Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited December 2018
    In the painter career (critics branch) you can have a chance card where you can choose to criticize the work of a painter for fame and after this you can have a bad relationship with the painter in question. That's amazing!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you're in a group you can attempt to convince the bouncer to let you and the rest of your group in. Very good if you have a sim tagging along that's not famous and want them to attend an award ceremony or get into a swanky place.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I'm not sure if this is a new thing,but my sim conversation list had discuss dystopia.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are multiple hidden traits for different types of fans

the examples i've found:
    02b4434c32814cad3abf5006afcb8b61.png
    f035bdbab7eb185825f79996485cce98.png
    ee284b65a3bf10fcaa7a151226f9a07c.png

stumbled across this while poking around for more details on how the stans work
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    For some reason, I always keep seeing Clara Bjergsen as the woman who always sends mean texts to celebrities and Marcus Flex always being a bouncer. Why is that?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    not sure why for clara, but marcus is because of his fitness level. the game will randomly assign anyone with a max level fitness skill to the bouncer role, even if they have a regular job or they're flagged as played sims

i rather enjoy seeing one of my bad-boy vampires as a bouncer from time to time, laugh when i see the super girly girl vampire doing the same, and then get really confused when my pokemon trainer shows up as one (she's part of a fitness club and jogs all the time, so maxed fitness ages ago)
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Cupid wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    > And people will send you angry text messages about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's hilarious as it is annoying. :U Wonder if the victim went to go snitch on you about your private feeding.
    >
    > Reminds me when you're cheating in S3 and at you rhomoe eyt somehow EVERYONE catches on when you're alone.

@Cupid This reminds me - my sim with a 'Pristine' reputation has been going around town using his newfound Celebrity & Reputation perks to cheat on his wife with every girl going and it hasn't affected his reputation AT ALL. He made out with someone in front of the paparazzi and it hasn't done any damage... I'm starting the miss how reputations worked in S3.
    > @hyrulerose said:
    > This may be something that's been in other worlds in the past and I just never noticed, but there's an airport near the Mirage Park neighborhood of Del Sol Valley, and every so often you can hear (and see, in tab mode) a plane fly by above your house.
    >
    >
    > Not exactly a groundbreaking discovery, but I thought it was a neat addition to the world. :)

@hyrulerose I would LOVE it if this was a hint to a new expansion pack.... Island Paradise or Vacation themed?!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's hilarious as it is annoying. :U Wonder if the victim went to go snitch on you about your private feeding.
    >
    > Reminds me when you're cheating in S3 and at you rhomoe eyt somehow EVERYONE catches on when you're alone.

@Cupid This reminds me - my sim with a 'Pristine' reputation has been going around town using his newfound Celebrity & Reputation perks to cheat on his wife with every girl going and it hasn't affected his reputation AT ALL. He made out with someone in front of the paparazzi and it hasn't done any damage... I'm starting the miss how reputations worked in S3.

One SimGuru mentioned that if your sim gets caught cheating their reputation will go down.
    The Sims 3 had a romantic reputation meaning that it only changed if your sim cheats on their partner, changes their partner a lot, or remains faithful. The Sims 4 is like The Sims 2's reputation (it changes depending on how sim interacts with others in community).
    But people are requesting a romantic pack, so that kind of reputation can be put there.
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I am having a problem after the most recent up`date. Everytime (daily) when I long on, I get a message that my game isn't up to date, when I check, it says I am. I also cannot turn off that awful celebrity walk, they look as though they are constipated. I have run a repair and still cannot turn it off.. Please can anyone give advice on what the problem is. Also two of my Sims got married but did not move in together, no option was given.
  • AshariaAsharia Posts: 45 Member
    I learned that my Sim has a very bad vocal voice. :smiley:
    Sims & Pet Creator ♥ Origin ID: Asharia • My The Sims 4 Gallery PageSimblr AshariaArtTwitter AshariaArt
    DvojfeBWsAESqVD.jpg:large
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    Idray2501 wrote: »
    Babies can be born famous! Or adopted rather. In a household of a three star celebrity couple, they adopted a baby and this lil man came home as a three star celebrity!

No pressure. Do his playdates ask for autographs?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've found out two things so far.
    1.) If your sim lives in a big fancy house in the new world that is on the edge of a cliff it's extremely hard to keep control of the camera due to the build.
    2.) If the sims has a celeb trait on the lot and do not have any kind of fame they get the poser moodlet that is +2 embarrassment. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    When recording neighborhood footage for an ad or..whatever that perk is the drone will come back to the computer and you'll be prompted to name the vid to upload it. I might be behind on that :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • mmlovellmmlovell Posts: 1 New Member
    For some odd reason my teenager can be romantic with a young adult global superstar celebrity.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    When level 10 charisma is combined with a good reputation it takes about 2-4 interactions to become good friends with another sim.

Haha, I was wondering why my sim was suddenly making so many new friends. 😀
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    mmlovell wrote: »
    For some odd reason my teenager can be romantic with a young adult global superstar celebrity.

Sounds more like a bug unless you have a mod that may be messing with that. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    mmlovell wrote: »

If you were romaticly involved with that sim when he was a teen, and have a high enough friendship and romatic bar, your teenage sim will get some romatic options low level flirting and blow kisses and hugging in order to keep the bar from fading out. This was before Get Famous. You have to either have a high enough bar for dailly and longterm relationship, and usually can lock it at lower levels if you declare boyfriend, girlfriend status. The young adult sims can't flirt with the teenage sim, but the teenage sim can flirt with the young adult boyfriend/girlfriend or at least 89 romatic interest. This is to keep the romatic bar from dropping really fast when the couple couldn't fill it before.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    EgonVM wrote: »
    > @LadyKyn said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

One SimGuru mentioned that if your sim gets caught cheating their reputation will go down.
    The Sims 3 had a romantic reputation meaning that it only changed if your sim cheats on their partner, changes their partner a lot, or remains faithful. The Sims 4 is like The Sims 2's reputation (it changes depending on how sim interacts with others in community).
    But people are requesting a romantic pack, so that kind of reputation can be put there.

I think it does change if the partner catches them cheating - the rep system seems to work purely on how you treat individuals. I guess I just wanted the Paparazzi to have some kind of function rather than just showing up and being a general annoyance. I could get my sim to steal/run around naked/ woohoo with 6 sims in a row on a community lot in front of everyone and it makes no difference lol.

BUT, now the reputation system is there then it can certainly be patched and improved upon if a romance pack comes out!
  • jewel47isgreatjewel47isgreat Posts: 2 New Member
    Help please!

I use used the drone to record a video. I tried transferring the video to the video station. I later find several videos from the drone in my household inventory! I can't do anything with the videos except place them on the floor and rename them. How do I get the videos into the video station for editing. My SIMS spent quite a bit of time recording all of these videos and now I can't even use them. Please help!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Help please!

I use used the drone to record a video. I tried transferring the video to the video station. I later find several videos from the drone in my household inventory! I can't do anything with the videos except place them on the floor and rename them. How do I get the videos into the video station for editing. My SIMS spent quite a bit of time recording all of these videos and now I can't even use them. Please help!

Is the drone on the same floor level than the video station? If not it's the reason why.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jenjen76jenjen76 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to use the summon squad option in Get Famous? I have maxed level rep but don't see an option when I click on him? All I see is pose for pics, make swoon, etc..but no summon squad.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    jenjen76 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to use the summon squad option in Get Famous? I have maxed level rep but don't see an option when I click on him? All I see is pose for pics, make swoon, etc..but no summon squad.

Hello @jenjen76
    You need to have the squad perk, and then the summon squad option is on the phone.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yeah, so cool, I got to get my sims there some day, but when you get to that point you can make a club that says squad club or something and you can get club perks if you put all the squad sims in the club.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • pihwhtpihwht Posts: 39 Member
    I've discovered a sim can sell a painting they didn't even paint...and still gain fame from it.

They can be a fraud :lol: ..Which gives me some interesting story ideas....

I have one who started a painting club, and gained money and fame from selling everyone's paintings.