Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone make all their sims famous?

I can't help it - ever since Get Famous came out I just can't stop making them all famous, which is annoying, an it's a bad habit. I think it's probably because of the lack of jobs/ lifestyle gameplay that we get in the game, or maybe because it's new, but idk. I know I can always turn fame off in settings but I just feel like it becomes unrealistic, especially when your sim becomes very successful.

Also I wish they would make it much harder to be famous as I've had like ten famous sims by now.
AND my sims STILL do the celebrity walkstyle even after I turn it off despite the patch update.

Ugh.

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2018
    No. I would've actually been happy to only have 5 of my sims become celebrities... but since having a low amount of them encourages the game to generate more, I had to do around 20. Haven't had any desire to push any of my other sims into celebrity status since then.

I definitely don't agree that it's too easy. It's the sort of thing that is as easy or as hard as you make it to be.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I currently have a family with two celebrities (an artist and a stylist), and another household with an athlete I'm trying to get on the fame track. I'll eventually try fame with all of the careers, but I do hope to have some Sims who are just "normal" Sims.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Most of the Sims I've played since the expansion released have been celebrities. It's happened with every Sims game once they introduce a celeb pack. I can't help myself lol.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I had to really work at getting my Sim to the top. He started as a teen, too. Finally reached Global Superstar just after I aged him up to YA. I also had to have some advice on how to get him there. First star was relatively easy, but you do have to keep 'working' it to keep the star. The time between Star One and Star Two took ages, or so it seemed. That's when I had to ask for help. I had just installed Sacrificial's Road to Fame_Professional Singing Career to enhance things, since I intended for my teen to become a Rock Star, as he was in Sims3. And I was worried this mod was interfering with GF. Turns out, it helps if your Sim live-streams. I thought it was tips that pushed him toward the goal. Silly me. I've had other family members achieve a first star, but that fades fairly quickly if you don't have them 'work' at it. I'm cool with him being the only one at the moment. Eventually, I may have his younger brother become an Internationally Renown Surgeon, as he was in Sims3. But, I haven't played that household in awhile.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    No, I do not, I have a handful of celebs, but do not let all of them go famous
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No. I'm only playing with a couple Sims that are famous and I just started a new family play in which no one is famous.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    My sims are currently not famous but I will get the odd one or two throughout the generation that will become famous.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2018
    My Get Famous save aside, one of my sims became a B-Lister by writing books, which is fine with me and that's pretty much it. Think I had a couple of one stars for a while too but they lost it at some point.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Nah, just a few that were pretty high in a career that made sense plus some premades like Penny Pizazz, Bella Goth and Johnny Zest.

Most of my Sims stay at rising star with only two b-listers. If anything been setting reputations for Sims than game. Didn't want celebrities for every sim since I don't want to see them everywhere.

I haven't found fame too easy or too hard. It especially depends on what profession and skills your sim is doing. Took awhile for my comedian sim to get to her first and second star that third one gets to be a grind.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    With a rotational game with more than 20 households? No. I don't have GF yet but I have already decided which of my Sims will get famous and why. I also decided who will be just a bit famous, average famous and super, duper famous.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It crossed my mind that I might, but that's just because it's the latest thing.
    I am currently getting it out of my system with a new save and will eventually get back to my main save when I get bored with the GF game play.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Not I. I turned Fame off by default as soon as I installed the pack. I do have all of my actively controlled sims step into the spotlight so if they do things that build fame, they will get the fame....but for most of them, I don't do enough of those things to get even 1 star.

Haven't seen what @Cupid describes regarding the game generating a lot of celebrities either. Heck, when Judith Ward passed away it took something along the lines of 6 to 9 sim-weeks before I even saw another proper celebrity. Even Baby Ariel remains an enigma; manage Households says she's out there, but she hasn't made an appearance anywhere that I've noticed. I've played through almost 24 sim-weeks since installing GF.

Maybe you need to do more things in Del Sol Valley to get more celebrity activity...I only go there to pick up awards and do charity events with my active celebrity sim (who writes music and mixes beats for her fame).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have a rotational save just started and only have one Sim intentionally pursuing fame (and two others I might start on that path). I will soon go in and edit the premades to proper game levels, but for right now I just have the one. I prefer to keep things realistic in terms of fame. But when I do pursue, I go all in and it becomes a big focus for me.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So far the only sim I have not made famous, is my new klepto, but only because I don't want it even harder for her to steal things, it makes it more difficult if you are famous and fans are always there lol. I love my sims being famous and they sure seem to enjoy it, love that pack so much.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have a large rotational save and about 1 in 10 of my played sims are famous there.

I think that if you are an actor becoming famous is easy, but if you aren't it's difficult.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nah, they wouldn’t feel special if they were all celebs.