Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge!

Comments

• SaphiregirlgamerSaphiregirlgamer Posts: 449 Member
    Who is rapunzel supposed to elope to if she has no friends?
  • MissPlayingMissPlaying Posts: 152 Member
    Hey there!

So I've recently been getting back into playing. I've made it to Generation 8: Mulan, which isn't bad considering when I'd stopped playing back in 2015 or so, I was only on Generation 4 (Aurora) with Generation 5 (Ariel) having been born. With more packs this has certainly become more fun for me and hopefully I'll finally be able to finish what I started 4 years ago.

It's been a long time, so thank you to everyone who has stuck around and helped about answering questions! I only wish I could make this thread more interesting on the first page with some BBCode, but alas that feature cannot happen as I was a new member when this was made.

Anyways, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and answer any questions people may have. As always, I believe in playing the game how you see fit, with the rules being just a guideline.
    Who is rapunzel supposed to elope to if she has no friends?

In 4 years it would be surprising that nobody had picked up on this yet! I just played Rapunzel, and with my next generation now a Young Adult, I guess you could say I completed her generation! When she was a teenager, I decided to allow her to sneak out at night when her parents were asleep, or during the day if siblings/parents weren't in the house. This worked especially well with the curfew system that Parenthood introduced - this allowed her to meet her future spouse, and after her parents died (which was when she was still quite young as she was born when her parents were older), then I relaxed the rules as she then became the "head of the household" with her older brother having moved out, and her younger siblings being teenagers. This allowed me to relax the rules on her sneaking out, and she could retain a good relationship with her future lover, and elope as necessary - though he later divorced her due to committment issues, so perhaps sneaking out at night didn't give her much after all.

Hope this answers your question!
  • JordanSimsFJordanSimsF Posts: 221 Member
    edited December 2018
    Just started playing this. I'm on generation 1 and so far Bianca (Snow) has all her children.
    The toddlers all run around dirty because Bianca's husband doesn't live at home so she has no help.
    Fun stuff
    Post edited by JordanSimsF on
  • iHannah17iHannah17 Posts: 5 New Member
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 9.26.03 PM Heres My founder Cinderella, because since i'm new to challenges I didn't want to try Snow White <3
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953452/
    Please check out my legacy challenge btw love this Disney princess challenge its my most played and favourite series
    I’m so slow but I’m on generation 2 now Cinderella just got married and is going to have her second kid 😊
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    Yay, OP is back!
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    edited December 2018
    I must say, though, this challenge is taking me a really long time. My Aurora is only a child right now. Between going back to my other saved games, and then attempting to get Aurora's relations and her ancestor's relations and descendants to have a bit of a life, I actually haven't even focused on my main family for a while. I haven't even updated the page I have for my family. Lord.
    And quite frankly, in my personal opinion, the accumulation of seasons has made giving my sims a life a bit more difficult. Like spending extra time on a random relation household because I refuse to get them married during Winterfest, for example. And now that plants are out of season, it's harder to manipulate the gender of a child! lol
    And for the first time, my Aurora did not happen to be the first born.
    But, here's Aurora with her brother Ren. She won. (Fun fact: all my sims, except for the heirs and those married in, are named after other characters of stories. Ren, his full name at least, is from a Webtoon called My Dear Cold Blooded King. Their uncles, Jaz and Val, are from another Webtoon called The Devil is a Handsome Man.)
    8AuIhejm.png
    Bonus: 1: This is what happens when someone from your second gen. becomes a vampire. Her brother (Lir) is about to die and she (Fiona) still looks like a darn teenager.
    2: This is what happens when someone has a smart idea to light the fire pit on a windy day. Uncle Val catches on fire during is nephew's birthday. Don't worry, he's still alive and he and his wife now have a baby. :)
    3: This is what Darth Vader and Darth Maul crashing a wedding looks like. (Might not see it, but Darth Vader's ghost is also in that spot between the arch in the background.)
    B1yV5Mfm.pngCinJhKJm.png
    nhxHApnm.png
    I had to add more.
    1: Great-grandma Snow and Grandma Cinderella. 2: Great-grandpa Johnny and Grandma Cinderella. 3: Tiana and Damien still date after having kids. 4: Aurora as a tot with Auntie Sam (Val's wife). 5: Aurora's little adopted cousin (Weslynn) mimicking their puppy. It's just adorable. 6: Uncle Jaz and his pregnant wife.
    JXUooDBm.pngo0UWav9m.png
    wzWCi1om.pngUphb7dlm.png
    QJn8zwUm.pngPs6hKvRm.png
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
    That’s actually so cute and cool I’m only on Cinderella (gen 2) and currently I don’t have a computer so I won’t be able to play until I get a new one and when I do I will be play sims for hours 😂
  • tanicarucastanicarucas Posts: 1 New Member
    yey I'm doing it too :D
    I've made Snow White and she has already had her firstborn, and shhe's now pregnant with her second whom I hope is my Cinderella.
  • 1zzyR0s31zzyR0s3 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh no... I'm still on gen 1, snow white, but her boyfriend just aged up to elderly, and they only have 4 kids! What do I do?
  • PurpleFox01PurpleFox01 Posts: 1 New Member
    So snow ended up falling for Caleb, and he turned her into a vamp. All 7 little ones are vamps. Maybe for pocahontas, if they're still all vamps or aliens, she can marry a human.
    Oh welp, looks like Snows boyfriend is about to die, eh, at least she's preggo with their 7th kid!
    YES!!! I have completed the the first generation!!!! ONWARD TO CINDERELLA!!!!
  • Angel7171972Angel7171972 Posts: 4 New Member
    Just started this challenge and I'm wondering if we are allowed to influence the gender of the baby? My Snow White just had baby number 5 and ANOTHER boy. That's FIVE boys.....ugh
    Yes you can influence with the gender especially if your having that problem I actually don’t get that many boys I usually get girls in my sims
  • Angel7171972Angel7171972 Posts: 4 New Member
    @Saphiregirlgamer, I didn't need to, baby # 7 was a girl...so 6 boys and 1 girl. I didn't cheat it but I did check with McCC to see what she was having in case I did need to influence the gender. I too have never had 6 in a row of the same gender. LOL Figures I would with this challenge. It's as if the game knew!!
  • UninatosimmerUninatosimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    are you allowed to age up kid before there birthdays because I need to cheat so I could fit 7 kids and there mum and dad
  • Wagashi_MasterWagashi_Master Posts: 608 Member
    are you allowed to age up kid before there birthdays because I need to cheat so I could fit 7 kids and there mum and dad

