Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Get Famous Worth Buying?

I got a $25 Visa giftcard for christmas and saw there was a sale and the only packs I don't have are JA, MFPS, and Get Famous.

I'm more interested in GF out of those 3 but I wanted to know everyone's opinion if it's worth buying even on sale?

Is there enough gameplay to keep you entertained rather than it seem repetitive after a shortwhile ?

Are the fame system/Acting gigs glitchy?

Thanks to anyone who responds :) I know the ultimate decision lies in me but I'd really love to here other's opinions who have the pack.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I haven't gotten tired of GF yet -- I've yet to have a Sim in the acting career so not sure yet about how repetitive it feels. I like it mainly because you don't have to have a Sim in the acting career for fame -- I have a family with an artist and a stylist, and both of them are B-listers. With both the Fame and the Reputation systems, there is a lot going on.

Jungle Adventures is also a good pack -- I'm thinking with the Create your Own Career I might make one of my Sim kids a freelance writer/explorer so they can go down to Selvadorada frequently. (Still a ways off for that.)

I really like MFP but it's controversial because of the C&D related items. But I don't see it as "DLC for DLC" -- the caged animals are cute and children can study them instead of doing homework from the schoolbooks so it varies the routine.

Depending how good the sale is you might be able to get both JA and MFP with your gift card which would give you additional game play. (Congrats on the gift; I got a Fandango gift card so my husband and I can go see more movies, and a restaurant gift card to have dinner out occasionally.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Honestly? No. The Road to Fame mod actually offers more gameplay (google it, since I can not post links yet). You can be an actor, a professional singer, and a model with the mod. There's also a fame system, concerts, a "simstigram", etc.

And if you don't like using mods, you'll probably end up wanting mods anyway to fix things that GF did poorly. Like, celebrities showing up at everyday venues and causing every sim in the vicinity to become so starstruck that they stop everything they're doing. And I mean, every time your sim goes anywhere, whether it be a run-down bar or an exclusive nightclub, a celebrity will show up (when was the last time you saw a "global superstar" entire your neighborhood grocery store? Because that's essentially what's happening here). I have actually had to download several mods to deal with GF. And the actor aspect of GF gets very repetitive after a while, and that's pretty much the main feature of the pack.

JA might be worth the money. Though, I have JA installed and I haven't utilized it much. I think I went in the jungle once, got eaten alive by spiders or something, and didn't go back since. It might be a fun little adventure, but since a lot of the jungle is just rabbit holes, it'll probably get boring to explore.

But anyway, depending on the sale, you could just get JA and MFP then download the RtF mod and you'll pretty much have everything.
  • flowerceremonyflowerceremony Posts: 17 Member
    For me GF has definitely been worth it so far. I'm finding that I still haven't explored all aspects of the pack. Yes, the world is small, but the detail that was put into it makes it worth it for me. I'm also a fan of the depth that the reputation system adds to the game - not just for famous Sims but for all Sims. I'm always looking for ways to add more to Sims' personalities and I think the reputation system does just that. Of course it depends a lot on your play style, but overall I'd say GF is worth it if you can find it for a good price!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I would get GF. The only disappointing about it is the world. Everything else is fleshed out and great.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    Honestly? No. The Road to Fame mod actually offers more gameplay (google it, since I can not post links yet). You can be an actor, a professional singer, and a model with the mod. There's also a fame system, concerts, a "simstigram", etc.

And if you don't like using mods, you'll probably end up wanting mods anyway to fix things that GF did poorly. Like, celebrities showing up at everyday venues and causing every sim in the vicinity to become so starstruck that they stop everything they're doing. And I mean, every time your sim goes anywhere, whether it be a run-down bar or an exclusive nightclub, a celebrity will show up (when was the last time you saw a "global superstar" entire your neighborhood grocery store? Because that's essentially what's happening here). I have actually had to download several mods to deal with GF. And the actor aspect of GF gets very repetitive after a while, and that's pretty much the main feature of the pack.

