Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Aurora Skies Christmas Romance Tale

2...Next

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    "Do more of what makes you happy..." :smiley:

Oh I intend to. :smirk:

:p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited December 2018
    @emorrill RE: Chapter 6. That was some dream! So Miriam was attracted to Jaron's "change of heart" before she was attracted to his body? I think her dream suggests otherwise. ;) ...Wow, Jaron went from hairy to sleek! Miriam was sure taken by surprise. ...Cute scenes of them snowball fighting. ...15 yrs older. What life span length do they have? Everything is relative. Besides, love can make things work. And so can Life Fruit and Young Again elixirs! It's good to be a sim. ...Interesting time at the diner. Not easy for Jarod. ...Fun conversation with Angelica and Pedro. But ouch! Ciro was not happy about Miriam's interest in Jarod. I guess he misses how close he and Miriam once were. He'd had romantic hopes for the two of them.

RE: Chapter 7, Part 1. Very romantic update! Great ice skating pictures. ...Loved the dialog too. Miriam knew that deep inside, Jarod had always been a kind man. ...Lovely scene of the two dancing on the pond. ...I liked the screenshots of them in the snow and watching the stars. Beautiful.

RE: Chapter 7, Part 2. Neat decorating in the ballroom. Detailed. ...Loved Miriam's dress and hairstyle/tiara. ...I'm so glad Jarod showed up. And he found something he could wear. Old suit, but it looked good on him. ...The close-ups of Miriam were awesome! She's gorgeous. ...And Tanya and Ciro seemed to be hitting if off nicely! Yay! ...I liked how you put lights up around the dance floor, column to column. Great shots of the party in general too. ...Perfect ending to a wonderful Christmas story! I really enjoyed reading it. <3
    Thank you so much @lanlyn ! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I always love reading your sweet and thoughtful comments. <3
    A very Merry Christmas to you. :star:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @meerkattime I always enjoy reading your sweet comments. Thank you. :heart: I'm glad you enjoyed the story and the ending. :)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Sorry I'm late! I hope you and your family had an awesome Christmas :)

Sneaky sneaky Miriam! Who says you need social media to stalk people :tongue:
    emorrill wrote: »
    He hoped he wouldn't fall and embarrass himself in front of her.
    Hey Jaron, you're forgetting something... just the previous day, you were wrestling with Miriam in the snow like a little kid. If she doesn't consider that childish behaviour to be embarrassing, she wouldn't think anything of you taking a little tumble on the ice!
    Aw, re-learning how to skate... together! That's the way :)
    You know it's a good relationship when you never run out of stuff to talk about! But I think another sign of a strong relationship (friendly and romantic alike) is being able to sit together in silence, just enjoying each other's company, without it ever feeling awkward.
    Miriam calling Jaron "Mr. Hodge" doesn't just make him feel like an old man, it also makes their relationship seem too formal. I hope that's the last time we hear that phrase from her!
    Miriam's eyes glistened a bit as she smiled at him. "That's really sweet of you to say," she said, looking down at their hands too. "But really I'm just...being me. You make it sound like I have some inner magic or something."
    "Well I think you do," he expressed. "Anyone who is willing to spread care and kindness toward someone who's heart was as cold and stone- hearted as mine, well...that's a gift Miriam."
    Well, a little bit of kindness can certainly improve one's life in magical ways! And props to Miriam, it takes a lot of courage to take that first step in reaching out to someone who seems so distant :)
    For someone so young, Miriam sure provides some sagely advice :tongue: I don't know how she became so wise, but for me, going to uni in a foreign country taught me important life lessons pretty fast!
    Ooh, a dance on the ice! Jaron managed to twirl her, how sweet :)
    Not to diss the man's violin playing... I'm sure it was wonderful, I'm just gonna say that while reading this whole segment where Jaron and Miriam were ice skating, this song was playing in my head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhEEw_oM2DE
    (Love this game and its soundtrack soooo much <3)

