The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wouldn't This Be Awesome?!

RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
Every Sims 3 World, all in one. Sims could drive or boat through all the towns, no loading screens; you go from Sunset Valley, through Sunlit Tides, through Hidden Springs...All the way up to the end of the line, Midnight Hollow. Oh, I want that. I want it so much it hurts. :'(
Be safe.

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I kind of like that theyre seperated. Theyre all their own little worlds, in who knows where
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It would be nice, but our computers could never handle it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Afraid that TS3's 32-bit game engine (on any computer) would likely explode under the strain as well. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I can barely keep up with all the townie birthday makeovers in one world! The thought of having to repopulate, then manage, all the worlds and their populations is more than I would want to take on.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    It would be amazing... And likely cause everyone's computer to spontaneously develop sentience and go on strike in protest of trying to run said mega world.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I kind of like that theyre seperated. Theyre all their own little worlds, in who knows where
    I agree with this. Though travelling between the worlds (the way WA does and NRaas Traveller) is something I love. But I don’t like all townies to mix up in all the worlds.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    A lovely idea but as @igazor says the TS3 programme isn't up to the job and most of our computers would blow a gasket if asked to handle such a large world file.

At least we can move our families between worlds and I understand there is a traveller mod. Perhaps with the next pc version of the sims we will get the opportunity to move between worlds quickly and easily.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Remember our old computers back in the sims 1? 9 gb of memory... And now...

So, in a couple of years, this might be possible. That, if EA doesn't discontinue its game and we don't have a stupid windows 13 that isn't compatible with the game...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    edited December 2018
    Hejix wrote: »
    Remember our old computers back in the sims 1?
    (groans) Yes, I remember. My computer at the time only barely met the minimum requirements to play TS1, I had to run it from an external 18 GB drive, and I never did get all of the EPs. Livin' Large was great, but Unleashed (pets) with its town center almost killed it, though it still performed just well enough to continue playing. By the time a I got a spiffier system I had just about moved on from that game, but it was still fun while it lasted.

Some things never change, it's always just about random when new games come out or suddenly seem interesting as to who can run them properly depending on where they are with the evolution of their own systems at the time unless one is fortunate enough to be able to stay ahead of the curve with all new or upgraded hardware every year or two. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    Remember our old computers back in the sims 1?
    (groans) Yes, I remember. My computer at the time only barely met the minimum requirements to play TS1, I had to run it from an external 18 GB drive, and I never did get all of the EPs. Livin' Large was great, but Unleashed (pets) with its town center almost killed it, though it still performed just well enough to continue playing. By the time a I got a spiffier system I had just about moved on from that game, but it was still fun while it lasted.

Some things never change, it's always just about random when new games come out or suddenly seem interesting as to who can run them properly depending on where they are with the evolution of their own systems at the time unless one is fortunate enough to be able to stay ahead of the curve with all new or upgraded hardware every year or two. :)

Yea, tell me about it. I ran a 3DMark benchmark on my current setup. And while my graphics card is decent and can maintain a frame rate in the low to mid 20's (with one brief dip down to 19.75 fps) even for the Time Spy benchmark tests (which are testing for high end capabilities), the CPU test showed just how old and out of date my CPU is. I've had this tower for around 10 years I think, and it shows. During the CPU benchmark test frame rates were between 2.2 and 4.4 frames per second.

My new tower that should be here on Jan 14th will be a MASSIVE upgrade. For once I'll have a recent (8th gen) CPU and a couple of linked upper end graphics cards I usually just get an okay off the shelf PC from Best Buy or Wal-Mart about once every 10 years, then upgrade the graphics card to whatever I have on hand. Maybe buying a new budget graphics card once every five years. I didn't buy a graphics card five years ago due to the tower I had bought having a better graphics capability with it's integrated chip then the Radeon X300 I'd had at the time. In fact it was TS3 that convinced me to buy a new graphics card, and then I'd gotten a Radeon RX 560 due to it being the best one I could afford at the time. :)
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, I don't think I can afford a Blue Gene (research discontinued) or a Cray...not with my current economic situation. :smirk:

Even the system that I have planned out that I want to get for gaming as well as photo/video editing wouldn't be able to handle that kind of a "world". It'd go on strike.

@CravenLestat. LMAO. :D
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    My new tower that should be here on Jan 14th will be a MASSIVE upgrade. For once I'll have a recent (8th gen) CPU and a couple of linked upper end graphics cards I usually just get an okay off the shelf PC from Best Buy or Wal-Mart about once every 10 years, then upgrade the graphics card to whatever I have on hand. Maybe buying a new budget graphics card once every five years. I didn't buy a graphics card five years ago due to the tower I had bought having a better graphics capability with it's integrated chip then the Radeon X300 I'd had at the time. In fact it was TS3 that convinced me to buy a new graphics card, and then I'd gotten a Radeon RX 560 due to it being the best one I could afford at the time. :)

Oooh...everybody's gettin' new computers. :D Double graphics cards? Awesome. I've been considering that myself for the system that I build, but I may just go with dual 1080s, I can't see myself spending $1K for a 1080ti 11GB or a 2080 - I'll opt to go 6GBx2 with dual linking if I'm going to spend $1K on graphics cards. Considering going overboard though on the HDDs in my system build. If I can get back to photography, a 4TB drive will fill up quickly.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    1k on graphics cards?! No, not exactly. Well, maybe. Not sure what the price of an RX 580 is. But a pair of Crossfire linked RX 580 instead of a single GeForce GTX 1050 Ti did add $450 to the price of the tower. Although I did almost go for a pair of GeForce GTX 1070 cards. But that would have added $800 to the price tag, and I'd also wanted to up the RAM and hard drive while trying to keep the price below 2k.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    1k on graphics cards?! No, not exactly. Well, maybe. Not sure what the price of an RX 580 is. But a pair of Crossfire linked RX 580 instead of a single GeForce GTX 1050 Ti did add $450 to the price of the tower. Although I did almost go for a pair of GeForce GTX 1070 cards. But that would have added $800 to the price tag, and I'd also wanted to up the RAM and hard drive while trying to keep the price below 2k.