JA might be worth the money. Though, I have JA installed and I haven't utilized it much. I think I went in the jungle once, got eaten alive by spiders or something, and didn't go back since. It might be a fun little adventure, but since a lot of the jungle is just rabbit holes, it'll probably get boring to explore.

But anyway, depending on the sale, you could just get JA and MFP then download the RtF mod and you'll pretty much have everything.
    So when you bought Get Famous you didn’t know it was about getting famous? Not everyone is going to use mods and Road To Fame isn’t a EP replacement. Plus I realize this is your opinion but the game isn’t as bad as you are making it out to be. I personally think it’s fun I haven’t gotten bored of it yet I love the things it brings to the game it adds extra things to do on your calendar if you have Seasons. I love the Acting Career it’s fun and extremely funny to watch. This is also coming from someone who has gotten bored after a week of Seasons Jungle Adventure and Cats And Dogs so if I’m not bored then I would say they did something good.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    For $20? I'd say it's worth it. It feels exactly like I worried it would when the first bits of info started dropping - more like an inflated GP than a proper EP - but the $20 full GP price does sound right for it. Even if you compare it to the GP sale price of $15, I'd still say it's worth GP price plus $5.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I got GF on sale and I do not regret it at all. I get bored after a while playing sometimes but since i got GF I have been loving it. I been playing on an actress and its not glitchy at all for me. The celebrity's showing up everywhere is annoying at times but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be as people say. If it gets too annoying I just use MCCC to make them leave. I like the whole fame system and how you can be famous by doing several different things and just because your married to a famous person doesn't make the spouse famous either which is nice.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I would get GF. The only disappointing about it is the world. Everything else is fleshed out and great.

This. I've never been particularly interested in fame for my sims, but I was pleasantly surprised by Get Famous and am having lots of fun with it. I got it as an early Christmas present during a sale, so if you see it on sale I think you should go for it.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I got a $25 Visa giftcard for christmas and saw there was a sale and the only packs I don't have are JA, MFPS, and Get Famous.

I'm more interested in GF out of those 3 but I wanted to know everyone's opinion if it's worth buying even on sale?

Is there enough gameplay to keep you entertained rather than it seem repetitive after a shortwhile ?

Thanks to anyone who responds :) I know the ultimate decision lies in me but I'd really love to here other's opinions who have the pack.
    You should get, Get Famous, I love it, it's just fun. also, you almost have enough to get MFPS all stuff packs I think is still 5.99 so just a couple more dollars and you could buy both. :);) ,

I got Get Famous, No Regrets, Hey you get a new town, for me that was a no-brainer for under 20$

<3 ROAD TO FAME! - Part 4 - The Adventures Of Thorne Bailey (Sims 4)
    The Sim Supply
    Published on Dec 27, 2018

https://youtu.be/KPd_Hrdjqy0

If The Sim Supply like it, I buy it. he loves Get Famous :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Though i haven't gotten yet soon i'll will but even i want it i don't mind small town am pretty much used to it for ts4.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited December 2018

Is the Build a Bundle feature on sale as well? I have all the GPs so I can't check.
    If it is, then this would be the perfect opportunity to get all three at once.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I say yes. Especially since it's on sale.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Since you asked, If you can get it real cheap I say go for it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd just say since GF is the newest and there might not be another sale for awhile on that one .. go for it now.
    As to if it's repetitive that really is your call. I haven't gotten tired of it yet but by now I mostly know how things go with the fame and reputation system. I haven't seen every possibility there is in the game. I haven't tried every perk or had every quirk. I haven't finished the Acting Career yet because I'm playing in rotation. I'm rather liking seeing non-famous sims and how the reputation affects them as much as famous sims. The objects are really nice to me as well as the clothing in GF. Now some of the stuff is over the top diva tacky depending on what colors you chose ect but I've found a number of uses it for them already. Check some reviews on it most are positive.
    I could say the same for JA.. I use the build buy a lot even when my sims don't go on vacation. I also love the clothing that came with JA. My sims haven't been on vacation there though since before GF but it's a fun pack. Something different to do on vacation, new ways to make money. I like hanging out with the "natives".
    I personally like MFP.. but it's the most controversial pack out there. I like the rabid rodent disease and have used it for stories. I like having a pet hamster/rat for some of my sims also. The furniture.. it's simplistic to me so I don't use it much. I like the corner couch, the hamster chair and the rat splat looking rug. Some of the other pet stuff gives variety also.. like the pet beds especially I like better than the ones that came with Cats&Dogs. I don't play with toddlers/kids much or I'd have more use for it.