How kind of Miriam and Jaron to tip the poor homeless man AND buy him dinner :)
    Sure Jaron, it's unfortunate that you spent so long stewing in your anguish rather than doing something about it, but hey, just remember what Miriam said...
    Don't allow yourself to wallow away in your regrets from the past. I've done that before and I felt it destroying me. Just always try to focus on the gift of each new day, that's why they call it the present," she chuckled. "And never look back."
    (Now "remember what Miriam said" sounds like a solid piece of advice for whenever you're feeling low. Heheh :tongue:)
    What a day for Miriam and Jaron! Good on him for making a couple of new friends :>
    32489087088_0b3e46ebef_c.jpg
    The Fault In Our Stars, anyone? :tongue:
    Lovely shots of Miriam and Jaron watching the stars! I really like this one <3
    45637967664_ed65a4b6d3_c.jpg
    Hail to the Tab key! :tongue:
    What a wonderful story about old Marjorie Pay! Oh Jaron, there's no good reason to spend Christmas alone! There's just so much to do, plus, it's one of the few days where everyone's free, so you can't just let that opportunity go to waste.
    Thank goodness Miriam isn't gonna stop seeing Jaron even after Christmas! It would be such a pity for such a strong relationship to end just like that. To think they only built it up in a matter of days!
    Oh please show up at the ball, Jaron! It would be nothing short of a Christmas miracle! Besides, don't you think Miriam deserves to see you there, after all she's done for you?

Gotta run off for a bit, will be back with more very soon! :)
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Here's feedback for part 2!

Why am I not one bit surprised that Miriam was the one behind the Christmas Eve Ball... :tongue:
    45637966874_8e5342261f_c.jpg
    Love how you captured Miriam's expression here :) The decorations are all set up, the music is playing, but something's still missing from this party...
    Oh, I'm sure Jaron knew full well how much Miriam cared for him. She listened to his worries, had proper conversations with him, brought him gifts every day, and gently encouraged him to reconnect with other people! At this point, it would be a total di'ck move for him to just leave her hanging like that! And we know by now that that kind of stuff is just not something Jaron would do!
    Ciro's still being so polite to the woman who broke his heart, bless him!
    Yes, I knew Jaron would come through! :smiley:
    Angelica, Pedro, and Ciro lightly threw some cheers in her direction from the mistletoe side of the room.
    Good on them for not making a scene! If they had, they probably would've made Jaron so uncomfortable that he might've just walked out!
    Hey, I thought Miriam wasn't supposed to say "Mr. Hodge" anymore... but at least Jaron knows she's joking!
    Jaron doesn't seem the least bit uncomfortable with telling Miriam how beautiful she is. That's how you know it's all coming from the heart :>
    Hah, yay for Ciro getting his happy ending! He totally deserves it :D
    Oh, Jaron's not holding back one bit! Such a wonder, isn't it? In just 24 days he's gone from being grumpy and reclusive to talking to Miriam, eating out, making friends, learning to not care about gossip, and attending this big party and pouring out his affection to her!
    Too right Jaron, without her, none of this would've ever happened - not even the ball you're attending right now :tongue:
    Yeeessss, the kiss we've all been waiting for! Clearly Jaron doesn't care about possibly embarrassing himself in front of all the guests, he just loves Miriam too much <3 Talk about a change!
    A well-deserved happily-ever-after indeed, after everything Miriam has done for Jaron, and how much Jaron has changed for the better :)
    Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story with us! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :)
    @TinySpaceFox Awww, you are ever the sweetheart. <3
    I just LOVE reading your thoughtful comments on my stories...they make me smile, laugh and fill me with joy. :blush: They mean so much to me, especially knowing the time you put into writing them. Thank you. :kissing_heart:

And you're very welcome. :) It was a fun one to write and I'm glad so many of you enjoyed reading it. (Despite my fears that many of you wouldn't like it. :p )
    I'm thinking of doing a few posts in the future of Miriam and Jaron's future. :smirk: It will be fun to play it out and share. :blush:

Oh and by the way, David surfing in your new Avi pic... :love: Rawr! And poor Martin in your signature. :lol: He's too cute even when he's annoyed!

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing more game updates from you. {{{{Hugs}}}}