Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nvd3dum

I played a game, I went out without saving and crashed it! in seeing the error says Nvd3dum ... is it about the graphics card? what can I do?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That's an Nvidia graphics card driver, yes. But what exactly did the error say? It's missing, has an access violation, is shutting down...something else like an error code? If this is a new issue, have you upgraded your Nvidia drivers lately and if so do you have a path to roll back?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • pizzaspizzas Posts: 8 New Member
    so ... it happened to me as I left the game without saving! I updated the drivers last week ... in the text he told me, access violation with a code and then dicena nvd3dumdll in the text he also said, you have to update the sims 3 ... but still concerns the graphics drivers ...!
    so ... it happened to me as I left the game without saving, in fact I did not notice! I updated the drivers last week ... in the text he told me, access violation with a code and then he said nvd3dumdll in the text he also said, you have to update the sims 3 ... but it concerns the graphics drivers ...!
    this is the content of the error:
    [Exception info]
    date: 2018-12-23
    time: 01.00.08
    type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x242be438
    address: 0x6c208588 "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_01c064f3d89f92be\nvd3dum.dll":0x0001:0x006f7588

[Call stack]
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_01c064f3d89f92be\nvd3dum.dll
    0x6c208588

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_01c064f3d89f92be\nvd3dum.dll
    0x6c20a5e3

0x6c367def

0x6c2d8212

0x6c36da6a

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d9.dll
    0x6ccb802d

0x6ccb7deb

0x6ccc4250

0x6ccc434c

0x6ccd10af
    edited December 2018
    pizzas wrote: »
    so ... it happened to me as I left the game without saving, in fact I did not notice! I updated the drivers last week ... in the text he told me, access violation with a code and then he said nvd3dumdll in the text he also said, you have to update the sims 3 ... but it concerns the graphics drivers ...!
    Not sure whom you are texting with there, but TS3 hasn't had a substantial update since Jan 2014, coming up on five years ago now. If you are on Patch 1.67 or 1.69, there are no updates.

Sounds to me like your graphics driver is indeed crashing for whatever reason whether or not the game doesn't like it. If this never happened before the driver update, again I would have to ask if you can roll back the update so that it's back to where it was before.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    the game is completely updated to 1.69 the problem is Nvidia graphics card that makes tantrums, so I take the pc from a technician and I have it fixed!
    Hate to say this then, but you might need a new technician. Again, there are no updates to be had for TS3. It works fine on most modern graphics cards in addition to the older ones it more formally recognizes. Which exact Nvidia card do you have?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    my graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce 1050
    edited December 2018
    Okay, a 1050 should run TS3 fine but it's a powerful enough card that vertical sync needs to be arranged on it through the Nvidia Control Panel and possibly (for many players) Nvidia Inspector needs to be used to ensure that the frame rate gets capped. TS3 has no functional built-in fps limiter and the more powerful cards can run wild on it. Most monitors run at 60 Hz so the goal would be an upper limit of 60 fps throughout gameplay, some can run higher. To see the fps rates you are actually getting in-game , ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). To make the display go away, cheats console again and fps off (enter).

But this all assumes that the card is working properly to begin with and that it is getting an adequate supply of power from your system's PSU (Power Supply Unit). Is this the system's original card or was it added in as an upgrade? You may want to verify with your tech support person that the system does have adequate power and cooling for this card regardless. The dll crashing issues suggest that the current driver is just not playing nice with Windows right now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    my monitor is at 60HZ ... so even in the game I have to put in the 60hz screen settings?
    The game has no functional fps limiter. That is why I suggested checking the actual frame rates you are getting with the fps on cheat code and using the Nvidia Control Panel to set vertical sync for the game (and Nvidia Inspector, if also required) to cap things.

We're not actually sure what the pull-down menu for the different refresh rates in the built-in Game Options is supposed to do, but it certainly doesn't limit frame rates.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!