egTcBMc.png
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Just bought it and I'll say it's probably worth the same as a gamepack. I mean without the actor career it pretty much is in terms of gameplay.
    edited December 2018

So when you bought Get Famous you didn’t know it was about getting famous? Not everyone is going to use mods and Road To Fame isn’t a EP replacement. Plus I realize this is your opinion but the game isn’t as bad as you are making it out to be. I personally think it’s fun I haven’t gotten bored of it yet I love the things it brings to the game it adds extra things to do on your calendar if you have Seasons. I love the Acting Career it’s fun and extremely funny to watch. This is also coming from someone who has gotten bored after a week of Seasons Jungle Adventure and Cats And Dogs so if I’m not bored then I would say they did something good.

Lol? Did I say anything about the "getting famous" aspect? I was just giving a heads up that GF has some annoying features, such as celebrities showing up everywhere, and your apparent love for the pack doesn't change those issues. It's up to the OP whether or not they want to spend money on an expansion pack vs buying two stuff packs, and knowing that there is a mod that offers the same thing as GF may alter that decision. I know that, if I knew about RtF prior to buying GF, I would have bought something else.

But I mean, you do you. She asked the community, and as you said, that's my opinion about the matter.

Edit: just realized that this is all between an EP, GP, and SP. An EP vs a GP + SP would both be under $25, but you could also bundle them all up (which also gives a discount). I'm not sure if the bundle discount works in conjunction with the sale, but you could probably get it for around $40 then use the gift card to reduce it to $15 out of pocket for all three.

Considering that these are the only packs you're missing, and you'll probably want to complete your collection eventually, I think it's worth it to spend the $15, rather than miss the sale and have to pay full price for either the expansion pack or the game/stuff packs.
    Post edited by gemjas on
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    Just bought it and I'll say it's probably worth the same as a gamepack. I mean without the actor career it pretty much is in terms of gameplay.

I do agree that it is worth the price of an GP. :) and glad I got it on the cheap.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Lol? Did I say anything about the "getting famous" aspect? I was just giving a heads up that GF has some annoying features, such as celebrities showing up everywhere, and your apparent love for the pack doesn't change those issues. It's up to the OP whether or not they want to spend money on an expansion pack vs buying two stuff packs, and knowing that there is a mod that offers the same thing as GF may alter that decision. I know that, if I knew about RtF prior to buying GF, I would have bought something else.

But I mean, you do you. She asked the community, and as you said, that's my opinion about the matter.

Edit: just realized that this is all between an EP, GP, and SP. An EP vs a GP + SP would both be under $25, but you could also bundle them all up (which also gives a discount). I'm not sure if the bundle discount works in conjunction with the sale, but you could probably get it for around $40 then use the gift card to reduce it to $15 out of pocket for all three.

Considering that these are the only packs you're missing, and you'll probably want to complete your collection eventually, I think it's worth it to spend the $15, rather than miss the sale and have to pay full price for either the expansion pack or the game/stuff packs.
    A mod that does the same thing ok will I am scared to use that mod and I like what is in GF. A mod doesn't replace an Expansion Pack either. Even if you think it does the same exact things. Not everyone is willing to wreck their game over a mod they don't know how to work which is me.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

A mod that does the same thing ok will I am scared to use that mod and I like what is in GF. A mod doesn't replace an Expansion Pack either. Even if you think it does the same exact things. Not everyone is willing to wreck their game over a mod they don't know how to work which is me.

