Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited December 2018
    @JoAnne65

Your build looks awesome and totally in keeping with that dessert area of the map I so look forward to being able to download that lot as well :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you :smiley:

There's something odd about those (basegame) palmtrees by the way. I placed 4 and only 2 showed up. So I added those 2 again and now just 3 show up :| Is that a common glitch for those trees? Or is it Lucky Palms (never played in that world before).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »

There's something odd about those (basegame) palmtrees by the way. I placed 4 and only 2 showed up. So I added those 2 again and now just 3 show up :| Is that a common glitch for those trees? Or is it Lucky Palms (never played in that world before).

I don't know. I don't remember having that problem. :(
    Just went back to work on it and the trees show up just fine now, so I suppose it was some sort of hiccup ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Rflong7 Yup that road is definitely like that, I see EA never used the intersections of that road.

About the weird light, it seem to be a weird problem with the single windows from Supernatural when the arrow points inward.. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
    @Rflong7

I come to deliver houses! Not one but two, okay they are the same one twice in two different styles. The spooky Victorian as promised and it's light twin, decorated more modern but with some of the original features.

The light version. The roofs were a nightmare to get right, I nearly gave up XD I started missing sims 4's roofing system
    The garage isn't my favorite but everything looked weird.
    JOyHMdV.jpg

lIdvZRL.jpg

Upstairs
    GGoKTnj.jpg

Downstairs
    JsF4LtX.jpg

Download

The dark version, most items are from the supernatural pack. This one also has an added shed and a secret basement.
    671hr8K.jpg

LOgDXsK.jpg

Upstairs
    Q1LB63E.jpg

Downstairs
    xuqIxR1.jpg

Download

Also, the lot at the end of the neighborhood area, if you may have missed it, the front of the lot is set to the left if I remember correctly.
    They're Awesome! @06Bon06 Not just 1 but 2 and one's creepy. Thank you so much -*off to rec/save/fav them* :mrgreen:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    They're Awesome! @06Bon06 Not just 1 but 2 and one's creepy. Thank you so much -*off to rec/save/fav them* :mrgreen:

@Rflong7 I completely forgot, I used a staircase from the store. I can remove it if you want and replce it with a spiral one. It just worked too perfectly.
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72882&scategoryId=11572
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

@Rflong7 I completely forgot, I used a staircase from the store. I can remove it if you want and replce it with a spiral one. It just worked too perfectly.
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72882&scategoryId=11572

It's okay. I'll write it down to remove so you don't have to reupload the lot. :)
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

It's okay. I'll write it down to remove so you don't have to reupload the lot. :)

Okay, I don't mind though ^^ and it'll probably require some adjustments due to the stair shape.
    @Rflong7
    Hi, I edited the houses and fixed a small oversight.

Here
    brS9kqZ.jpg

And Here
    AkRmbUG.jpg

I also noticed a routing issue. I told my sims to go to the beach
    bDklB5N.jpg

From his apartment, near the Water tower. He got a taxi, went to the subway and the ended up at the volcano
    MQxWBcw.jpg

Where he got stuck perpetually getting in the water taxi, going in a small circle, getting out and then entering it again.
    PE3x1Hz.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited December 2018
    @JoAnne65 The exterior for your tomb is very attractive. Can't wait to see more.

@06Bon06 Your Victorian architecture looks great. I like both versions.

@Rflong7 I changed out the store items in my house (oh, except the glass dragon egg which is still there), plus exchanged a base game gaming system for the HELS one I found was in there. I left the lemonade pitcher on the balcony (Outdoor Living) and the chairs in the loft (Town Life), although they could come out. I know you said stuff packs are OK, but just checking what you'd prefer anyway. LOL

I also fiddled with that front porch roof I didn't like and came up with this:

31573171067_b8dde830a0_c.jpg

45789430444_67dc19f7bd_c.jpg

If that's all OK, I'll go ahead and upload it for you now, but I don't at all mind making some changes if you'd like.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @suzses
    Thank you ^^
    Ooo I love your house. Thanks to this world I have a new appreciation for the store stuff. It's hard to decorate without all the cute little things.
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
    @06Bon06 Thank you!
    :scream: I hate those water taxis. They seem to Have to find the spots for their endless twirls. :(

@suzses It's Excellent! Thank you so much for building and sharing it. :mrgreen:
    @suzses It's Excellent! Thank you so much for building and sharing it. :mrgreen:

Awesome. I'll upload it today. :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited December 2018
    @Rflong7 The finished house is uploaded for you. :)

Exchange link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9276816
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses wrote: »

I'm so sorry. I thought I already said thank you here but I see I didn't. It must have been on TS3 site.
    Thank you so much! I love it. :heart:
    @suzses wrote: »

I'm so sorry. I thought I already said thank you here but I see I didn't. It must have been on TS3 site.
    Thank you so much! I love it. :heart:

No worries! I thought you said something here, and I do remember that you did on my page on the old site. :) I'm just glad you like it.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited January 2019
    Oh I love the houses, also the dark one behind those trees (and the secret basement idea, sounds spooky, like that basement in the Midnight Hollow Synapse household).

