Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    hello im batz! ive been casually playing the sims since the second one but i never bought any adds on
    but now that im an adult with money i have all the powers in the world!! i never knew this place existed till my friend told me about it so here i am!
    I love dressing up my sims ! its just so much fun!! (i have probably spend my time on CAS more than the actual games lmao)
    i hope i can share my characters with all of you soon :)
    if you are reading this i hope you have a nice day!!

Hello @knifebatz :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. It is great that you have now started buying packs to enjoy having with the base game also. The packs add great features, activities, worlds, buy mode and cas items to the game.
    It is nice that your friend told you about this Sims forums and that you have started posting here on the threads. I hope that will enjoy meeting fellow simmers on the threads and posting about your simming experiences.
    Spending time in CAS is very enjoyable! It is fun to work out the background details of our sims and choosing outfits for the different clothing categories that suit them.
    I hope that you also are having a very nice day :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • PandiePawsPandiePaws Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I am Pandie and I loved playing the sims! I remember playing the sims hot date expansion pack (feeling old) as the first game! Since then I have been hook. I enjoy making different families. Recently bought some sims 3 expansion packs.
    Hello! I am Pandie and I loved playing the sims! I remember playing the sims hot date expansion pack (feeling old) as the first game! Since then I have been hook. I enjoy making different families. Recently bought some sims 3 expansion packs.

Hello @PandiePaws :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing the original Sims 1. Creating sims in CAS is a very enjoyable and fun part of simming! It is nice to create a background story for each of our sims and their families , then seeing how their life stories develop in our game.
    It is great that you now own some Sims 3 expansion packs. Each of the Sims 3 packs add many enjoyable features, activities, world and build/buy mode items to our games. It is always fun to explore new packs and see what features they contain!
  • salumecasalumeca Posts: 26 Member
    Hi! I'm salu and I'm a CAS simmer! I'm obsessed with cc and making new sims, i barely play the actual game haha.
    I never had the opportunity to play any of the other games since i was still young, so i got The Sims 4 recentl
    I might very well have over 70 sims created and i update them every now and then with new cc
    I can't actually play with them all since my pc is in the low low end but hopefully i'll get a new one to be able to play in Ultra
    salumeca wrote: Β»
    Hi! I'm salu and I'm a CAS simmer! I'm obsessed with cc and making new sims, i barely play the actual game haha.
    I never had the opportunity to play any of the other games since i was still young, so i got The Sims 4 recentl
    I might very well have over 70 sims created and i update them every now and then with new cc
    I can't actually play with them all since my pc is in the low low end but hopefully i'll get a new one to be able to play in Ultra

Hello @salumeca :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you enjoy creating sims in CAS. There is a lot of great cas cc items for Sims 4, that creators have very kindly shared with fellow simmers so that they can also enjoy using them in their games. CC creators are very talented!
    It is nice that you have started simming by playing Sims 4. I hope that you will soon be able to get a new computer so as you can also enjoy playing your created sims in your game.
  • ChristelleChristelle Posts: 144 Member
    Hey, I am a newby on the forums. I live in South Africa and fell in love with Sims since I played Sims 2. In the beginning of sims 4 I tried to create and build, then got lazy and downloaded things, but that tends to get boring, so I created my own set of challenges and eventually found some challenges online too, which makes sims 4 so much better when you create, build etc your own lots and sims.
    Hey, I am a newby on the forums. I live in South Africa and fell in love with Sims since I played Sims 2. In the beginning of sims 4 I tried to create and build, then got lazy and downloaded things, but that tends to get boring, so I created my own set of challenges and eventually found some challenges online too, which makes sims 4 so much better when you create, build etc your own lots and sims.

Hello @Christelle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playimg Sims 2 and are now playing Sims 4. It is great thst you are enjoyinh creating sims and buikfing homes and venues for them to live in and visit. Creating sims and building homes are special ways of expressing out creativity through the game, and is fun also!
    Hiiii

Hello @Saphiregirlgamer :) It is nice to meet you.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find new helpful tips about playing the game which you can then use in your game, and enjoy posting about the sims that are in your game.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hi, I'm Gordy. Shockingly enough, that's not my real name.

I've been playing since first Sims game, though I sort of fell out of the franchise during the Sims 3 era. But now I'm back and ready to waste all my money on making my sims look nice.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Hi, I'm Gordy. Shockingly enough, that's not my real name.

I've been playing since first Sims game, though I sort of fell out of the franchise during the Sims 3 era. But now I'm back and ready to waste all my money on making my sims look nice.