Well said. I'm not a huge fan of mods - currently I only have two that have been around for years and I trust. Not everyone wants to mod their game for every single little thing.
    edited December 2018

I mean, that's fine? You can be scared all you want? But you don't know what kind of player the person asking is, so that's extremely irrelevant. If they are comfortable using mods, then the option is there. If not, then that's fine. It's just best to know all of your options if you're making any kind of decision.

I'm sorry that me suggesting mods offends you so much, but many, many players use them without their games breaking. You keep saying not everyone uses mods, as if mod-users aren't an extremely large portion of the sims community.

You could have just said your opinion and left. I'm not sure why you've decided to give me these snide replies as if I'm forcing you at gunpoint to use a mod.
    Post edited by gemjas on
    edited December 2018

I mean, that's fine? You can be scared all you want? But you don't know what kind of player the person asking is, so that's extremely irrelevant. If they are comfortable using mods, then the option is there. If not, then that's fine. It's just best to know all of your options if you're making any kind of decision.

I'm sorry that me suggesting mods offends you so much, but many, many players use them without their games breaking. You keep saying not everyone uses mods, as if mod-users aren't an extremely large portion of the sims community.

You could have just said your opinion and left. I'm not sure why you've decided to give me these snide replies as if I'm forcing you at gunpoint to use a mod.
    Honestly if you are coming on here to tell people not to buy something instead use a mod and I do use mods just not that one. Seems rude to the Simgurus that worked hard on the EP to give us content. I am not offended over mods I just don't think suggesting a mod over an EP is right on the forums. The person who started the post was asking which they should get not be swayed to use a mod that can potentially wreck their game. I don't see any snide remarks you are just seeing them as you want to see them. I was just stating my opinion.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Honestly if you are coming on here to tell people not to buy something instead use a mod and I do use mods just not that one. Seems rude to the Simgurus that worked hard on the EP to give us content. I am not offended over mods I just don't think suggesting a mod over an EP is right on the forums. The person who started the post was asking which they should get not be swayed to use a mod that can potentially wreck their game.

The mod won't break their game. It works fine and can easily be removed if need be. That being said, this was an either/or option. Either way, she was planning to buy one thing over another. Either way, something wasn't going to be bought. My suggestion literally changes nothing.

If she could get all three, by all means. I also suggested that in a previous post, but you're hyper focused on me daring to mention a mod.

Again, you're acting as if I'm forcing people to use mods. You could have either ignored me or approached me without the snark. And again, my suggestion was my opinion--which is what was asked--and my opinion is that the EP is extremely flawed, so the GP/SP would be the better buy. If you don't agree, then that's okay. But don't come at me condescendingly and don't try to lecture me. You have your own play style and I have mine, and neither is better than the other.

Goodbye.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited December 2018
    I was wondering, how does swordplay/fencing work in the pack? Is it only related to the acting career or a skill that any sim can use? I've wanted the ability to do this for a long time and remember seeing swordplay in one of the trailers when GF was announced but as I am not sure whether I would get the use out of the pack, I haven't bought it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AntoniummsimmerAntoniummsimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    I've just bought it and let me tell you I have not played it yet but if it's bad I'll Just play Get To Work since I bought that to.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I was wondering, how does swordplay/fencing work in the pack? Is it only related to the acting career or a skill that any sim can use? I've wanted the ability to do this for a long time and remember seeing swordplay in one of the trailers when GF was announced but as I am not sure whether I would get the use out of the pack, I haven't bought it.

You don't get a sword fighting skill.. it's all tied into the acting skill. You use marks to perform scenes. On public lots where you can build you can put down the marks or of course you can use them on the job. I don't know what level your sim has to be at to perform the sword fight scene though. The one I'm playing right now isn't accessible to him at level 5 acting skill in public and I haven't had a scene with him for a sword fight yet on the job. Maybe someone else can give you more/better info but I'm playing it all out pretty slow and not always playing my actor since I'm rotating and or just playing how I want to play on any given day.
    Either way you can't just sword fight without the set up and the right skills.
    Maybe someone will use this to do a free flow mod.. wouldn't be surprised if they do but it might not meet the ratings of the game if bloodletting/injury can happen.
    egTcBMc.png