was good to base it on real life residential schools.

um @rosemow I would suggest you read the history part of the chapter I just posted since residential schools weren't a good thing. It was to um "reap" the first person (Aka Native-think Disney Peter Pan ) in the child.

Hello @MadameLee
    I thought that you were basing the school on a present day residential school. I am not reading your story so were unaware of what you wrote. I am sorry that I misunderstood what you built :(

Hello @MadameLee
    I thought that you were basing the school on a present day residential school. I am not reading your story so were unaware of what you wrote. I am sorry that I misunderstood what you built :(

@rosemow that's alright you misunderstood. But in Canada the last residential schools was closed in 1996 and most of (Canadian) First People's problems of today come from the "aggressiveness" (think of another term which starts with an "a" ) of what happened to them at the schools. They ended up not being able to talk to their family members in (Cree, Obijway, etc) because they weren't allowed to use that language in schools not even in letters home. Nor could they fit into the "White Man's culture" because they only went to school 4 days a month. (depending on the school until the 1950s it might even be half-days). 13 children died of a mix of whopping cough and measles.
    6adMCGP.gif
    This is a loosely based on residential schools it was for America's school project
    2mM9KG9.png

@MadameLee Thanks for sharing the school and for sharing the some of the history behind it.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    For those who didn't know, there was a Secret Simta thread made by @Karilan who did an awesome job on it. Thanks again Karilan for all your hard work. The person I got to do something for was @Skcaga6 and I built them a castle. Here's some photos of the castle now that they have it. It's available on the gallery. I did add the castle to one of my side games. I really like how it turned out. I did change it up some in my own game. I will post pics of that later.
    Outside:6lCrkBr.png
    XGJtm62.png
    First floor: Kitchen, Living room, Bathroom, and Nursery.
    QBEyCFL.png
    ccn0MgI.png
    CXmyuU7.png
    KMlN2Ar.png
    AXcRB3h.png
    6xlnn4C.png
    Second Floor: 4 Bedrooms, Bathroom, Activity Area.
    tZ14ATb.png
    sKagFoE.png
    Third Floor: Bathroom, Study, and Open space for anything you want to add.
    g4cx7iA.png
    Forth Floor: Toddler Room, Bathroom, Master Bedroom/Bathroom, and Activity Area.
    LuH9ouH.png
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    The exterior design of your Castle build is very nice! @mamasquirrel :) The towers look great! The type of windows used and the placement of them looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The dining table area in the dining room is very nice! It is nice that two tables are placed together in the middle of the room, so that a number of sims can enjoy eating meals together. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The crockery cabinets look great placed either sides of the fireplace The wall patterning add a nice look to the rooms, and candlelight suit the castle style of the home very well. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the living room. Sims will enjoy chatting there. The knights look great there. Very nice bedroom areas in the home. The activities room is a very nice place for Sims to enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table, enjoy playing the violin and have fun playing football and card table games.
    It is a very special castle build gift :)<3
    The exterior design of your Castle build is very nice! @mamasquirrel :) The towers look great! The type of windows used and the placement of them looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The dining table area in the dining room is very nice! It is nice that two tables are placed together in the middle of the room, so that a number of sims can enjoy eating meals together. The fireplace will keep the room warm. The crockery cabinets look great placed either sides of the fireplace The wall patterning add a nice look to the rooms, and candlelight suit the castle style of the home very well. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the living room. Sims will enjoy chatting there. The knights look great there. Very nice bedroom areas in the home. The activities room is a very nice place for Sims to enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table, enjoy playing the violin and have fun playing football and card table games.
    It is a very special castle build gift :)<3

@rosemow Thank you! I really enjoyed building this castle. I'm also glad that @Skcaga6 liked it too. I will be posting pics of the castle within my game soon.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I have added the castle to my library. I plan to use it in a future generation of my story. :) I'll do some landscaping around the outside of it. Maybe add a moat. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Happy New Year! I hope that everyone finds healing, hope, love, and kindness in the new year as well as give it. It's a new year and time to put all the negative things and people that have brought negative to your life in 2018 behind you. Time to surround yourself with goodness.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I have added the castle to my library. I plan to use it in a future generation of my story. :) I'll do some landscaping around the outside of it. Maybe add a moat. lol