Hello @Gordy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing the original Sims 1, and it is great that after a break you are now back simming again and playing Sims 4.
    It is enjoyable working out the outfits for the different clothing categories for our sims :) We can enjoy choosing clothing that suits their background story details.
  • Scarletsin666Scarletsin666 Posts: 38 Member
    I've been playing Sims since I was a teen locking myself up playing all night. Now I'm a wife and mother of 2 with one on the way who stays home cooks homeschools and plays Sims....some things never change
    I've been playing Sims since I was a teen locking myself up playing all night. Now I'm a wife and mother of 2 with one on the way who stays home cooks homeschools and plays Sims....some things never change

Hello @Scarletsin666 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming when a teen, and now you have children of your own. Perhaps one day they will also become simmers like you :) Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your precious new little baby! <3 It is such a very special time for you and your family :) It is very nice that all through the different stages of our lives we can enjoy playing the Sims.
  • Scarletsin666Scarletsin666 Posts: 38 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Scarletsin666 wrote: Β»
    >
    > I've been playing Sims since I was a teen locking myself up playing all night. Now I'm a wife and mother of 2 with one on the way who stays home cooks homeschools and plays Sims....some things never change
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Scarletsin666 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming when a teen, and now you have children of your own. Perhaps one day they will also become simmers like you :) Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your precious new little baby! <3 It is such a very special time for you and your family :) It is very nice that all through the different stages of our lives we can enjoy playing the Sims.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thankyou and yes I will pass on Sims to all my kids Thanks so much 😊
  • LilDramaMama6892LilDramaMama6892 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hello, my name is Sand. I have been playing the Sims since the beginning. I am always reading the forums but just never participated in any conversations. Still learning how to build houses other than the "square" type. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Scarletsin666 wrote: Β»
    >
    > I've been playing Sims since I was a teen locking myself up playing all night. Now I'm a wife and mother of 2 with one on the way who stays home cooks homeschools and plays Sims....some things never change
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Scarletsin666 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming when a teen, and now you have children of your own. Perhaps one day they will also become simmers like you :) Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your precious new little baby! <3 It is such a very special time for you and your family :) It is very nice that all through the different stages of our lives we can enjoy playing the Sims.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thankyou and yes I will pass on Sims to all my kids Thanks so much 😊

You’re welcome :)
    Hello, my name is Sand. I have been playing the Sims since the beginning. I am always reading the forums but just never participated in any conversations. Still learning how to build houses other than the "square" type. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.

Hello @LilDramaMama6892 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums.
    It is nice that you have simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many happy memories of fun times spent simming over the years :)
    This is a link to a thread that contains links to guides to Building in Sims 4, as well as building tips. They may help you in your building.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796520/building-tips-and-tutorials-ruthless-kk-build-guide-link-too#latest
  • LilDramaMama6892LilDramaMama6892 Posts: 13 New Member
    @rosemow Thank you very much for the suggested links. I will be sure to read and learn from them. Thank you again!! πŸ˜€
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Hello all, I'm thecatsred - been playing the game since it first launched way back in 2000s, and I've played pretty much every (non sponsored lol) expansion pack for each iteration of the game, all the way up til now! My poor parents and their wallets for the first sims... hahah

I've got just under 3k hours in sims 4 currently, and that's sure to be much higher as long as there's still draw for me to come back.

I love building and decorating (I can decorate and build for hours alone!) and I love recreating antique houseplans I find online, and dressing them up to look all old. Made a whole house just on my own and filled it with all the stuff that didn't require electricity, and moved a vampire in there for fun. Now he's got four cats, and I'm using that sim as a character for D&D!

I tend to spend the rest of my time in CAS, and I LOVE making sims. I love making characters, or remaking OCs I've made elsewhere in sims to set them free, so to speak, and watch them live out their lives. I've got a world that's almost entirely filled with my own original characters, and sims I've made for fun when a new pack came out.

I have a random legacy going on right now, but I'm stuck in a rut currently - only in gen 5, which is a right shame. But I'll get there at some point. I've got a lot to explore with that family still!
    Hello all, I'm thecatsred - been playing the game since it first launched way back in 2000s, and I've played pretty much every (non sponsored lol) expansion pack for each iteration of the game, all the way up til now! My poor parents and their wallets for the first sims... hahah

I've got just under 3k hours in sims 4 currently, and that's sure to be much higher as long as there's still draw for me to come back.

I love building and decorating (I can decorate and build for hours alone!) and I love recreating antique houseplans I find online, and dressing them up to look all old. Made a whole house just on my own and filled it with all the stuff that didn't require electricity, and moved a vampire in there for fun. Now he's got four cats, and I'm using that sim as a character for D&D!