I think it's all right as long as you finish the requirement as stated here below:

- Each child must achieve something before their teenage years - this can be reaching level 5 in a toddler skill, reaching level 3 in all toddler skills, completing their childhood aspiration, or becoming an A grade student in school

1b50d0714006f57e46f0a4530649b643.gif
    Each child must achieve something before their teenage years - this can be reaching level 5 in a toddler skill, reaching level 3 in all toddler skills, completing their childhood aspiration, or becoming an A grade student in school

Wish I read this update before completing all my children's aspirations.... which was extremely hard. Especially the social one for my twin girls.
    Also my game crashed before my last child was born so this time I completed aspirations for all the children before Bianca got preggos with the last child
    Each child must achieve something before their teenage years - this can be reaching level 5 in a toddler skill, reaching level 3 in all toddler skills, completing their childhood aspiration, or becoming an A grade student in school

Wish I read this update before completing all my children's aspirations.... which was extremely hard. Especially the social one for my twin girls.
    Also my game crashed before my last child was born so this time I completed aspirations for all the children before Bianca got preggos with the last child

That's amazing. I'd like to look at some screenshots, if you have any. I'm always interested at how players do their own Disney Princess Challenge.

That's amazing. I'd like to look at some screenshots, if you have any. I'm always interested at how players do their own Disney Princess Challenge.

@Wagashi_Master I've just started posting updates here. :smiley:
    edited January 2019

I did this too. I paused a lot. And really busted my kids' butts. I was determined. And when Snow just needed some help (which was a lot at times), either her or the kids just got Johnny to come over. It wasn't until later that I noticed OP changed the criteria up a bit to make it more lax. But I felt weirdly good after going through all that work on my virtual family... lol
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin

@Wagashi_Master I've just started posting updates here. :smiley:

I just finished reading the latest updates. :) Hoping to read more soon.
    arliel wrote: »

I did this too. I paused a lot. And really busted my kids' butts. I was determined. And when Snow just needed some help (which was a lot at times), either her or the kids just got Johnny to come over. It wasn't until later that I noticed OP changed the criteria up a bit to make it more lax. But I felt weirdly good after going through all that work on my virtual family... lol

How's your challenge going?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top