Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 2 of Simsmas: Simsmassy avatars

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Warm winter wishes to everyone!

38401670205_f0faa10d30_o.jpg
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Here's mine, though you don't have to make it an avatar if it's too much work. h.t.t.p.s.://imgur.com/a/zVGPRtk

I wanted to go casual look. I took a lot of pictures from different angles to get the right look. Originally, I was gonna go with h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/jhbVrab , but I went with the above because my sim looks so dead inside. Like he knows that the sweater is ugly, but he's going to wear it for Grandma.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    > @Orchidah1 said:
    > @SimsLegacyStory
    > How did you get such nice screenshot? Very Creative :)

It's a pose. Three generations of my legacy. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2018
    Gordy wrote: »
    Here's mine, though you don't have to make it an avatar if it's too much work. kHMDLee.png

I wanted to go casual look. I took a lot of pictures from different angles to get the right look. Originally, I was gonna go with jhbVrab.png
    , but I went with the above because my sim looks so dead inside. Like he knows that the sweater is ugly, but he's going to wear it for Grandma.

Hello @Gordy :) Your avi looks great!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    happy holidayyy

UInzvX9.png
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2018
    It's lovely to see all the avatars, thanks for joining :blush:
    Gordy wrote: »
    Here's mine, though you don't have to make it an avatar if it's too much work. h.t.t.p.s.://imgur.com/a/zVGPRtk
    (...) I went with the above because my sim looks so dead inside. Like he knows that the sweater is ugly, but he's going to wear it for Grandma.
    :sweat_smile: Poor Sim!

And no worries, happy to change it - Simsmas vibes for the forum! :smiley:
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    This one feels very Christmasy to me but...

mx0qft3.png

...this one works better as a profile pic. :D

ApM2Y9n.png

aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited December 2018
    While the other Sims around her tried to get inside as soon as possible, my Sim seemed to actually enjoy the snow storm :blush:

X1q9pnW.png
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    Love all the Holiday avatars! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa everyone! :)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    "I went with the other one because it makes him look dead inside"
    Omg xD I LoLed cause this caught me off guard. I like it.
  • Options
    RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    edited December 2018
    W6SzyxA.png
    Here's mine! This is the first Christmas for Emma and her foster kids: Una (in pink), Dua (in red), Tressa (orange), Ford (yellow), Quinn (green), Sia (blue), and Septimus (purple)!

• Options
    stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    I wore a blue Santa hat this year, so I let my Sims wear them too!
    6YQRuF5.png
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Holiday season's all about festive decors, food, attires, and family reunions :)
    utSESf4.jpg
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited January 2019
    My Simself had a great time dressing up for the holidays. Her daughter, on the other hand, wished for a more subtle Christmas...
    dIG3XKz.png

Edit: Here's the icon-sized one I used.

AIRT3A6.png
    Post edited by phantasmkiss on
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    My Simself in front of the christmas tree. That's something me and my family did every year when I was a kid, so naturally I had to make my Sim do it as well.

h.t.t.p.s://imgur.com/gallery/9DJt4E2
  • Options
    Catlady wrote: »
    My Simself in front of the christmas tree. That's something me and my family did every year when I was a kid, so naturally I had to make my Sim do it as well.
    1KV4thb.png

Your simself is very pretty! @catlady :)
  • Options
    Valuzza90Valuzza90 Posts: 208 Member

My Christmas Simself! ^_^

04-01-19-16-26-54.png

From my Sims Family <3
  • Options
    KilyleKilyle Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm gonna play for a while and see if I can't come up with the moolah to buy some decorations or whatever (my household has spent down to nearly zero and I'm just getting used to the game and providing for the basics so my toddler isn't so unhappy), but in the meantime (and just to check out if this link works), if you were going to encapsulate my holiday experience for the past few years, it'd be this: falling asleep on the couch and just zoning out of the celebration.

