Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please EA: Fix our Vampires!! UPDATED NOVEMBER 2019

emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I started this thread on December 2018. I waited for many fixes for months, but at the end bug get fixed.

UPDATE: The new patch November 25th, even if it is not listed, fixed this bug: Vampires can not Back Float at pools Thanks! <3

5cYiLrV.png

UPDATE: Patch September 5th

Vampires
Fixed an issue where Vampires were exhibiting their old weaknesses even though they were not applied.

UPDATE: Patch July 16th

Dark meditation, fixed!

Influence Emotions, fixed! (BUT there is an issue: ALL the vampires have the option, if you use it you will see the animation but if the vampires do not have the power the action will be useless ;) Vampires need to reach the points for this to work.)

Update: vampires fixes from June 18th Patch:

-Vampire Sims will now once again gain points after they reach the Grandmaster level on pre-April (2019) patch saves.
-Your Vampires will no longer be unrightfully chastised by NPCs for drinking their blood after they specifically asked if it was ok. Like, I’m trying to be polite here and you said it was fine, and now you’re like all bent about it… what gives?
-Perfect Sun Resistance Vampires will no longer use umbrellas when routing in the sun. Flaunt it, baby.
-We fixed the weirdness with trying to add points while drinking the Draught of Reconfiguration. Now you should be able to add points just fine and your options won’t be greyed out.
-Cured Vampires will now change body temperature. Why you gotta be so cold?

NOTE the Draught of Reconfiguration fix do not fix The Ultimate Vampire Cure not working properly: your human sims keep the vampire weakness no matter what you do.

SADLY this patch give us 3 more bugs for our vampires:

1. Dark Meditation is broken
2. Influence Emotions is broken
3. Vampires can not Back Float at pools

Thanks for the fixes <3 personally I'm really happy with all of them (I wait months for them) but the 2 of the new bugs are game breakers (really, not dark meditation!!!). I hope we can get an emergency patch, I want to play Island Living with my vampires! Yes I preordered the new EP and I pay completely Vampires GP years ago :'(

+
+
+
Update: vampires fixes from April 16th Patch:

Vampires
- Vampire Sims created after installing this update will be able to continue to gain points after reaching the rank of Grand Master.
Note: Vampires that already exist will continue to experience a problem with gaining points after reaching Grand Master. We’re investigating a separate fix for Vampires in existing save files.
- Fixed some circumstances where Vampire NPCs could appear at a venue and prevent the player from being able to save the game.
- Fixed an issue where NPC Vampires would have their Vampire Energy drained after completing a load, which was causing them to idle in place instead of performing their expected autonomous behavior.

December 2018
I was waiting for my holidays to enjoy my sims, but when I discovered that the December 20-21 patchs did not fixed my vampires. I was discouraged with SIMS 4 for the first time :'( Sorry, but that CAS issue that was fixed was not a gamebreaker bug.

I play sims since Sims 2, I know that patches can mess up gameplay, but now I feel they can devastate the entire game.

Please, EA, If you are not going to give us more supernatural packs at least keep safe our vampires. Vampires Gamepack WAS perfect, now is ruined :'(

Well, I will wait as usual for the fixes:

Hd0qvgX.png

Post edited by emere on

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Can you indicate what is the matter here? I've just started a vampire play through and would like to know what problem I'm looking for?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    If you're speaking of the Grant Master Vampires can't not level up anymore there's is a bugfix mod for it. Crintic shared it.
    https://simfileshare.net/download/900868/
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

This @Hermitgirl

1. Grand Master Vampires can not level up. You can not buy more powers.
    2. Vampires with umbrellas are messed up.
    3. The Ultimate Vampire Cure not working properly: your human sims keep the vampire weakness.
    4. "Slay vampire" do not work with NPC vampires. NPC vampires do not die even if they stay all day under the sun lol
    5. Draught of Reconfiguration cocktail not working properly: you can not use all your power points.

