Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medical Profession Fix(Will we ever get One?}

It is so annoying that the nurses in the game don't help clean or place Patients in beds They only stand around with the adult patients and cause it so that our Doctor Sims can't do their work or wait on the adults. It is so unreal to life it isn't funny. I end up calling them from the room and chewing them out for back work conduct. Please fix it soon! Make them more real and have them help instead of just standing around being in the way!

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Only one that tends to clean is the orderly once my sim advanced further in the career. Orderly cleaned up and the nurse just stands and chat with the patient. I would like them to at least admit patients to the bed now and again as well.

Yeah I shop the nurse off or reset them. I'd like to be able to assign them a task like in gtw
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nurses used to admit patients to bed autonomously but they were completely broken a few patches ago. There's a lot of bugs that aren't being fixed for whatever reasons.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Has this bug been reported? I’d search for a report and if you cant find one to comment on so it’s known that it’s still an issue make a new one. The reason is if this has never been reported through the proper channels it isn’t known about and therefore won’t be fixed.

Here’s the link if you need it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

I haven’t played doctor yet as I just got GTW a little while ago but I can imagine this being annoying for sure. Hope you get a fix soon :).
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    My orderly does clean up and fix things. The nurses get in the way though. They should immediately leave as soon as you have chosen to interact with the patient. My doctor sim is not in any good relationships at work over this lol.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    On another note the house calls not sure if it was mentioned but there's random Sims at said house call that don't live there that are the ones that need to be treated.

Kinda weird.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    On another note the house calls not sure if it was mentioned but there's random Sims at said house call that don't live there that are the ones that need to be treated.

Kinda weird.

That happens with the detective career too. The owners of the house aren't witnesses of the crimes. But that's because the game assigns a random NPC sim to those roles instead of getting the actual residents of the house, but that's the way it was coded and not an actual bug.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

That happens with the detective career too. The owners of the house aren't witnesses of the crimes. But that's because the game assigns a random NPC sim to those roles instead of getting the actual residents of the house, but that's the way it was coded and not an actual bug.

Yeah that I get, but thing is the two sims in the apartment I went to was there and three random Sims just came trudging in.

Usually when I play the detective career usually Sims that own the home aren't even present. Thought it was kinda strange. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    It is so annoying that the nurses in the game don't help clean or place Patients in beds They only stand around with the adult patients and cause it so that our Doctor Sims can't do their work or wait on the adults. It is so unreal to life it isn't funny. I end up calling them from the room and chewing them out for back work conduct. Please fix it soon! Make them more real and have them help instead of just standing around being in the way!

I recall when the EP GTw launch it was an issue. Then someone figured out that it is a design choice. For example if they put patients in the beds, then you won't be able to complete your tasks to put a patient to bed, same with cleaning. It is also why doctors don't cure sims autonomously. The only way a NPC will clean patient beds, and clean the hospital is if when they had the Neat trait. Other than that, your sim will be the only one who will work.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

I recall when the EP GTw launch it was an issue. Then someone figured out that it is a design choice. For example if they put patients in the beds, then you won't be able to complete your tasks to put a patient to bed, same with cleaning. It is also why doctors don't cure sims autonomously. The only way a NPC will clean patient beds, and clean the hospital is if when they had the Neat trait. Other than that, your sim will be the only one who will work.

mopping, fixing and admitting is not one of the Doctor tasks. It has been an issue a along. The Nurse has no function except to get in the way so your(our)Sim can't do their job. It would be alright if the Nurse would check on the patient and the rest of them also, but he/she goes to one adult and stays there the whole shift. I agree that she /he should move when you click on our Sim to interact with said patient. I have called the nurse out to talk with them and then leave them standing in the hall to go back in to tend the patient.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I think they need to go back and fix things in all the active careers. It seems like every time they add a new patch to the game something breaks on the active career lots. I'm currently having issues with co workers not spawning in on my science lab lot since the November patch. It's really annoying.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    The orderly will mop and make beds, the Nurse only stands around and gets in the way, they have no function at all except to be annoying. I agree they should leave the patient when our Sim interacts with eh patient and if you notice it is only the adult patients they latch onto and won't move or go to other Patients they just stand with the one the whole shift. Messing up our Sim task is no good reason to make them annoying! They won't do a task if you click on it for you Sim to do. Also How many Doctors do you know who delivers food to patients? Once the make it to Doctor that task should be removed.

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I havent played a doctor in awhile. Are the nurses regular appearing sims? If they are it might be possible to edit their traits to make them more useful.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I don't mind if they're not doing much of anything autonomously, but just being able to assign them a task will go a long way, much like the retail function with employees. Or just like the butler. Just tell the nurse to either..

-Go clean
    -Go take a break
    -Admit patients to bed
    -Talk to patients about general health

The orderly does a good job at keeping the hospital clean and even repairing any broken machinery. Basically the busy work you were doing at lower levels. Just telling them to go do something would be nice. At the beginning of the day might have one or two patients before they all start to file in later on and I'd like to attend to the only patient the nurse is standing in front of.

The only time they move is when they're going to another patient to talk about general health or it's close to quitting time and they're already changing and going out the front door.

On another note, my orderly seems to like chit chatting inbetween with my doctor sim when he's not playing on his phone. Usually because he cleaned and repaired everything for the time being. Haha. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    I have had GTW since it first came out, and I don't ever remember the nurses admitting patients.. or anyone but my sim doing it. I noticed because I always thought how unrealistic that is in a hospital or health care setting.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't mind if they don't do much autonomously personally. If the task comes up and it's done by an NPC my sim might not have the opportunity to do it if they change the way the sims function. I think they are just there for the visuals.. much like the receptionist or Doctor. Basically the only problem I have is them standing in front of a patient that I want to have access too. I have to lure them away with a hug or some other animation to engage with the patient... it's not hard to do but they do tend to stay there most of the day.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I don't mind doing the tasks so much as them standing there, once you click on the patient to interact with them then the nurse should move away from them so you can do it.they could go in and talk to the Doctor who also hogs the analyzing machines or talk to the receptionist now and then atleast they answer the phone lol