drive.google.com/open?id=1hqNt1-S9sqCySomRtR2HzNQT2LXo3f_5

My friend in the Philippines was just describing her epic Christmas celebration of visiting like 15 different households over like a week (my memory may be exaggerating slightly), with so many parties that it got to be exhausting for her despite the fun, and I was just like... look, I'm an introvert who responds to parties by hiding near the bookshelf for an hour until I feel safe enough to join in with people I don't yet know. You have just described Christmas Hell to me, thanks; I can barely make it through ONE party without feeling like it's too much. And by the end of Thanksgiving, which has been my favorite family get-together as an adult (far better than Christmas), I'd be off sitting down somewhere, avoiding the group conversations, hoping that it would all be over soon and we could go home. I'd likely have sought a couch to nap on if (a) it weren't rude to fall asleep at someone else's house and (b) I didn't feel weird and vulnerable for falling asleep without blankets and a private room.

Furthermore, the past couple of Christmases (including this last one) have been us staying home, maybe eating a little bit of special fare, but generally just spending time relaxing, nothing special. Not even a tree. And because my hours are weird, I stay up late at night and sleep during the day, so I spent most of Christmas sleeping, and most of the rest on the computer.

Hence, that pic actually gives a well-rounded view of my experience of the holidays (even though none of my Sims characters look the least bit like me).
  • Options
    Kilyle wrote: »
    I'm gonna play for a while and see if I can't come up with the moolah to buy some decorations or whatever (my household has spent down to nearly zero and I'm just getting used to the game and providing for the basics so my toddler isn't so unhappy), but in the meantime (and just to check out if this link works), if you were going to encapsulate my holiday experience for the past few years, it'd be this: falling asleep on the couch and just zoning out of the celebration.

drive.google.com/open?id=1hqNt1-S9sqCySomRtR2HzNQT2LXo3f_5

My friend in the Philippines was just describing her epic Christmas celebration of visiting like 15 different households over like a week (my memory may be exaggerating slightly), with so many parties that it got to be exhausting for her despite the fun, and I was just like... look, I'm an introvert who responds to parties by hiding near the bookshelf for an hour until I feel safe enough to join in with people I don't yet know. You have just described Christmas Hell to me, thanks; I can barely make it through ONE party without feeling like it's too much. And by the end of Thanksgiving, which has been my favorite family get-together as an adult (far better than Christmas), I'd be off sitting down somewhere, avoiding the group conversations, hoping that it would all be over soon and we could go home. I'd likely have sought a couch to nap on if (a) it weren't rude to fall asleep at someone else's house and (b) I didn't feel weird and vulnerable for falling asleep without blankets and a private room.

Furthermore, the past couple of Christmases (including this last one) have been us staying home, maybe eating a little bit of special fare, but generally just spending time relaxing, nothing special. Not even a tree. And because my hours are weird, I stay up late at night and sleep during the day, so I spent most of Christmas sleeping, and most of the rest on the computer.

Hence, that pic actually gives a well-rounded view of my experience of the holidays (even though none of my Sims characters look the least bit like me).

Hello @Kilyle :) Welcome to the forums!
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer

This is your picture .
    8PgIKI1.png

Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for showing the picture!

Does this forum allow for italics and/or bold text, or is it just plain text? It feels weird trying to emphasize words using caps.
  • Options
    Thank you for showing the picture!

Does this forum allow for italics and/or bold text, or is it just plain text? It feels weird trying to emphasize words using caps.

You’re welcome @Kilyle :) There is a bold and an italics button just above the comments box which can be used, ( they are the first two buttons) but you may not be able to use them whilst you are still a new member. You may need to only use plain text whilst you are still a new member, but you will be able to use them as a full member,
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >You may need to only use plain text whilst you are still a new member, but you will be able to use them as a full member,

Ah, I wondered if that was what it was. I suppose that's a sensible restriction until the newbie proves some facility with basic English.

Thanks for your help! Now to see how much holidays-ing I can manage before this contest thing runs out tomorrow.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >You may need to only use plain text whilst you are still a new member, but you will be able to use them as a full member,

Ah, I wondered if that was what it was. I suppose that's a sensible restriction until the newbie proves some facility with basic English.

Thanks for your help! Now to see how much holidays-ing I can manage before this contest thing runs out tomorrow.

You’re welcome :)