I've seen RX580s go for $259.99CDN - don't know what it comes out to US $.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

I've seen RX580s go for $259.99CDN - don't know what it comes out to US $.

A quick search shows them going for around $200 USD on Newegg, but I'm also seeing prices of around $300 each. Think when I last was at Best Buy pricing graphics cards they were close to $600, which put them out of my price range at the time. Obviously the price has gone down some now that AMD has a better top end graphics card out. Considering a search is putting the original card that the build had at around $200 and the crossfire config added $450, I'm thinking they are probably around $300 each if you buy them at the store.
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member

So, in a couple of years, this might be possible. That, if EA doesn't discontinue its game and we don't have a stupid windows 13 that isn't compatible with the game...

Maybe by 2025, we'll have Sims 10 which would handle any and all system formats. Hah!
    Be safe.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    That would be awesome! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    KimRS wrote: »

Maybe by 2025, we'll have Sims 10 which would handle any and all system formats. Hah!

Hmm... It's 2019 now (or at least will be tomorrow). EA is having trouble due to investors constantly demanding "Moar profits nao" and us gamers (the main consumer for EA's products) getting tired of their greedy BS. The Sims is only on the 4th game, fifth if you include The Sims: Medieval. And I'm fairly sure TS4 hasn't been doing as well as EA would like it to considering how often people post about returning to TS3 (or older games) after getting fed up with TS4.

Somehow, I don't think there will be a new Sims game every year for the next six years.

• FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    Ahh all this talk about GOOD computers is making me wish I had one :((
    Oh well, maybe when I start college I will finally have an excuse go get a new, better laptop.
    FabBunny wrote: »
    Oh well, maybe when I start college I will finally have an excuse go get a new, better laptop.

Why do you need an excuse? Not that "I'm going to collage" is likely a believable excuse to others for why you'd need a gaming laptop rather then an off the shelf one.
    Why do you need an excuse? Not that "I'm going to collage" is likely a believable excuse to others for why you'd need a gaming laptop rather then an off the shelf one.
    That would be to help justify the expense to ourselves, not necessarily to others. As in I have to buy a new computer anyway, so let's start the budget with a basic one and then see how far we can stretch things.

We can't even begin to presume knowledge of others' economic conditions and I would hate to think that any sims player might be contemplating sacrificing things like access to sufficient food or the ability to pay their existing bills in order to acquire a stronger computer so their games will run better.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited January 2019
    igazor wrote: »

We can't even begin to presume knowledge of others' economic conditions and I would hate to think that any sims player might be contemplating sacrificing things like access to sufficient food or the ability to pay their existing bills in order to acquire a stronger computer so their games will run better.

*blushes*

Did that once. In my defense, my mom was the one making the payments (and was my payee). So I had no idea she was paying as much each month as she was to get the $2000 computer paid off quicker. At the time when I realized what was happening my choices on how to make the budget balance out were "drop phone and internet" or "slash grocery budget in half". I opted to slash grocery budget in half (from $150 a month to $75 a month). I needed a phone, and internet access was a sanity issue.

I'd thought (and was budgeting) the payments would be $250 a month, not $400 a month.

Funny thing, it wasn't even a "gaming" PC. It was an off the shelf one from Best Buy. A decent computer, but the X300 I'd had was still an improvement over the new tower's built in graphics.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I guess.. but it's not a big deal to me.
    To me it's no big deal to play in one world at a time or to send a copy of Sims to another World and play them there.

Can you tell me Why you want it? If you're playing one family in one world why do you need to have them boat to another world so bad it hurts?
    If it hurts to think about because of wanting it so much, you should look at it from a different point of view. Think of how long it would take to get from one town to the next. How long it would take for their date to show up- who randomly called from Riverview while your Sim lives in Midnight Hollow. O.O

Think how much fun it is to be able to Not have to travel for several Sim days from one town to the next while taking breaks for the Sim to eat and sleep and have fun. It doesn't sound fun to me at all.

Now, I love the way TS2 is set up with sub-hoods and yet the main hoods aren't linked. I dislike the way TS4 is set up with no choice in what is added. So, no- it wouldn't be Awesome in my mind to have the all joined. :(
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    @Rflong7 Dream breaker, lol. Realism, pffff. You made world travelling sound so tedious, hehe.

I remember when my mom wanted to buy me a mac for college (arts stuff). I was like, Nooooooooo, it can't run the siiiiiims. We hadn't the money or place for both. Years later, I have a gaming pc. We had a mac with bootcamp, but we never used the mac...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • FabBunnyFabBunny Posts: 158 Member
    FabBunny wrote: »

Ahhh no I think you misunderstood me. My laptop is fine. It's an average laptop which can run the sims on medium settings. I meant that when I go to college I will need to get a new laptop anyway (my current one is getting quite old and isn't running like it used to) so I was saying, that in a few months I'll be able to hopefully get a better one that can not only run sims, but also run all the applications and programs required for college.
    I could get one now, but would rather wait and get it when I know exactly what I will be needing for college. :)