Thanks @Madachan88 but I only play vanilla, I do not use mods or cc. But thanks for sharing, maybe other simmers can find this mod useful ;)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Thanks for clarifying @emere I'll be on the lookout for some of these problems to report if they fit with the story I'm playing out and I see them :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    That sounds like a lot of annoying bugs. I don't play vampires very often, so I haven't run into it.
    But, issue no. 2 isn't specific to vampires, all Sims have issues with umbrella's - at least I have a few that keep closing and opening them every few steps they take. Or they forget they ever took an umbrella, etc.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2018
    One of my main sims is a grand master vampire, so I can sympathise. The power issue isn't something I've noticed as I only ever wanted him to have specific powers which he has already. However, the umbrella issue is a nuisance, particularly as he's not even affected by the sun. I had to remove the umbrella from his inventory to stop him constantly trying to get it out outside. I do wish vampires would react to the change in temperature/seasons though and change their clothing for instance. This probably isn't a bug however, but by design.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    That CAS bug wasn't gamebreaking and sims being sad is? Wow.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yeah i was wondering why none of my vamps seemed to be working right :( master vampires cant gain any skill at all so i never get to really reach full power. it really sucks
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yeah, they're in an extremely messy state right now. Had to make mine human until these get resolved.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I agree...though I am glad they fixed that CAS bug too, it was super annoying! >< I too am having all of the same issues you are with my own vampires. Almost all of my sims are vampires so theses bugs are really annoying for me. I did try to cure my favorite vampire until a bug-fix was given, but even that didn't work since his needs didn't decay like a human's and he couldn't eat any food without getting sick and throwing it up. I too wait patiently for a fix for my favorite type of sim.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Whats sad is that I have several mods that make vampires more enjoyable. The recent addition to my collection makes them usable again! Seriously, this game needs mods to be playable. And there are people who play this game without mods. How they can enjoy the game as much as people like me is beyond me.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    That sounds like a lot of annoying bugs. I don't play vampires very often, so I haven't run into it.
    But, issue no. 2 isn't specific to vampires, all Sims have issues with umbrella's - at least I have a few that keep closing and opening them every few steps they take. Or they forget they ever took an umbrella, etc.

I thought this was only an issue on the console version. Nice to see it isn't, stinks that its a bug for both versions though. I hope they work it out as it impacts my gameplay on my vamps on ps4. I hate them "batting" or "misting" around everywhere, but I've had to resort to that if they go collecting during the day. I thought if they had sunlight resistance they wouldn't need an umbrella during the day, oh well.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    Whats sad is that I have several mods that make vampires more enjoyable. The recent addition to my collection makes them usable again! Seriously, this game needs mods to be playable. And there are people who play this game without mods. How they can enjoy the game as much as people like me is beyond me.
    Ooh what are the mods? @Zasz
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    @Simpkin
    Dark Meditation Buff - Flavor 1
    MTS_Ulfric_Grimbrand_PlasmaFruitSalad
    PrincessVee_No_Drink_And_Drain_Lifespirit_Restrictions
    Revy_VampDuelGainConflict
    Revy_VampSparGainConflict
    Revy_VampSparTeenAdult
    sims4me_nofakevampire
    SweeneyTodd - Reduced Vampire Thirst Decay Rate 5x
    Tmex-HollowEternalNight
    No Vampire Weakness points gained - by Sheikus
    VampireInheritedXPx3
    VampireRankFix_Mathcope
    xRedRidingCat_StopGrowlingDFDefault
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited December 2018
    Grand Masters can't gain Power points has already been mentioned and reported.

I had a Vampire working on the Good Vampire aspiration which requires buying the Tamed Thirst Vampire Power. If your Grand Master stops earning power points you can't do that. I had to have my Vampire mix the Draught of Reconfiguration so he could buy that required Power to satisfy the aspiration goal. Then he had to mix a second Draught so I could reset his Powers back to ones that are actually useful for him.

I had another Grand Master Vampire mix and drink the Ultimate Cure last light - it reset his Powers and Weaknesses instead. He had to mix a second one.

