Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How old are you, sim dude?

Would be fun to be able to ask the age of a sim. Like, "I'm and adult, and I've still 5 days to go before turning into an elder."

I know, it's too late now, as the game is done, but I'm always stressed when my sim asks someone in marriage.

I tried to move the future groom in the household before tying the knots, but the "move in" interaction didn't show up. I wonder why... Their relationship panel was full.
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yep, totally agree. Two tips:
    • Invite the sim you have your eyes on to have a makeover (you’ll need the Stylist Station from Ambitions); that will throw them back to day 1 of the life stage they’re in
    • Install Mastercontroller; you can check their exact age with that mod

As for having another sim move in, you can through testingcheatsenabled true if the option won’t show for some reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2018
    There's a friendly interaction to "Ask About Age"—the other sim will reply with a dialog box that says something like, "Sure, let's compare ages. It looks like I'm x days older/younger than you." Of course, you have to check your own sim's age for the comparison to help.

As @JoAnne65 said, NRaas MasterController shows sims' ages on the lists it generates when you're looking to run a command.

Even if you don't have MC, you can tell what age category whole groups of sims are in, as long as someone in your household already knows them: On the party invitation list, it shows the age group of any potential invitee. You can of course close the window once you see the list.

For the "Ask to Move In" function to show up, you need to be at least "good friends" (or close), and the other sim has to think yours is being "sociable" or "friendly" in the conversation. The interaction is also under the Friendly category. Plus, you can't have more than eight sims in your current household, including any pregnancies, unless you have NRaas Mover in place.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @puzzlezaddict Are you sure that option isn’t part of a mod? I’ve never seen it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @JoAnne65 No, I'm not totally sure. The first time I saw it was years ago. I'd just patched my game so I could add my... I think it was my first handful of NRaas mods, although it could have been when I installed one more and updated the rest. But even at the time, I didn't distinguish between the interactions that were patched into the game and those that a mod might have provided, other than the obvious.

If the interaction did come from a mod, though, it's probably the one I wouldn't list along with the small group of others I had back then.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    The Friendly/Ask About Age interaction does indeed come from an NRaas mod that we are not permitted to discuss here. :)

Ages can also be revealed for the player to see by way of NRaas Tagger.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited December 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    The Friendly/Ask About Age interaction does indeed come from an NRaas mod that we are not permitted to discuss here. :)

Ages can also be revealed for the player to see by way of NRaas Tagger.

Ding Ding Ding.

Tags used to be part of the NRaas MC mod but are now their own mod. You can configure the tags to contain a variety of helpful info such as sexual orientation, partner name (if they have one), etc.

P.S. As far as asking someone to move in: I have found that sometimes that interaction is no longer available if it is not used the first time it appears. So if I intend to invite a sim into the household I always check the first time they interact when their relationship is high enough.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Ah! But not an in-game feature. ;(

Why can't you discuss the mod here? You can, if you want.

I guess the move in interaction did not showed up because they were flirty.
    edited December 2018
    The NRaas mod we are dancing around and not mentioning, its name begins with a "W," is not allowed to be discussed on this forum under EA's rules. Not because it has an Ask About Age social interaction, but because of other things it offers that are not deemed to be age-appropriate.

And before someone beats me to it like last time, it's not WrittenWord. It's the other one. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Specifically because it includes options that move TS3 play outside of an ESRB T rating.

But we can talk about T-rated things it can do, like "Ask about age", or same-sex pregnancy/childbirth, and it really does support more than just the naughty stuff. :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    And there is always one of the potions which came with Supernatural which reverses aging. Very handy if you find your sim has accidentally married another sim who ages up to elder the following day :(
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited December 2018
    You can get the age-down potions in three ways: (Supernatural & Generations EP)
    1) Discovering Potions at the Chemistry Table where you can discover and craft a Young Again potion. (Generations EP)
    2) Fountain of Youth Elixir - at the Alchemy Table (Supernatural EP)
    3) Use Lifetime Rewards Points and buy the Potion of Youth (I find this a waste of Lifetime Reward Points since all it really takes is Level 10 Logic and a couple days at the Chemistry Table to create a Young Again potion) - but that may be your only option if you don't have the Supernatural or Generations EP.

And for those who have Hidden Springs, there's also the Leon's Fountain of Youth, which if you use the "Wish For Youth" interaction and your wish is granted, it sets your Sim's age back to Day 1 of the current age group that he/she's in right now. (if your sim is an Adult he will suddenly revert back to Day 1 of Adulthood). The Potions and the Elixir are the only way that you can send your sim right back to Day 1 of Young Adult.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    And there is always one of the potions which came with Supernatural which reverses aging. Very handy if you find your sim has accidentally married another sim who ages up to elder the following day :(
    That would depend on whether it is your intent to age the older sim down or age the younger sim up so they match. If the latter, all you really need is a birthday cake or two. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I don't really get why the W mod is age inappropriate though... it just offers some autonomy controls and it's nothing like the sims 4 ww version xD
    kwdT9wX.gif
    edited December 2018
    @Sunnyyesjams - I cannot answer that question without discussing the mod, which we are not allowed to do, so I have done so by PM. These things are really better discussed on our message boards at NRaas or elsewhere. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    There's also ambrosia, which you could use to age down the older sim to the beginning of their current life stage before they age up to the next stage. But before you can make it, you need level 10 in cooking and fishing, and possibly level 7 in gardening, unless your sim can find a life fruit somewhere.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @IreneSwift Yeah, I forgot that. :D Lifefruit, deathfish and a good load of cooking skill plus getting the recipe for ambrosia. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    A bit time consuming if you are in a hurry. :)
    The sauna has an option, I think it is revitalizing mud bath, that decreases the number of days by 1 until a sims ages up. Eating a life fruit does also.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    The sauna has an option, I think it is revitalizing mud bath, that decreases the number of days by 1 until a sims ages up. Eating a life fruit does also.
    I guess we all know what you meant, but this seems stated a bit backwards? Revitalizing things and life fruit (don't forget soy milk from the farm fresh store set!) should be decreasing a sim's age, not decreasing the number of days before their next age-up. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    I guess we all know what you meant, but this seems stated a bit backwards? Revitalizing things and life fruit (don't forget soy milk from the farm fresh store set!) should be decreasing a sim's age, not decreasing the number of days before their next age-up. :)

Yes, thanks.
  • Computerglitch8Computerglitch8 Posts: 17 Member
    mainly i use the edit in CAS cheat. a sim i wanted to pair my sim up with aged into an elder, so i edited her back into an adult! i believe cheating to go into CAS resets the days left in that stage, if that helps too. :)
  • SweetAndSaltySweetAndSalty Posts: 23 Member
    Sim might already be married or you may have too many in the household? use testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on sim and select "Add To Active Family"
  • 3dwaffle13dwaffle1 Posts: 36 Member
    elder :smiley: