The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Retail Business for Artistic Photographs

So, I want my other sims to be able to buy the artistic photographs my photographer sim takes, but I don't want her to open a retail store because she is in the medical profession and only does photography as a hobby.

I had the idea to have another sim from another household start a photography gallery/retail business for her photos by temporarily moving him in to her apartment, having him make copies of all of the pictures, and then moving him out again. I was going to have him keep all the pictures in small format in a locked area of the store, and then just put copies out to sell; that way he could replace the copies once they sell. I don't actually care about profit and I probably won't be playing the store owner sim for anything other than a means to distribute the photographs to other households.

My question is, if I'm not actively playing the store manager household and I take a sim from another house to his store, will it still be open? Or do I have to go to the store owner's house first, send him to work, and then send my consumer sim to the store afterward? I've never run a retail store before, so I'm unsure how to accomplish my goal of just making these photographs available to all the sims in my save.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok first, retail isn't a career it's a business, sims that already have careers can start a business at any time. You can even have a doctor-veterinarian sim if you want, you just have to manage the time for both.

Second, retail is fun you should do it more often.

Third, if you take a household to an NPC store it should be open like any community lot, even if you did rotational, but I think it'll have random NPC employees, but that I'm not sure as I don't play rotational much.

PS: be advised, there's no shopping bag animation. :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Okay thanks @Sigzy05 - I hope it does have employees when I go in. I guess I'll just have to try it out. :)
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes, the business will be open and have employees though the sim that owns the business will likely not be there. I set up a sim in one of my games to be a 'banker' - had him open a retail store that is supposed to be a 'bank' that my criminal sims could rob and he hired one employee before I left him to go back to my sims. When my sims went there - the banker guy was not there but there were several employees - even ones the banker had not hired.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Thanks for the info @AprilDawn :)