I’ve shared pictures of my tomb (the interior) in the Last Picture topic, not here yet. I will when I have a bit more to show :smiley: I think I’ll make two versions. One with just basegame and World Adventures objects and when it’s finished and saved I want to replace some of it by stuff from packs and Store. Shouldn’t be too much work when I colour everything in the same way.

ETA: I found a website where they stated you can only build tombs in the foreign contries by the way. I don’t quite understand because I’m building it in Lucky Palms and so far everything works the way it should (also when I test it). I do have an annoying glitch (no options showing up when I want to set an object, after enabling the ability to add triggers and behaviors; when I close the game and restart it works again, which is both annoying and time consuming) so maybe that’s caused by it? Going to try and build further in Egypt, see if that will help.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2019
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Oh I love the houses, also the dark one behind those trees (and the secret basement idea, sounds spooky, like that basement in the Midnight Hollow Synapse household).

I’ve shared pictures of my tomb (the interior) in the Last Picture topic, not here yet. I will when I have a bit more to show :smiley: I think I’ll make two versions. One with just basegame and World Adventures objects and when it’s finished and saved I want to replace some of it by stuff from packs and Store. Shouldn’t be too much work when I colour everything in the same way.

ETA: I found a website where they stated you can only build tombs in the foreign contries by the way. I don’t quite understand because I’m building it in Lucky Palms and so far everything works the way it should (also when I test it). I do have an annoying glitch (no options showing up when I want to set an object, after enabling the ability to add triggers and behaviors; when I close the game and restart it works again, which is both annoying and time consuming) so maybe that’s caused by it? Going to try and build further in Egypt, see if that will help.

HI :mrgreen:

I thought that was your tomb in the topic. :)

I've not had a problem making tombs in regular neighborhoods (in that they worked, set up was always a pain to me) but my tombs are not complex. The article is wrong, there can be tombs right next door for raiding. I have them in Legacy Islands and Broken Heart Island... probably more worlds (my first). :(
    edited January 2019
    I think they may mean you can’t set them as tombs. I’ve moved it to Egypt now, just in case, and I noticed I can do that now. That indeed doesn’t influence the ability to build them though, like I said everything worked perfectly for my testing sim in Lucky Palms. So now worries and I continue :blush:

ETA:
    Yes, dear Horse’s Den, it’s true you can build and play tombs in home worlds fortunately :blush: I just had trouble with the setting of certain objects in Lucky Palms when I enabled them to interact with other objects (the possibility to tie them to a toggle), the options would disappear and only show up again when I closed and restarted the game. Now that I’m building it in Egypt, this problem doesn’t occur anymore and I wonder if it might be because you can set the lot as a tomb in WA worlds. Either way, it’s of no consequence when playing the tomb, just when you build it. So once I’ve built it, you indeed can place it in any world you want to.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
    Hi :)

Update on what's going on... which is nothing in CAW this month.

I've been fretting and worrying about our government shut down (my husband does work for the government) and I don't create well when I'm stressed. With money short, I got a job and am now working. Since I haven't worked in what feels like Ages, I'm a little tired from standing on my feet for so long. I've not been in a good mood to create in CAW.

I'm also not going to quit when he goes back to work (if I work out there) but I will get used to working and then can get back to CAW.

Thanks for understanding. :HUGZ: :cookie::heart:
  • Mr_DeaconMr_Deacon Posts: 83 Member
    Hi :)

Update on what's going on... which is nothing in CAW this month.

I've been fretting and worrying about our government shut down (my husband does work for the government) and I don't create well when I'm stressed. With money short, I got a job and am now working. Since I haven't worked in what feels like Ages, I'm a little tired from standing on my feet for so long. I've not been in a good mood to create in CAW.

I'm also not going to quit when he goes back to work (if I work out there) but I will get used to working and then can get back to CAW.

Thanks for understanding. :HUGZ: :cookie::heart:

I am sorry to hear how this shutdown has impacted you and your family.

Take care of yourself and your family. Sims can wait.

All good things to you and yours. <3

Hugs @Rflong7 . We can certainly wait but will be looking forward to your return. Hope all works out and goes well. <3
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top