I tend to spend the rest of my time in CAS, and I LOVE making sims. I love making characters, or remaking OCs I've made elsewhere in sims to set them free, so to speak, and watch them live out their lives. I've got a world that's almost entirely filled with my own original characters, and sims I've made for fun when a new pack came out.

I have a random legacy going on right now, but I'm stuck in a rut currently - only in gen 5, which is a right shame. But I'll get there at some point. I've got a lot to explore with that family still!

Hello @thecatsred :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims one, and that has led you to playing each of the later versions of The Sims games also as well as the expansion packs. Simming is fun! Congratulations on playing 3000 hours of Sims 4 so far! That is great!
    It is very nice that you enjoy building antique homes using real life house plans, and furnishing themed to reflect the antique style. It is a very style of home for Sims to enjoy living in.
    It is great that you also enjoy creating sims in cas. Your world that is made up of sims that you have created would be very special and fun for you to play :) . You would enjoy seeing the Sims interracting with each other.
    I hope that your legacy family goes well and that you have new ideas for playing the family.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Comensela

I've been playing The Sims ever since The Sims 1 way back when. I still have it on an old PC with all the old expansion packs from Living It Up right through to Superstar. I skipped 2 and 3 and last year bought Sims 4 after me and my two sons watched a Stampylongnose Let's Play video on it and were convinced we needed an upgrade to our beloved old game. We've played the heck out of it since and added a few expansion and stuff packs along the way. All 3 of us have about 4 worlds each (we like to have themes to a lot of our worlds) but we haven't convinced mum to play yet. Only recently I learned you could make movies with The Sims and fairly easily as well so I've done that with my own retro-sci-fi soap opera called Futurworld. The premise is the world of the 21st century but as people in the 1960s thought it would be like. I've found The Sims does retro-futurism very well. I decided to join the forums as a way of getting hints and tips that would be useful for both my children's gaming plus my attempts at machinima as well as well as looking at the various challenges. Anyway, I can't post a link to Futurworld yet but if you go to YouTube and look up Kellogg J. Kellogg you'll find the first 3 episodes there. OK, I'll see you all around

Deg deg

Kellogg J. Kellogg
    Comensela

I've been playing The Sims ever since The Sims 1 way back when. I still have it on an old PC with all the old expansion packs from Living It Up right through to Superstar. I skipped 2 and 3 and last year bought Sims 4 after me and my two sons watched a Stampylongnose Let's Play video on it and were convinced we needed an upgrade to our beloved old game. We've played the heck out of it since and added a few expansion and stuff packs along the way. All 3 of us have about 4 worlds each (we like to have themes to a lot of our worlds) but we haven't convinced mum to play yet. Only recently I learned you could make movies with The Sims and fairly easily as well so I've done that with my own retro-sci-fi soap opera called Futurworld. The premise is the world of the 21st century but as people in the 1960s thought it would be like. I've found The Sims does retro-futurism very well. I decided to join the forums as a way of getting hints and tips that would be useful for both my children's gaming plus my attempts at machinima as well as well as looking at the various challenges. Anyway, I can't post a link to Futurworld yet but if you go to YouTube and look up Kellogg J. Kellogg you'll find the first 3 episodes there. OK, I'll see you all around

Deg deg

Kellogg J. Kellogg

Hello @Kellogg_J_Kellogg :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1, and that you still have it installed as well as the expansion packs on an older computer. It is great that after a break from simming you bought Sims 4 last year. It is very special that you and your sons all play the Sims <3 You would have lots of fun simming together and showing each other what you are doing in the game. Perhaps one day their Mum will decide to create a sim and play also too :)
    It is exciting and special that you make your own simming YouTube videos! :) You may like to post about the videos on a thread in the Video Haven section of the forums when you become a full member and can post links
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/video-haven
    Happy simming to all three of you, and happy sims video making! :)
  • SaphiregirlgamerSaphiregirlgamer Posts: 449 Member
    Hi I’m saphire ( that’s not actually my real name) ikr u all shook right now πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

Anyway, I started play with the sims 3 not caring about the packs at all barely I even knew they existed but now I wanna get all the sims 4 packs πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
    Hi I’m saphire ( that’s not actually my real name) ikr u all shook right now πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

Anyway, I started play with the sims 3 not caring about the packs at all barely I even knew they existed but now I wanna get all the sims 4 packs πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

Hello @Saphiregirlgamer :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, and now you are also playing Sims 4. I hope that you will be able to buy each of the packs when you are able to afford them :) Often Origin has great sales on the packs , and it is good to purchase the packs when they are at a reduced price. The packs add many great features, activities, worlds, venues, cas items and build mode items to the game!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top