@Skcaga6 I really hope you enjoy it and would love to see what you do with it to make it more your own. I think it's awesome and kind of you to have plans in using it in your story. :)
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Happy New Year to you also! @mamasquirrel :) I hope that you will enjoy many special moments and days through the year :)

@rosemow Thank you and I hope you do too!
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Here is my latest build. It's the Heart Of Love Lounge. This is a wedding and party lounge. I think it would be awesome for Love Day Weddings, but can be used for any wedding. I just based this build simply on love. It's available on the gallery.
    1mjbDu4.png
    2nd Floor: Wedding area.
    oyt5vzj.png
    1st Floor: Entrance, 2 Bathrooms, Kitchen and party area.
    ELGtYAt.png
    gSzNNNj.png
    8NcjN05.png
    nGyiBXC.png
    ny7MRd1.png
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    The Heart of Love Lounge is very pretty! @mamasquirrel :) It is very special that it is in the shape of a heart! <3 The red colour of the upper level rooftop flooring, and the red colour scheme of the 1st floor looks very nice! It looks very nice how the wedding ceremony area has been set up, with the white armchairs either sides of the pretty pink hearts pattrerned floor rug in the aisleway. The wedding guests will enjoy sitting there watching the wedding taking place. The hearts patterned ceiling lights and banners and red and white balloons are a very nice touch. Very nice party and reception area! It looks very nice how there is a long row of red patterned dining tables for the wedding guests to enjoy sitting on the red chairs and eating a meal after the wedding. It is great that there is a kitchen area with a stove and fridge to prepare meals. The red and white balloons look very celebratory! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar whilst listening to the piano being played. Sims would enjoy dancing to the dj booth music on the chequered red and white dance floor. It is a nice touch that there is a mushroom dollhouse for kids to have fun playing with.
    It is a very special lounge for celebrating weddings! :)
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Awesome idea and well done <3<3<3 That sweet, bright, strong, overwhelming pink is just an eyesore for me on my screen so can't look at the images for long or I'll get another migraine. But what I saw is nicely done.
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Awesome idea and well done <3<3<3 That sweet, bright, strong, overwhelming pink is just an eyesore for me on my screen so can't look at the images for long or I'll get another migraine. But what I saw is nicely done.

@Gwiniel Thank you and if the colors are a bit much please feel free to change them. I plan on using it for a vow renewal in the future in one of my side games.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    The Heart of Love Lounge is very pretty! @mamasquirrel :) It is very special that it is in the shape of a heart! <3 The red colour of the upper level rooftop flooring, and the red colour scheme of the 1st floor looks very nice! It looks very nice how the wedding ceremony area has been set up, with the white armchairs either sides of the pretty pink hearts pattrerned floor rug in the aisleway. The wedding guests will enjoy sitting there watching the wedding taking place. The hearts patterned ceiling lights and banners and red and white balloons are a very nice touch. Very nice party and reception area! It looks very nice how there is a long row of red patterned dining tables for the wedding guests to enjoy sitting on the red chairs and eating a meal after the wedding. It is great that there is a kitchen area with a stove and fridge to prepare meals. The red and white balloons look very celebratory! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar whilst listening to the piano being played. Sims would enjoy dancing to the dj booth music on the chequered red and white dance floor. It is a nice touch that there is a mushroom dollhouse for kids to have fun playing with.
    It is a very special lounge for celebrating weddings! :)

@rosemow Thank you rosemow! I enjoyed building it and I hope it's useful for other simmers too.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
    Remember my homeless shelter? I finally got the picture of the arrest which happens within the shelter finally

QXc8nzU.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited January 2019
    @rosemow it's a pose and the expation will be in my next chapter

the article which will appear in the chapter
    Wz4adJ5.png
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
    @rosemow it's a pose and the expation will be in my next chapter

the article which will appear in the chapter
    Wz4adJ5.png

@MadameLee Thanks for sharing the arrest and did a great job on making it looks so real with both pics.
    yXW40Hz.png?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top