Gardening with a Vampire is a chore because you have to click on each item for a Vampire to plant it, water it, harvest it, weed it, or spray for bugs. Once in a great while, a Vampire will garden like a human but that doesn't happen very often. If you click on"Tend Garden" the Vampire will look at his garden and declare that everything looks fine even when plants and trees need water, have weeds, or need to be sprayed for bugs. The same thing happens with harvesting plants - you have to click each one until they can do Super Sell.
    Monaveil wrote: »
    Above I mentioned the fix/mod: VampireRankFix_Mathcope
    Seems to work. For now.
    I had a Vampire working on the Good Vampire aspiration which requires buying the Tamed Thirst Vampire Power. If your Grand Master stops earning power points you can't do that.I had to have my Vampire mix the Draught of Reconfiguration so he could buy that required Power to satisfy the aspiration goal. Then he had to mix a second Draught so I could reset his Powers back to ones that are actually useful for him.
    With the above mod its doable now. Tehcnically it was possible the whole time if you either
    - level your vampire to max rank and then use the cheat for the current maximum amount of points (46 I think)
    - use the cheat to instantly hit max rank and get 46 (?) points to use as you please
    I had another Grand Master Vampire mix and drink the Ultimate Cure last light - it reset his Powers and Weaknesses instead. He had to mix a second one.
    Thats a new one. Not sure if you want to torture yourself through the bug report over at AHQ for it. But you should.
    Gardening with a Vampire is a chore because you have to click on each item for a Vampire to plant it, water it, harvest it, weed it, or spray for bugs. Once in a great while, a Vampire will garden like a human but that doesn't happen very often. If you click on"Tend Garden" the Vampire will look at his garden and declare that everything looks fine even when plants and trees need water, have weeds, or need to be sprayed for bugs. The same thing happens with harvesting plants - you have to click each one until they can do Super Sell.
    Honestly Im fine with that. It makes the garden more interactive instead of "fire and forget" until the sim is done.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I don't personally have vampire game pack, since there is a fix mod from it - I hope the game developers fix it instead of saying "oh there is a mod for it, we can leave it for later"

Hopefully this will be fixed soon from the game developers as there are going to be customers buying this game pack unaware that it is broken as you stated your issues.
    You can bet on that, @Finbar659 . I talked about the 4 columns mod for CAS and someone who is a longer than me forum user never heard of it. Both situations are unacceptable.
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    @emere
    I feel your pain :| Vampires GP is practically TS4 base game for me

---
    Please take a moment and check bug reports (click "me too" etc): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Gameplay-Issues/m-p/3445209#V
    Also check other packs issues. Sadly, this is a long read for TS4.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I haven't played vampires since GF came out. They keep getting accused of drinking from sims without permission and get a bad rep hit, when I have them ask every single time and get permission.
    I never knew there were that many problems with them and the only thing that would affect my vampires would be the no more points after grand master.
    And I am still waiting to see a fix for them training. The training vampire will do both animations for themselves and the one they are training, the other one just stands there. It's not a mod related problem because it remained when I took my mods folder out and repaired the game.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I noticed a problem with choosing perks/weaknesses.

If I click on the multi-level powers (like dampened emotions), it won't let me click it again to level that power up.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    @emere what is the house in your siggy? it is so super cute!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Gahh... my current PT doesn't involve vampires so I wasn't aware of all the details. It is sad because the Vampire Pack is golden! Hope they will be back to their usual awesome self soon :)

Indeed @MDianaSanders those umbrellas are a thing for all sims. Usually the queu action is interrupted. For vampires with the Supernatural Speed is a problem with the arm animation, I call it "Broken Arm" that only can be fixed if you travel no another lot. And the vampires with full Sun Resistance use the umbrella all the time :/ For a rotational player is a nightmare because even if you choose to keep out the umbrellas with a household and the you change to another household the previous one will use the umbrellas again :smile:

Happy New Year!

I had a Vampire working on the Good Vampire aspiration which requires buying the Tamed Thirst Vampire Power. If your Grand Master stops earning power points you can't do that. I had to have my Vampire mix the Draught of Reconfiguration so he could buy that required Power to satisfy the aspiration goal. Then he had to mix a second Draught so I could reset his Powers back to ones that are actually useful for him.

All this bugs are reported, many of them for edges lol. I know that it is not easy to fix them but I really feel vampires are being put aside :( The garden one is bad too, but Patchy is the answer to that problem.

Happy New Year!